Feb 9th, 2007 - Three (Hallucination Limited, Crosstown Rebels)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Feb 9th, 2007 - Three (Hallucination Limited, Crosstown Rebels)

Friday, February 9th, 2007
    Eccentric Beats & Foundation Present:
    Three (Hallucination Limited, Crosstown Rebels)

If you've ever heard a DJ Three set, chances are you haven't been exposed to anything else like it. Aside from his natural ability on the decks, Three sets himself apart from the rest of the pack by presenting eclectic sounds with an open-minded attitude towards everything he does. Keeping true to his underground roots while thinking ahead, Three is incredibly focused on putting it all together with elements of both the new school and old school.

Armed with a sound that borrows equally from vintage acid-house, techno and underground electronica, his label Hallucination Limited has fast become a celebrated underground label in the world of electronic music.

Three has just made available some of the best tracks the label has to offer, expertly mixed by Three himself with HALLUCIENDA… the first-ever 'official' Three mixed CD. Hallucienda captures the genre-bending diversity of both his DJ sets and the output on his Hallucination Limited label.

His current remix of Mish Mash feat. Lois - 'Speechless' (Three's Lost in Translation mix) on UK label Crosstown Rebels is getting across the board praise. Other productions under Second-Hand Satellites (Multiple Mirrors EP) and Three A.M. (remix of U.N.K.L.E. feat. Ian Brown 'Reign') have been staples for DJ's of all styles.

Coming off recent Summer 2006 dates at Fabric, Stink @ DC-10 and his Robots and Love residencies in NYC…DJ Three makes his first headlining performance in Minneapolis.

Opening the night will be Moksha (Eccentric Beats).

Cover: $5
    Doors: 10 PM

Foundation
    10 S 5th St
    Minneapolis, MN 55402

For almost 20 years Crosstown Rebels has forged a path as one of the world’s leading electronic music labels.

金年会|金字招牌成立于1997年2月,总部位于香港, 并在深圳、北京、上海、南京、西安、成都等城市设立了分公司或办事处。多年来,凭借优秀、专业的团队努力耕耘, 金年会电子已在国内优质供应商名列中占据重要的一席,代理的产品线有 Anlogic、Lyontek、Lapis、Levetop、FMD等。金年会人尽心尽力为客户提供多元化服务, 主要的市场应用有:LED控制卡、T-CON、宽带载波通讯模块、雷达设备、伺服控制、自动化系统、金融设备、电力设备、医疗设备、安防监控、人工智能等领域。 公司经营理念:以服务为基础,以诚信为保障,以质量为生命,以科技求发展!金年会电子是您值得信赖的合作伙伴。

Last edited by phil; December 25, 2006, 03:08:54 AM.
    Providing Aural Satisfaction
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Re: Feb 9th, 2007 - Three (Hallucination Limited, Crosstown Rebels)

hope you guys have an afterparty location secured. he'll play til 7pm or beyond, the next day.

Comment

• phil
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
      hope you guys have an afterparty location secured. he'll play til 7pm or beyond, the next day.
      There's a few warehouses we use around town that will be available... I love DJ's that go well past sunrise

Comment

• phil
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Some More Info On Three:

Inside the World of Afterhours Parties

Three - DJ Times Article

“Chris is a whale in a sea of sharks, an endangered species in this game. Three’s the real deal.”
        – DJ Garth

“I’ve always enjoy DJing with Three. He is definitely one of the better American DJs in my eyes, forever pushing the musical boundaries, but always managing to fit everything
        into place with his unique and fluid style.”
        – Terry Francis

“The scene in Florida was very influential when I first started coming over to the U.S. and Three was the key figure down there in Tampa. His impact on Hallucination’s sound was an inspirational one to myself, John [Digweed], and a lot of other British DJs coming up over the years. He stood his ground as a DJ and a producer, always having a strong musical identity and principles—which I think is why he has earned so much respect from clubbers, DJs and industry and one of the main reasons I like to play with him.”
        – Sasha

“Three has taught me two things: 1) Use care DJing while you’re drunk; 2) Always watch your back when DJing.”
        – Josh Wink

“As one of the most forward-thinking and talented American DJs, Three is ready to take on the world. I’m very happy that our friendship extends to legendary afterhour sessions and production work for Crosstown Rebels. Three is the magic number!”
        – Damian Lazarus

Mish Mash “Speechless” (Three’s Lost In Translation Mix) (Crosstown Rebels)

5 out of 5
        Three has always ben somewhat of a legend in my book. He is one of only three DJ’s to have ever truly inspired me, his incredible remix of Rabbit-In-The-Moon’s “Outer Body Experience” is one of my Top 10 records of all-time and his Hallucination Limited record label releases only first rate, high quality music. So it is no surprise that Three’s remix of this Mish Mash track is a cut above the rest. The trippy atmospherics and cool synth riffs give it a wicked techy edge, but the snarling bass brings real attitude. The breakdown of this track is the real highlight as Three introduces some crazy sounds rocking the track out with an excellent breakbeat before kicking the main drums back in. This track has everything I want from a piece of music and I just wish every track I heard was as strong as this. Much respect to the man like Three. (JL)

DJ MAGAZINE - 15 YEAR ANNIVERSARY ISSUE - 2006

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

spot on about the afterhours stuff. having three locally here i've been exposed to a couple of his extended afterhours sets. heck, the other week he played til 6 or 7 at night (from the previous night) and i stood and listened the whole time. afterparties are where its at, no doubt!

Comment

• andynewland
            Gold Gabber
            • Jul 2004

chris rocks

Comment

• phil
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Click The Banner For More Info & To RSVP

Comment

• phil
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Someone Else (Live) will be playing in the Deep Lounge of Foundation on the same night. You now get two headlining acts for $5! What a hell of a deal.

someone else is philadelphia's sean o'neal, co-founder of the tuning spork and fuzzy box record labels. o'neal's production skills are garnering respect among internationally renowned djs and labels alike, as reflected by his releases and remixes on musik krause, tuning spork, foundsound, mo's ferry, microcosm, nummer and many others. a stalwart of philadephia's deep house, minimal techno and experimental communities, o'neal also co-organized various events, hosting performances by magda, matthew dear, sammy dee, geoff white, jeff milligan, dan bell, dinky, and many others. his current occupations focus on running foundsound and unfoundsound records.

he comes from a musical family. his grandfather was a high school music teacher and also played bass with bill hailey and the comets. his father was also in various rock bands throughout the '50s and '60s.

since 1994, o'neal has been the force behind his ever-evolving, kitsch-driven electro-pop outfit, flowchart -- releasing dozens and dozens of albums, singles, eps and comp tracks on different labels from all over the world.

he holds several dj-residencies in philly and continues to spin and play live all around the country and world -- such as russia, argentina, chile, uruguay, spain, england, switzerland, germany, france, italy, slovakia, canada, and most major american cities.

when he's not making music or touring around the world, he writes part-time as a journalist for various music magazines and newspapers.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                  Vortexuralizor
                  • Jun 2004

thats rad! i heard some of his remixes recently. definitely good shit!

/jealous

Comment

Working...