• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BureOne
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

so who's taken adv of Tower Records?

This is all I was able to get:

Soel - Memento (ludovic Navarre aka St. Germain production)
    Phil K ~ presents: Y4K
    Another Late Night - Groove Armada
    Steve Gerrard - Thinking Out Loud 01
    Anthony Pappa - Balance CD
    Massive Attack - Blue Lines or the first album I think
    Steve Lawler - GU Nubreed 003

about $50 bucks for 10 cds. Not bad. So no more cd's huh, I guess only place to keep on purchasing cd's will be online and some stores like "sam goody" ?

• unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: so who's taken adv of Tower Records?

tower records? they shut down there store in glasgow years ago and havnt heard from it since

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

i havent seen one for a while either. sam goody is going to go the same route if they keep having a shit selection and charging 16$ for a cd.

a place called warehouse music by my place had a going out of business sale a couple of years ago for 50% off the sitcker, and everything was already marked down to about 6.99$ a cd. i bought like 100 cd's that day

Comment

• BureOne
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

really? Damn, well they starting posting up signes of "going outta business" some time this fall here in Calif, US. Not sure if its all of them, but everthing now is about 70% off.

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

^^are you talking about warehouse music also? i dont know who owns that company or how big it is, i hadn't really heard of it except for the one store by my house, but i was sure it was a chain. i could see the signs though, overpriced and not all that great. it was nice in that it was about 10x bigger than the typical shit tower records store in the mall. that is why i scored tons of stuff from all genres that day. the stuff i wanted but didnt want to pay full price for, that is why i had a stack of stuff like mad when i checked out, i was happy.....

Comment

• BureOne
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
            ^^are you talking about warehouse music also? i dont know who owns that company or how big it is, i hadn't really heard of it except for the one store by my house, but i was sure it was a chain. i could see the signs though, overpriced and not all that great. it was nice in that it was about 10x bigger than the typical shit tower records store in the mall. that is why i scored tons of stuff from all genres that day. the stuff i wanted but didnt want to pay full price for, that is why i had a stack of stuff like mad when i checked out, i was happy.....
            Warehouse Music has been "deleted" here in California. They went out of business like 14 years ago...or more.

Tower Records is the last real cd chain here and now they're going down. I went to Tower when things were about 40% off but all the good stuff was gone, I mean all, no Digweed, Sasha, DeepDish, GU series.. nothing!... I should have checked for more "less popular" stuff. But Im happy with what I was able to grab.

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Kinda sad that Tower closed down in Singapore as well. I remember buying most of my GU box sets from there, and Tower Books rocked.

HMV is still hanging on here, but they've downsized.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...