• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ikenator
    Getting warmed up
    • Jul 2005

Re: Thirsty? Have a Coke

Originally posted by hambino21
    you mean it eats corrosion on battery terminals.
    yall know what I meant... this state has made me a tad bit dumber than I was before... plus I was kind of a little trippy this morning from whatever pain medication they're feeding me now, was making random posts. I apologize...

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

Originally posted by RiseandShine
      * In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don?t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
      Its now upto 15 teaspoons of sugar mate......

Originally posted by AndyH
      The fact that it will totally clean a filthy coin just by leaving it in the glass is enough to put me off. Also, when I was in Asia a local way to sort out an upset stomach was to drink coke, to kill the bacteria!!!!
      Yes, thats why its dangerous to give it to children under the age of 12. I've heard stories back home how excessive intake of Coke can severely hamper bone development in young adults/children.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

nothing beats the sweet nectar of Dr Pepper!
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• KinKyJ
          Platinum Poser
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
          I've heard stories back home how excessive intake of Coke can severely hamper bone development in young adults/children.
          not to mention dick development

Comment

• day_for_night
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by RiseandShine
            * 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
            whoever wrote this is more interested in scaring you than the facts, cause this is the most rediculous thing i've ever heard. cocacola and heroin having the same affects on your brain!? heroin binds to opiod receptors (mu, kappa, and delta) causing pain relieft, along with dopamine release. heroin and other opiates and far, FAR more addictive than softdrinks. to imply otherwise is sensationalism at its worst.

Originally posted by AndyH
            Also, when I was in Asia a local way to sort out an upset stomach was to drink coke, to kill the bacteria!!!!
            thats completely untrue. coke will not kill bacteria. its just the carbonation aiding an upset stomach in the same manner an alkaseltzer tablet might.

Comment

• ubiqe
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
              Its now upto 15 teaspoons of sugar mate......
              Really? Recently I checked that 100ml of coke has approximately the same amount of kcal as the same quantity of apple juice. Somehow nobody talks about 15 teaspoons of sugar there. It's not the sugar in one glass of coke that will make you fat. It's a myth. The problem is that usually people don't stop at 1 glass but buy a 1,5 bottle. Same thing is involved in the beer belly effect 100ml of beer is about 50 kcal = 100 ml of juice = 100ml of coke. But while 100-200ml of juice seems enough, even 300ml of beer is less than not enough

Btw, I hate coke. I don't get how people might drink it. It's so damn sweet.

Comment

• day_for_night
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ubiqe
                Really? Recently I checked that 100ml of coke has approximately the same amount of kcal as the same quantity of apple juice. Somehow nobody talks about 15 teaspoons of sugar there. It's not the sugar in one glass of coke that will make you fat. It's a myth. The problem is that usually people don't stop at 1 glass but buy a 1,5 bottle. Same thing is involved in the beer belly effect 100ml of beer is about 50 kcal = 100 ml of juice = 100ml of coke. But while 100-200ml of juice seems enough, even 300ml of beer is less than not enough

Btw, I hate coke. I don't get how people might drink it. It's so damn sweet.

you also need to look at the type of sugar in drinks. processed sugar (sucrose) is much worse for you than natural sugars like fructose, which are found in fruit juices like orange or apple. processed sugar is the reason soft drinks act so fast. its absorbed and hits the blood stream very quickly. fructose requires a longer period of time to be broken down by the body and so doesn't 'hit you all at once', as it were, but provides a moderate amount of sugar over a longer period of time.

Comment

• hulkhuss
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

what about red bull?
                  http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• day_for_night
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hulkhuss
                    what about red bull?
                    umm, its bad for you, mmmkay?

Comment

• hulkhuss
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
                      umm, its bad for you, mmmkay?

yeah but how bad??
                      http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• demonAfro
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Also, cola beverages are shown to increase women's already high susceptibility to osteoporosis.

Comment

• toasty
                          Sir Toastiness
                          • Jun 2004

I drink diet coke. Am I still screwed?

Comment

• day_for_night
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

^
                            |
                            depends if you think aspritame causes cancer or not...

Comment

• day_for_night
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hulkhuss
                              yeah but how bad??

well, its got a crapload of artificial sugar, just like coke. and about 3x as much caffine (as much as a cup of coffee). there have also been reports about it being bad for your heart. taurine is another ingreedient that might be harmful in larger quantities...

drinking more than 1 or two a day is definitely not advisable.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                                • Jun 2004

Drinking 1 or 2 a day is definately not advisable!

It amazes me how many times I go over to someone's house, and instead of a nice jug of water or fruit juice in their fridge, they have 2 litre bottles of coke, and more lined up and waiting!

Growing up in my household, that shit only came out on birthdays and at other events such as Xmas.

A glass of cold water is 10x more refreshing and doesn't have salts in it making you need more half an hour later.

Again, the responisibility lies on the people who drink it, not on the people who sell it. Don't keep it in your fridge to drink everytime you get thirsty ffs!
                                "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

Working...