Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peloquin
    Till I Come!
    • Jun 2004

hey man, at least you try.. i have no decks, and have sworn off attempting to spin until i can afford some. my buddy has some and always offers for me to try.. i just hold out every time. keep up the good work, eventually youll get something you are happy with, and maybe we could all listen

might be a decent idea for [ms] to have a "ms peeps" section where every couple of weeks or so a featured mix from an ms person is hosted

Comment

• buzztim
      Getting warmed up
      • Jun 2004

just always hit record... everytime you play...

you won't be nervous about being recorded if everything under the sun is recorded imo...
      Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you. -- Bill Hicks

Comment

• rewing3
        I really don't care
        • Jun 2004

Don't give up. I know exact what your saying too. I hate recording myself b/c I pick every bad there is to pick out of a mix. But when I don't record myself I seem to do a lot better. It sucks. Maybe sometime I will get a good mix for you all to hear.
        Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by peloquin
          hey man, at least you try.. i have no decks, and have sworn off attempting to spin until i can afford some. my buddy has some and always offers for me to try.. i just hold out every time. keep up the good work, eventually youll get something you are happy with, and maybe we could all listen

might be a decent idea for [ms] to have a "ms peeps" section where every couple of weeks or so a featured mix from an ms person is hosted
          You should just jump on the decks. it's amazing how fast you can come up with the money to buy them after you get your feet wet, lol. Thats what happened to me when one of my mates left his decks at my gaff after a party. Within two weeks I had my own.

Also, I've noticed when I've handed out mixes to people and point out where I know I messed up or whatever, it is amazing how many of them are like, wow, I didnt even notice, of course unless they spin themselves. But I notice the more I do the better I feel about each one.

Another thing is, every little thing is going to be picked up when recording. Alot of shit you can get away with live, is way more noticeable when recorded. So it you have a flawless demo, your live skills are most likely that much better IMO.

Comment

• ShaneLittle
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

Definitely gonna record everytime I mix from now on, that will cure the record fright! Also, what I did when saving up for decks was get a 5 gallon water bottle and I put a sign on it saying "Shane's turntable fund...please give til it hurts" After that ALL my friends were bringing over change and bills, some dropped twenties after I got em hammered! Try that, it worked for me!

Originally posted by peloquin

I love vinyl.

Comment

• Jibgolly
              Vortexuralizor
              • Jun 2004

recording yourself gets easier over time.
              when i used to record mix tapes i would stop them and start over if i made the slightest mistake.
              now when i hit record, i get a slight rush and pretend i am playing to a crowd.
              practice makes near perfect.
              it also helps me to not have any distractions: cell phones, tv, roomates, or anyone around that can interrupt.

Comment

• ShaneLittle
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

Very tru, very tru!

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                when i used to record mix tapes i would stop them and start over if i made the slightest mistake.
                it also helps me to not have any distractions: cell phones, tv, roomates, or anyone around that can interrupt.
                I love vinyl.

Comment

• Hos
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

awww guys all this love....i think i might take the lids off mine.
                  black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• MJ
                    Here since 2002
                    • Jun 2004

Re:: I'm pissed at myself...

Shane, don`t listen to any of them, they`re all demons sent here to give you bum information. Forget about music, sell you`re decks, records and amp and rent a small pig farm in Nicosia.
                    mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• remoh
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ShaneLittle
                      Definitely gonna record everytime I mix from now on, that will cure the record fright! Also, what I did when saving up for decks was get a 5 gallon water bottle and I put a sign on it saying "Shane's turntable fund...please give til it hurts" After that ALL my friends were bringing over change and bills, some dropped twenties after I got em hammered! Try that, it worked for me!

that is some funny shit!!! ..i need a new car

btw my family lives in orlando
                      [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
                      |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• remoh
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly

yeah i stop whenever i make a mistake and walk away...i waste so many cds.... my friend has a mini disc, with those you just delete the session and start over... i might borrow it

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by remoh

yeah i stop whenever i make a mistake and walk away...i waste so many cds.... my friend has a mini disc, with those you just delete the session and start over... i might borrow it
                          Can you not just hard disk record thru wave lab, and then burn it if it comes out ok?

Comment

• Jibgolly
                            Vortexuralizor
                            • Jun 2004

^ you can with soundforge.
                            it initially saves as a WAV (default)
                            then you can encode to your liking from there.

Comment

• MJ
                              Here since 2002
                              • Jun 2004

^Or just use Total Recorder and it does everything for you.
                              mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• remoh
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2004

Re:: I'm pissed at myself...

i have a shittty sound card on my computer so i use an actual stand alone cd recorder ....

Comment

Working...