• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kat
    A pretty fn good milkshake
    • Mar 2006

Morgen!
    ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

• Kat
    • Mar 2006

Re: 1k

This is my 1000th post and it is the reason for opening my own thread about it ... I guess

I'm not really in the mood for making some big statement or whatever but I do have an interesting story that happened in the last 2 months. I'm not going to talk about it but I'll ask you this:

How does your life progress? How does it follow your plans? Are you getting closer to your dreams or did your life go in a different direction?
    Mine goes like this: its been like this since I was 18; it turns in some direction and it stays like that for a year or 1,5 yrs the most and than changes dramatically ? everything in life changes and then it goes on for a year or so than changes into sth completely different. Usualy it reflects the work I do and the people I see everyday but the story is sooo much different every time and every time its a whole lot better story which is GOOOOD but I started wondering about engaging some stability ... just wondering ... actualy I'm not going to force sth I clearly dont need!!
    And (sorry Jan) I've decided to stay single for a while more ? I like being in love and all that but my lifestyle just doesnt go along. I am being selfish but it feels right. I have yet to reach all my goals and nothing is stopping me! There is one constant in all this and its my vision of my future life that is geting closer and more real every year passing!

So how is your life turning out for you?

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• Mr.Big
      Platinum Poster
      • Nov 2004

To be honest i think since 18 ive achieved nothing in terms of success or career status and without bringing the thread down you can only hope things will get better. Its been 8years of wasted college years and bullshit jobs for me. The only thing ill say is ive met some cool people along the way and have had some crap hangovers. I look forward to leaving home for a while and taking a trip around the world, i suppose thats one good thing.
      www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
      Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
        Editor Shmeditor
        • Nov 2006

Have been putting off starting a career by wasting time travelling, going to uni, travelling some more for a few years and had a bit of a bleak period starting a crap job in London recently. All good now though...gonna work my ass off to forge a career for myself in music and stop living entirely for the weekend, as it's not a healthy way to exist. Say NO!!! to shite jobs. Say YES!!!! to having an enjoyable, busy, unpredictable life.
        Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Intense 1k moment!

Nothing too dramatic or life-altering on a regular basis the way you described yours. Things are sort of coming together in the past 3 years. I think I'm on the right track. I seem to be slowly getting where I want to be (career and geographically), but at the same time, my personal life has just gotten completely fucked over and fallen into shambles over the past year, leading to a lot of excess which I can't or don't want to control, hard to tell. Who'd have thought I'd be saying this at 30? Growing up, you always thought the adults were stable and stolid.

Migrating to another country next year (that's the plan anyway) which is going to be pretty dramatic and life-altering (not to mention scaring the hell out of me). But that's also part of the plan.

So all up, some dreams are getting closer, some aren't. Ups and downs, gotta accept them all. I'll share something cheesy: I went through some crazy bad shit in the past, and I experienced some really crazy happy times. And throughout the good and the bad, the music has always been a constant companion.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
            Editor Shmeditor
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by feather
            Intense 1k moment! And throughout the good and the bad, the music has always been a constant companion.
            Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• KinKyJ
              Platinum Poser
              • Jun 2004

Awww sorry to hear you ditched him K

On topic: I always wanted to be a journalist and worked a few years as one, but I ended up in occupational heatlh and safety. Not really what I expected. Finding the love of my life on holiday in Turkey, yet another thing.

The more you plan, the more boring life gets imo.

Comment

• Kat
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by KinKyJ
                Awww sorry to hear you ditched him K

The more you plan, the more boring life gets imo.
                The more you plan closer you are to reaching your goals!!!

and about the guy - I still like him a lot and I'm really pleased we'll be working together on a long term so I made a friend for llife I believe, hope so (sex may be an option ) Damn that was a wild experience - loved it!

Comment

• threehills
                  I heart Lollergirl
                  • Jun 2005

Good thousandth!

A few years back, I was at a crossroads of where my life was heading. I could choose the easy path, have a great job, make enough money to live on, not too many stressors in the day. But thanks to being a total fuckup in college, I realize now that a life free of stress and responsibility is not always the best thing. Challening yourself and working hard towards a goal can be a great reward in itself. So... thats what I choose to do, to find what where pushing myself could get me. Thanks in part to my wife kicking my ass as well, I'll be starting medical school in the fall. I can't wait. I've never felt so excited about where my life is taking me.
                  It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

To the extent that I've finished school, am practicing law, and am happily married, things are going the way I expected, in a broad sense. I'm not doing exactly what I thought I'd be doing, and I'm not doing it where I thought I'd be doing it though, and there have definitely been enough twists and turns along the way that it's been a fun adventure.

