• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

Re: I despearately MISS this sound of Digweed

Originally posted by miketpoto
    when will you fucking people learn what real electro is and stop calling stuff you don't like by that name... jesus...
    I almost mentioned something about this...

I still like listening to some of that old stuff, but I got tired of most progressive even before Digweed switched a lot of things up. It's about the beats and the rhythms...the beats are a central part of what got me into this and keep me interested in this music. And I found more of interest in that realm in minimal.
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• asdf_admin
      i use to be important
      • Jun 2004

i am thankful he does not play the same stuff. first i would be burned out by now, and also it is nice to relfect on the younger years of Digweed. I would hate to have the same constant sound from a dj. what a boring thing to even ask for.
      dead, yet alive.

Comment

• qwerty2222
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

i still like the sound of digweed, this year's essentialmix, and the live sets he broadcasted on kiss were great
        plus, i still manage to find good tunes in digweed kiss100 shows, so it's all good
        many djs chance, sasha isnt the same he was 5 years ago, james holden, carl cox,yunus these are just the few i folow for some years and now, they sound different from what i used to hear from them
        i think it's because the electro, minimal thing that evolved verry much these years
        defenetely, this year was the minimal year just like the previous was electro
        i thing 2007 will be about house, just a lucky guess

Comment

• hulkhuss
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

like him or hate him at least we can all agree it's all about the hair!

http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• Dzone
            Platinum Poster
            • Jul 2004

For me the best digweed set/sound ever was his EM in 2002 @ Bedrock Bday party @ heaven, i was there that nite and both the nite & EM are Top class.
            However i do still like 80% of Digweed live sets that i've heard in the last 2 years.
            ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• chuckc
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hulkhuss
              i thought that was the proper term electro = garbage
              ^^^^^actually its minimal=electro=garbage

Comment

• Hg_addict
                Addiction started
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by hulkhuss
                like him or hate him at least we can all agree it's all about the hair!

Yep, its not "minimal" thats for sure!

Comment

• Jayson
                  Addiction started
                  • Nov 2004

Why are you guys trying to pigeon hole the poor guy! He's a DJ, a working DJ at that! he gets paid to rock out and do what he does best.

Regardless of what 'genre' he's playing, he's still bringing the same groove and mood to every set he does.

AND, if you are so hooked on 'one' sound, then you shouldn't be blaming a DJ for changing what he plays. These guys are about moving forward and playing new tunes, not about looking to the past and doing something they've done before.

FFS! If he was still playing the same records he did 5,6,7 years ago he would have hung himself by now I'm sure.

There are two types of people in club land, those who follow the DJ and those who are close minded and only limit themselves to one genre.

Cheers!
                  Piss off you phucking wanksters!

Comment

• Mak0
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Jayson
                    Why are you guys trying to pigeon hole the poor guy! He's a DJ, a working DJ at that! he gets paid to rock out and do what he does best.

Regardless of what 'genre' he's playing, he's still bringing the same groove and mood to every set he does.

AND, if you are so hooked on 'one' sound, then you shouldn't be blaming a DJ for changing what he plays. These guys are about moving forward and playing new tunes, not about looking to the past and doing something they've done before.

FFS! If he was still playing the same records he did 5,6,7 years ago he would have hung himself by now I'm sure.

There are two types of people in club land, those who follow the DJ and those who are close minded and only limit themselves to one genre.

Cheers!
                    Unless it's trance of course. lol jk

But true on that. I prefer innovation over artistic stagnancy, just as long as his sets keep on rocking out, the man had and still has my respect.

Comment

• lilsensa
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by red1
                      man i shouldnt b in this thread

i,ve never been able to get into digweeds sound for some reason
                      never???
                      RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• funkykarma
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jan 2006

Salome and Ives - Mystic Roya [Bedrock]
                        Paco & The Julia Set - Deep Wire [Kailash]
                        Moongroove - Deuce (Maras Chooicide Remix)
                        Amani vs Teapot - Calling On My Roots
                        Lexicon Avenue - From Dusk til Dawn (Sander Kleinenberg Audio Paranoid Remix) [Forensic]
                        Unknown
                        Brother Brown Featuring Boy George - Generations of Love (Dub Mix) [Rulin]
                        Revolt - Relax (Lemon 8 Remix)

Personally think that Digs still rocks it (Transitions case in point), no doubt that his dark, deep, vortex style between 99-03 was simply killer (Hong Kong, Live @ Red Box, Delta Heavy, Eastern Exposures, MMII etc) but I think it's only natural to change it around a bit...for example if you were to hear his Journey's by DJ or EM's from early 90's you'd find it hard to believe it was actually him...

Comment

• hulkhuss
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by funkykarma
                          Salome and Ives - Mystic Roya [Bedrock]
                          Paco & The Julia Set - Deep Wire [Kailash]
                          Moongroove - Deuce (Maras Chooicide Remix)
                          Amani vs Teapot - Calling On My Roots
                          Lexicon Avenue - From Dusk til Dawn (Sander Kleinenberg Audio Paranoid Remix) [Forensic]
                          Unknown
                          Brother Brown Featuring Boy George - Generations of Love (Dub Mix) [Rulin]
                          Revolt - Relax (Lemon 8 Remix)

Personally think that Digs still rocks it (Transitions case in point), no doubt that his dark, deep, vortex style between 99-03 was simply killer (Hong Kong, Live @ Red Box, Delta Heavy, Eastern Exposures, MMII etc) but I think it's only natural to change it around a bit...for example if you were to hear his Journey's by DJ or EM's from early 90's you'd find it hard to believe it was actually him...
                          You read my mind with the T/L thanks
                          I love this classic diggers!
                          I guess I prefer to be stuck in the vortex!!
                          http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• fumanchu182
                            Angantyr The Ruthless
                            • Jun 2004

Digweed is still on form, his weekly radio show is nothing compared to his live sets. Live > radio. But still, stop calling his minimal tech sets electro, pisses me off to high hell. That is like calling breaks, freestyle which is friggin ludacris.

POINT OF THE MATTER IS THAT DIGWEED IS ON POINT, I LOVE THE PROGRESSION OF HIS MUSIC, AND IF YOU DISAGREE I BET YOU ARE A GUIDO ON e....
                            The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• simonr
                              Transitionator
                              • Jun 2004

The drab and uninspiring Transitions shows are at odds with his live sets in Ibiza 2005 and 2006. Space was a complete 3-hour audio journey and the highlight of 2006 for me.
                              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Localizer
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jul 2004

he's not gonna blow his ammo on the radio show. the radio show is to showcase varieties of producers, in case you elitists haven't noticed.
                                Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                                -Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...