X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michaelbirney
    Getting warmed up
    • Aug 2004

Party Pictures - Sasha, Digweed, Hernan Cattaneo

Hey everyone, thought you all would enjoy a few pictures from my recent trips to New York and Chicago. Enjoy!!

Digweed @ Sound Bar, Chicago

Sasha @ Vision, Chicago

Sasha @ Crobar, NYC

Hernan Cattaneo @ Sound Bar, Chicago

----I have little idea of what I am doing with my digital camera, but a few of these turned out o.k. -let me know what you think? Thanks
    "These are the kind of people who, when they read about the evils of drinking, they give up reading." - Herb Cohen
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

at this point in time- they do not appear to be working ??
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• ubiqe
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Comment

• rewing3
        I really don't care
        • Jun 2004

Great Pictures. Thanks for sharing.
        Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Re:: Party Pictures - Sasha, Digweed, Hernan Cattaneo

Nice pics, they are huge. I liked them all.

Comment

• BureOne
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Nice pics.. too bad there aren't many, but hey, I'll take it! :wink:

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
              Anyone have Styx livesets?
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ubiqe
              http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/album_cat.php?cat_id=5

feck me. A whole other forum I;ve never at. thanks.
              ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• palmer
                Retired or Simply Important
                • Jun 2004

birney those are some nice fucking shots dude

I'm working on trying to get them sorted out here in the forums :wink:
                todayistomorrow
                art direction | design | animation

Comment

• michaelbirney
                  Getting warmed up
                  • Aug 2004

thanks palmer, you might have to coach me on how to get them up on these pages instead of through the link-------thanks for your help!!
                  "These are the kind of people who, when they read about the evils of drinking, they give up reading." - Herb Cohen

Comment

• chato
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jun 2004

Nice photos there... good quality also
                    ...enjoy every single second

Comment

• Digital Junkie
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jun 2004

nice pics...very clear...thanks for sharing

Comment

• TomTom
                        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                        • May 2002

Originally posted by michaelbirney
                        thanks palmer, you might have to coach me on how to get them up on these pages instead of through the link-------thanks for your help!!
                        //starts preaching

Sorry, but that?s not the reason we installed the album section as an own category on [ms]. If you wanna give people a headsup about the new photos you added, just copy a link to the section your pics are stored in: http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...t.php?cat_id=5 and people can browse the entire section. It?s not possible to check for the properties of the pics and copy the link because they are embedded in the album section. The reason we have an album section and let people use our bandwith to host them is that pics stay longer available. Most of the pictures people are hosting on their own become dead links when they take them down or the posting falls into oblivion and so do the pics. In our gallerys they are stored for eternity (or as long as we don't fuck them up ). The more people are getting used to the new addtions on this site like the album section, the less you have to worry that not enough people watch them. So upload your coolest pics and just give a headsup...reactions will come anyway.

If this is not satisfying for you, upload them using a hosting company or webspace from your ISP and then you can post the image link directly here in a topic. :wink:

//ends preaching

Comment

• michaelbirney
                          Getting warmed up
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
                          //starts preaching

Sorry, but that?s not the reason we installed the album section as an own category on [ms]. If you wanna give people a headsup about the new photos you added, just copy a link to the section your pics are stored in: http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...t.php?cat_id=5 and people can browse the entire section. It?s not possible to check for the properties of the pics and copy the link because they are embedded in the album section. The reason we have an album section and let people use our bandwith to host them is that pics stay longer available. Most of the pictures people are hosting on their own become dead links when they take them down or the posting falls into oblivion and so do the pics. In our gallerys they are stored for eternity (or as long as we don't fuck them up ). The more people are getting used to the new addtions on this site like the album section, the less you have to worry that not enough people watch them. So upload your coolest pics and just give a headsup...reactions will come anyway.

If this is not satisfying for you, upload them using a hosting company or webspace from your ISP and then you can post the image link directly here in a topic. :wink:

//ends preaching
                          Hey, thanks for explaining. I appreciate the info!!

Comment

• ubiqe
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
                            //starts preaching

//ends preaching
                            Just one thing - it could be useful to make it possible for users to create sub-albums, eg. for different events. This way it would easier to browse the pics, especially if the section becomes popular.

Comment

• TomTom
                              Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                              • May 2002

We know...that?s why it says "Upload your memorable snappies from the best club nights you were at!! PM an admin to create a personal album for you with the name of the DJ, the venue, location and the date of the event...." on the bottom of this page...if you have severaly pics, ask E or me and we give you your own album section which everybody can visit...we try to be as interactive as possible and we live and get better through the input of our members so don't be shy. :wink:

Comment

Working...