• Jun 2004

Re: I gave blood today

O-

I try to donate as much as I can.
    todayistomorrow
    art direction | design | animation

Comment

• TomTom
      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
      • May 2002

I can't remember how often I gave blood. I also gave blood plasma which is even more annoying and takes longer than giving blood. During studies, I gave blood and blood plasma as often as legally possible lol...well half legally because I gave blood in two different clinics (and both payed 50 bucks for every donation) so it is not that wrong to say that a part of my studies were sponsored from giving blood. I saw so many people passing out or having severe problems while or after giving blood but it never caused a reaction from me...no clue why but I won't ask as it is good how it is. Since a few Years, I give blood twice a Year to the Red Cross without getting something for it because I know it is needed.

Comment

• picklemonkey
        Double hoodie beer monster
        • Jun 2004

i've never received payment for any of the times I do it

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
          Anyone have Styx livesets?
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by peloquin
          interesting. i moved here from there when i was 13... but that was 11 years ago. wonder if they'd take mine.
          nope - I investigated this quite a bit - so even if anyone spent 3 months there (UK) on 2 occasions (or any combo upto 6 months) then they wont take it.

Frustrating.

(i wish I'd kept the emails to provide more details)
          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• peloquin
            Till I Come!
            • Jun 2004

crazy. im completely undesirable bloodwise then - 2 tattoos and from england!

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
              • Jun 2004

it also mean that any yankie who went to study for a year in the UK is also inelligble - all seems rather far fetched.

But it does mean I can trash ALL those blood drive emails without guilt!!
              ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                • Jun 2004

(Looks like 1980-1997)

I walked past an ad trying to find blood donors today. As a frustrated blood donor, it annoyed me. I used to be a vaguely regular blood donor. From the time that I turned 18 (and became eligible) t…

(Aussie version)

Comment

• speciale
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Dec 2005

I received a blood transfusion once when I was misdiagnosed with anemia. That whole night in the emergancy room and the 3 days spent in the hospital haunt me to this day. I was never sick and I still remember the moment when I had to sign a waiver before they pumped someone's blood in me. You would think that someone in this situation even though not sick would be first in line to donate blood, but it gave me the opposite affect. For that incident, I have not been able to donate.
                  Originally posted by Miroslav
                  It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                  No Soup for You

Comment

Working...