X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

And the world loses another comedian

So yesterday Niyazov died yesterday of a heart attack. Who? The president of Turkmenistan (the glorious nation who gave us the hit single Gara BMW).

Good riddance because the bastard was listed #8 in the global top 10 of worst dicators. But on the other hand it's a tragedy. The guy was a friggin comedian:

Here is a man who renamed the month of January after himself and April after his mother, banned lip-synching, car radios, ballet, opera and the playing of recorded music at weddings, and shut down all national parks, rural libraries and the Academy of Science. His face appears on all of Turkmenistan's bank notes and on all television broadcasts at all times. He also had his own lines of cologne, tea and vodka (with his picture on each bottle and box, naturally). Niyazov, who called himself

"Turkmenbashi" ("Father of the Turkmen"), ordered doctors to stop taking the Hippocratic Oath and swear allegiance to him instead. He wrote a book, Rukhnama, that is required reading at every level of the educational system. Government employees had to memorize excerpts of Rukhnama verbatim or risk losing their jobs. On March 20, 2006, Niyazov announced on national television that "Anyone who reads the Rukhnama three times will find spiritual wealth, will become more intelligent, will recognize the divine being and will go straight to Heaven."
    The world will miss you Saparmurat Niyazov, you were a sickenly funny man. Rest in pieces...

• jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Re: And the world loses another comedian

never heard of the guy...and i guess i'm glad to have never heard of him.
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• MJ
      Here since 2002
      • Jun 2004

Anyone who reads the Rukhnama three times will find spiritual wealth, will become more intelligent, will recognize the divine being and will go straight to Heaven
      Will it give me the lottery numbers too?
      mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• KinKyJ
        Platinum Poser
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MJ
        Will it give me the lottery numbers too?
        yes. and a new hair cut

Comment

Working...