X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • esef
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

POPULAR MUSIC TO BE MADE BY ROBOTS

Several years ago, a post in a chat room said, "In the future, popular music will be made by robots, and the kids won't be able to tell the difference." You may be surprised to learn that this has already happened.

We spoke to Thomas D. Mottola, former Chairman and CEO of Sony Music Entertainment Inc. He told us that robots and computers making music had already been done. "We first used machines to make the hits in the late eighties," The singers you did not see who really recorded the Milli Vanilli album, as well as New Kids On The Block, were actually robots. Those were just the first generation of Robomuze technology, which is sweeping the music industry. By the second generation, a highly sophisticated computer algorithm was composing hit after hit, and robots were performing them. We just plug in a few variables like current fads and slang terms, and out come songs!

MORE

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

wierd. :?

Comment

• hypoluxxa
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Re:: POPULAR MUSIC TO BE MADE BY ROBOTS

Freaky.

Comment

• master of puppets
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

When they going to conquer the world ..........
        DIODE NOISE GENERATOR

slsk: bass_warrior

Comment

• TomTom
          Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
          • May 2002

I always knew the songs from NSync or Tittney Spears can not be created by humans.

Comment

• Jibgolly
            Vortexuralizor
            • Jun 2004

tittney spears.... jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja

Comment

• PAG
              Getting warmed up
              • Jun 2004

Music has been made by robots for years hasn't it.

Comment

• refine
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jul 2004

ive had my suspicions about luke chable being a robot for some time. maybe its true?
                can i get a rewind?

Comment

• Kobe
                  I wish I had an interesting User title
                  • Jun 2004

I hear Sasha is half robot on his mum's side....
                  Beats are my crack.

Comment

• peloquin
                    Till I Come!
                    • Jun 2004

very strange read

Comment

• evangelion
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

I thought all of it already was.

Comment

• tiddles
                        Encryption, Jr.
                        • Jun 2004

Code:
                        In the Future There Will
                                be Robots is not a funny piece. It deals with the most important issues
                                in the world today, love, pain, suffering, skin tight pants and well
                                stretched groin muscles. But see music has no name Amy, it's about
                                depth and texture and the sense of community that emerges from the
                                struggle going on within all of us. Between man and machine, between
                                the angel and the beast. It's as if Petrushka and Leonard Bernstein
                                were in a ferocious dance competition with switch blades. That is
                                passion my dear.
                        If I were opening this with the orchestra
                                philharmonic de halap in Mexico, there would be riots in the streets
                                with small children giving me flowers and weeping. Here in Vice City
                                they wouldn't know art unless it came as a tube of beef jerkey. They
                                told me, Claude, it can't be done. Vice City is for sun worshipers and
                                philistines. And I told them no, I told them, if I'm directing a work
                                of commercial dross down there. I must save my soul with some serious
                                art. But to be honest Amy, they were right. I feel ahead of my time.
                                The best artists are ignored. I mean, surely, any right minded person
                                would rather spend an evening watching me express the meaning of
                                space. As they move delicately across the stage in the dance of desire
                                and denigration. Than flopping around in a disco or a nightclub or
                                sucking the electric teat of television.

Comment

Working...