• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SibuOne
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jan 2006

Re: Any entry-level CDJ sugg.s?

Originally posted by BureOne
    ^ so when the hell are you gonna buy your shit man!
    After tax season. Ali East baby! Big momma better be good to me this year.

Comment

• BureOne
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Nice.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

yeah the DJM 400 is a two channel version of the DJM-800 from what I've heard and read about...pretty sweet for us bedroom dj's if you ask me.
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
          Not cool enough
          • Jun 2004

New compact DJM-400 2ch Mixer
          Pioneer Launches the Compact DJM-400 2ch Mixer - with In-Loop Sampler and Digital Beat Effects - that's Big on Performance
          Stoke Poges, January 19th 2006 : Pioneer GB Limited today unveils its new compact 2ch mixer; the DJM-400 . It offers a host of beat effects and an in-loop sampler that offers a new level of flair for creative remixing. Built around the same digital processing technology and high quality components used in Pioneer's DJM-1000, the new unit is a reliable and robust performer with exceptional audio quality.
          ?Pioneer is a recognised innovator in professional DJ products and we've created a high-quality compact 2 channel mixer that's tailored to the demands of DJs mixing in bars and smaller clubs and those mobile artists who demand a reliable, robust and high-quality mixer. The digital beat effects and in-loop sampler combined with the digital circuitry ensure that this compact mixer lacks for nothing in the creativity it provides and the quality of the sound, ' comments Martin Dockree, Sales Manager ? Pioneer Pro DJ
          Although the smallest mixer in Pioneer's range, the DJM-400 packs a wide variety of effects for creative mixing. The effects, that automatically detect the BPM of the music and sync to the beats include: Delay, Echo, Filter, Flanger, Phaser, Robot and Roll, all of which are processed at 24bits for the highest quality sound. In addition, by using the newly-adopted Beat Select Button, the DJM-400 automatically sets the effect time linked to the BPM for more intuitive play and responsive remixing.
          The intelligent 96kHz/24bit sampler automatically detects the tempo of a track during playback, sampling it for four beats, then loops the sample. As the sampled audio is in sync with the beat of the track being played (no matter the tempo) the DJ is given more time to be creative. Samples are automatically beat matched and up to five samples can be stored in memory.
          Each of the DJM-400 's channels has a 3-band Kill EQ which ranges from +9dB to -∞(infinity) for total control of the sound.
          The DJM-400 has been designed with as a perfect partner for the MP3 compatible CDJ-200 both in terms of style and function. When combined, these units create a small, portable yet powerful and robust DJ setup that offers exceptional versatility and performance.
          The DJM-400 has a wide range of features. Some of the additional highlights include:
          • MIC/AUX switch: to select from either two MIC connections or one stereo LINE connection
          • Fader Start: connect a Pioneer CDJ player with a control cable and playback can be started by simply sliding the cross fader or channel fader
          • Cross fader curve adjust: adapts to the DJs mixing style
          • Talk over: automatically attenuates the volume by -20db so an MC can talk over the track
          • Peak Level Meter: Allows you to check the peak level of the input audio for each channel or the master
          The DJM-400 will be available from April '06 and will retail at approximately ?339

If you will kindly notice, the DJM-400 as opposed to the 800 has full infinite kills on each of the eq knobs.
          My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
            never used the zip function as well. Isn't that thing just a heavy flanger to make it sound like an airplane?
            Yes, and it sounds fucking horrible. Unless you're spinning epic trance, there is no place for the freaking flanger. So many people over use effects just because they're there. The only thing i use is the filter on the Allen and Heath, which is really conducive to the kind of music i play.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
              Not cool enough
              • Jun 2004

yeah that filter in the A&H is sweet. Never got to use it much, as I've only spun on an A&H board once.
              My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• kningl
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jun 2004

So I guess the consensus here is for CD noobs like myself, Pioneer 200s good, Numarks bad...
                Vestax has an entry CD product, Stanton has a bunch of them, and I think Denon has a couple, anyone know anything about these?

And whoever put up the posts on electronicscity.com, thanks, I might look into that package deal...

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                  • Jun 2004

Hmm, I'm also a noob looking to get in to it, and now I'm gonna seriously consider the 200s instead of saving all my hard earned cash on something I've never had a serious go of before.

Just one question though, I've never really been able to work out the difference between the CDJ mode and the Vinyl mode.

Vinyl mode is pretty easy to work out - the platter will act exactly the same as a record spinning. Push down and it holds the track there, move it forwards and back to cue it up.

What's the process of handling the track while in CDJ mode? What does pushing down do? What does moving the dial forwards and backwards do?
                  "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• ds
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Aug 2005

DO NOT buy anything other than pioneer decks. everything else is just A WASTE of money. you get what u pay for with pioneers. the 200's are AWESOME for entry level/space saving/beginners

but for the most party pioneer should stick to making CD players, cuz their mixers are SHITE
                    www.undulaterecordings.com - www.soundcloud.com/undulate - www.myspace.com/deepspellnyc

Check out my catalog on BEATPORT

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                      Not cool enough
                      • Jun 2004

i'd say either the 200's or the Denon S1000 which is a really nice little cd player. It has both the jog wheel and pitch bend buttons which are really nice. It also plays MP3 discs too. I've played on the S1000 many times and really dig them.
                      My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• SibuOne
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by kningl
                        So I guess the consensus here is for CD noobs like myself, Pioneer 200s good, Numarks bad...
                        Vestax has an entry CD product, Stanton has a bunch of them, and I think Denon has a couple, anyone know anything about these?

And whoever put up the posts on electronicscity.com, thanks, I might look into that package deal...
                        Don’t mention it son. I personally would get the 800’s, but that’s what I’ve been schooled on so I'm bias to it. It be nice to see what the end result is for you, keep us posted.

Cheers,

Sibu

Comment

• dante_k
                          Addiction started
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
                          never used the zip function as well. Isn't that thing just a heavy flanger to make it sound like an airplane?
                          The zip is a pitch streching function and can accually be really cool if used correctly and in combination with other effects. It is not a flanger. The flanger type effect on the 200 is the jet effect. I'm really getting tiered of people hating on the use of effects within a dj set. #1, I feel as though some dj's do abuse the effects from time to time, (like this one guy that opened for me once. He would not leave the delay alone on the 600 !) BUT... the effects are there for you to enhance your set artfully.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                            Not cool enough
                            • Jun 2004

dude if you think i'm hating, then you're not reading correctly. I use delay effects like crazy in my sets, along with some flanging, but only during some breakdowns in particular tracks.

I'm pro-effects. Just not the overuse of them to where it destroys the feel of the song you are playing.
                            My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by SyntaxTerror
                              Hmm, I'm also a noob looking to get in to it, and now I'm gonna seriously consider the 200s instead of saving all my hard earned cash on something I've never had a serious go of before.

Just one question though, I've never really been able to work out the difference between the CDJ mode and the Vinyl mode.

Vinyl mode is pretty easy to work out - the platter will act exactly the same as a record spinning. Push down and it holds the track there, move it forwards and back to cue it up.

What's the process of handling the track while in CDJ mode? What does pushing down do? What does moving the dial forwards and backwards do?

Can someone help a noob out? How does cueing up tracks happen while in cdj mode?
                              "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• Jibgolly
                                Vortexuralizor
                                • Jun 2004

it's hard to explain with text. i tried typing it out, then read it and said fuck it.

Comment

Working...