Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Digger
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2004

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)

The Fantastic Four learn that they aren't the only super-powered beings in the universe when they square off against the power Silver Surfer and the planet-eating Galactus.
    https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)

Whoa! If this is done properly, it's going to kick the ass of every single superhero movie ever made

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• BSully828
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
      Whoa! If this is done properly, it's going to kick the ass of every single superhero movie ever made
      I think that's been said of every single superhero movie ever made too...

Semi-related question for the other comic book nerds around here - did anyone ever read the Infinity Gauntlet series? It was a four or five issue storyline that Marvel put together ages ago. The plot revolved around this badass glove that Thanatos somehow got and it allowed him to be pretty much invincible. He ended up killing every single good guy in the Marvel universe one at a time - this ringing a bell for anyone?

Always thought that would make a kick ass movie, if done properly of course.
      Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;
      a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Come on, Galactus and Silver Surfer? Which other movie can beat that?

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BSully828
          I think that's been said of every single superhero movie ever made too...

Semi-related question for the other comic book nerds around here - did anyone ever read the Infinity Gauntlet series? It was a four or five issue storyline that Marvel put together ages ago. The plot revolved around this badass glove that Thanatos somehow got and it allowed him to be pretty much invincible. He ended up killing every single good guy in the Marvel universe one at a time - this ringing a bell for anyone?

Always thought that would make a kick ass movie, if done properly of course.

at least i wasnt the only comic book nerd when i was young. thantos never killed everyone. (living tribunal/adam warlock) god....now i feel like ,,,,,,

your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Mr.Big
            Platinum Poster
            • Nov 2004

Well the first Fantastic four was so lame.. I always thought the silver surfer rocked so i hope they dont balls up this movie
            www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
            Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

yeah baby! remember this. It came out back when I was into comics, back when spawn came out and good olde jim lee put his mark on the xmen series.
              too bad everyone rags on rob liefeld because i thought his pens were some of the best shit out there during his youngblood days for image. that stuff was in full force back in the early 90s when i loved comics..

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Mr.Big
                Well the first Fantastic four was so lame.. I always thought the silver surfer rocked so i hope they dont balls up this movie

the movie ended abruptly imo, could have been alot better. i thought the casting wasnt half bad though, too bad the writing could have been better.

jessica alba = perfect
                michael chiklis = the commish = vic mackey = decent casting
                dr doom = julian mcmahon = dr christan troy = pretty boy = good casting

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Jim Lee > Todd McFarlane > Rob Liefeld

Comment

• res0nat0r
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • May 2006

^^i will concede on that point

Comment

• res0nat0r
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • May 2006

i picked up uncanny xmen 248 back in the day which was the first xmen penned by jim lee, it was up to like 50$ back in the day, i wonder how much it is now. i still have it stocked away somewhere w/ all my other old comics.

Comment

• Lorn
                        Looking for a title!
                        • Sep 2004

Will be interesting to see how they do this.

Comment

• tatertwat
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                          too bad everyone rags on rob liefeld because i thought his pens were some of the best shit out there during his youngblood days for image. that stuff was in full force back in the early 90s when i loved comics..
                          LOL! Liefeld couldn't draw his way out of a paper bag. I mean, how many lines can you draw on one page to simulate action? It's the same as crappy Anime. LAZY!

Comment

• tatertwat
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Digger
                            The Fantastic Four learn that they aren't the only super-powered beings in the universe when they square off against the power Silver Surfer and the planet-eating Galactus.
                            Awesome! I always liked Silver Surfer and hoped they would make a movie about him and Galactus. Who would play them?

Comment

• Moe
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Jan 2007

I saw the trailer and it looks like he takes the human torch out into the atmosphere, extinguishes him and lets him fall. In this movie is the surfer the bad guy? Whats the storyline behind his part in the movie. I'd hate to see them cast him as the bad guy and then have the FF beat him. He could take them all at once and destroy them.

Comment

Working...