christmas gifts that mean something. (a sightless sensitive side thread)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

christmas gifts that mean something. (a sightless sensitive side thread)

Well, as some of you may know, my family had a major downer two weeks ago, my grandmother, who is only 8 months out of a complete hip replacement and 84, went into the hospital one night in a ton of pain in her leg, but the hospital couldnt give her an MRI from a pre existing knee replacement from years ago. but quite unfortunetly, we were given the news that she had a stroke. this is my only grandparent left and i lost my pervious two to a heart attack that i was the first person to come across, literally before the ambulance got there, and then a long demetia/alzheimers bout. so it really did nothing but send me dow the tubes upon fiding out. i missed Poto's debut, cancelled my LA trip to hypoluxxa and andy newland and Hos, for digweed, and some other things.

but today, after not seeing her for about 4 days, my grandmother came out for the party, and my family was a wreck, some aunts and my sister were crying early in the day. and then my aunt came, and said my grandmother needed another complete hip replacemnet, more bad news.

so my uncle shows up with my grandmother, and all the other 21 first cousins i have from ages 28-4 were there, and instantly, i saw her face with a huge smile, and the thing that hit me the most is that her speech and attention were back on point, and trust me, she was a tough ass old catholic irish immigrant whose husband died 3 months after her 7th child. yeah, like that. i mean, i learned my cursing and foul behaviour from her. but she spoke, and god, the feeling in the room after about an hour of my grandma annie acting like she hadnt lost a step.... wow. fuck the Ipod, screw the coat and shoes, this comeback from my grandmother was exactly what everyone in our family needed today. she single handidly changed the outlook on the day just by showing up and seeming like she was back in gear. from her wheelchair she was grabbing her kids and pinching them when they would curse, telling jokes, and just being grandma again. i cant express enough how great i feel right now, this was the best gift i could have ever imagined.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Re: christmas gifts that mean something. (a sightless sensitive side thread)

glad to hear it man. sometimes the simplest things in life are the greatest and most memorable.
    give grams a pinch on the keester from cousin jib will ya.

Comment

• TomTom
      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
      • May 2002

Having another Christmas with my Mother was the best gift of all for me as well. My Father died 2 and a half Years ago and my brother is dead since over 3 years now. My Mother is the only root and real family left I have and she still rocks on with her 79 years and can walk, do her daily business and her brain is working 100% still. She made me smile more than once this Christmas and that`s pretty much everything I can ask for and I am really thankful for this non-beatable present.

Comment

• FM
        Wooooooo!
        • Jun 2004

Well done...I sadly had to miss my XMas visit up north in Maine due to schedulings, but my father's mother is still pretty strong these days and is still the matriarch of the entire family, even if she can't walk very well these days (uses a walker) and is somewhat slow overall...but she's still a tough SOB; after all she has 6 kids (him being the only boy) and her husband has long since passed (over 25 years ago)...but getting together is not only for family but to still see her in good shape and being around....sad to day I know she won't be around forever, much less too longer....but still, I'll get to enjoy it hopefully while it lasts.

And she's definitely the type that commands the room too regardless....it's amazing how everyone can shut up and listen to her with respect.
        FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
        "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
        Facebook!
        A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• Lorn
          Looking for a title!
          • Sep 2004

Great to read that Sean. Inspiration from those we love is truly a gift.

Comment

• Hg_addict
            Addiction started
            • Dec 2005

Thats great man. Glad to hear positive things like that.

I kind of know how you feel. My grandmother has dementia and alzheimers and has to live with my parents because someone has to keep watch on her 24/7. Thats some bad stuff.

Comment

• hulkhuss
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
              give grams a pinch on the keester from cousin jib will ya.
              http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• dawnx
                The Donator
                • Jun 2004

Heartwarming stories, that really is what it's all about not I got this and that

Comment

• speciale
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Dec 2005

good stories

now for a good gift from thesightless would be shorter posts.
                  Originally posted by Miroslav
                  It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                  No Soup for You

Comment

Working...