The way I look at it, there's a difference between planning and having goals -- I didn't map out my route from point A to point B, I've just said, "OK, I'm going to point myself towards B and head in that direction, but I'll work out the details as needed." Maybe as I'm heading towards point B, I'll discover that point C is where I really ought to be. Having a strict plan is a great way to accomplish your goals, don't get me wrong, but sometimes being too rigid can prevent you from seeing better opportunities when they arise. Sounds like you're in tune with that...

Good luck as this next chapter of your life unfolds -- it's all good in the end!

Comment

• thesightless
                      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                      • Jun 2004

im happy now, but it took awhile. i after leaving UMASS, i kept the drug problem i developed there for another 2 years while studying for my master's in US taxation. but i bucked down, killed my hard drug habit, and got good grades. i proceeded to hand around the house for awhile b4 getting out. i like to think i have a great job, i have fun doing it and make great money. cant complain there. i have made some great friends through work, and even here, as i can say ben and poto are nothing short of great people i have fun hanging around with and hold respect for. outside of the 9to 5 , i have become involved with a group of investors who like me and allow me freedom in overseeing some of thier business actvities and they treat me well. we now have 3 clubs open, and 2 more coming in atlantic city and biloxi. i love my family, lost some, but try to remember everyone dies and i keep the good memories close. the only complaint, and it is really my own fault, is the lack of a decent long term relationship since Yara, but it only bothers me sometimes. im never really motivated to date as most of the women here are superficial idiots who think american idol makes people like jim morrison and david gilmour. i just tend to find them all too much in the MTV generation. (no independent thinking).
                      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• rainman
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Dec 2005

ahhh, the seasons of life. i'm only 30, but feel like i am wiser beyond my years. started with everything i could possibly want, then was made to learn to work for it, then learned how to make other people work for what i want, then threw it all away for a girl, then threw away the girl to get everything i want again, then threw everything away and had start from ground zero. eventually got back on my feet, got back my girl, got back my life - gained friends, respect, children, clout and business hook ups. there are always ups and downs in life, just keep moving and try to learn everything you can. if you fail to plan - plan to fail

Comment

• threehills
                          I heart Lollergirl
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by rainman
                          ahhh, the seasons of life. i'm only 30, but feel like i am wiser beyond my years. started with everything i could possibly want, then was made to learn to work for it, then learned how to make other people work for what i want, then threw it all away for a girl, then threw away the girl to get everything i want again, then threw everything away and had start from ground zero. eventually got back on my feet, got back my girl, got back my life - gained friends, respect, children, clout and business hook ups. there are always ups and downs in life, just keep moving and try to learn everything you can. if you fail to plan - plan to fail
                          That was good, sounded like a dennis leary rant or something.
                          It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• FM
                            Wooooooo!
                            • Jun 2004

Things are frustrating, but I'm trying solutions to get out of my present predicament.

Now I'm not dirt poor or anything, but do struggle from time to time. After leaving UMASS, I tried to do the radio biz around here but it didn't work out needless to say. In fact, after the several different jobs I've held, I find that having a job unless you really really enjoy what you do sucks...mainly because of the pure incompetence of managers I've had to put up with over the years. I've also realized that the job market where I'm at isn't too hot either if you want something good. And I went this route because my original plan of CompSci failed, and it left me with little time left and something I had to choose for a major...bleh...but that's well in the past now.

I definitely enjoy what I do now, but I'm on the flipside that it pays for shit...and after my last attempt of making money that didn't work out too well (lost some, not a lot, but some), I've strangely settled on daytrading on the markets...what's kind of weird is that this whole part fell into place one piece after another, and the trader I hooked up with is highly legit, so I do feel rather encouraged that I might finally be on the right road...if so, the struggles will have been worth it at times. We shall see as I begin my live trading after the holidays (which figures that I have to fill in during the daytime next week...arrgh).

I do feel fortunate though that college did teach me the beginnings of how to think analytically, communicate well, and question things...otherwise I'd be some dumbass lemming that just follows the crowd regardless if it's good or bad...tack on the music and spinning and that's the type of stuff that keeps me happy and still ticking OK.
                            FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                            "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                            Facebook!
                            A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• Kat
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mr.Big
                              To be honest i think since 18 ive achieved nothing in terms of success or career status and without bringing the thread down you can only hope things will get better. Its been 8years of wasted college years and bullshit jobs for me. The only thing ill say is ive met some cool people along the way and have had some crap hangovers. I look forward to leaving home for a while and taking a trip around the world, i suppose thats one good thing.
                              trip around the world sounds like a lot of fun and enormus amount of new things to experience

Comment

Working...