• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BureOne
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Any entry-level CDJ sugg.s?

Originally posted by Jibgolly
    it's hard to explain with text. i tried typing it out, then read it and said fuck it.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
      • Jun 2004

it's hard to explain with text. i tried typing it out, then read it and said fuck it.
      Haha thanks man at least you tried. It was still worth the laugh!
      "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• Jenks
        I'm kind of a big deal.
        • Jun 2004

Go to your local pro audio shop and play with a cdj.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
          Not cool enough
          • Jun 2004

I've had that happen too bro.
          Jeffrey Collins: Painter
          My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
          My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• dante_k
            Addiction started
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
            dude if you think i'm hating, then you're not reading correctly. I use delay effects like crazy in my sets, along with some flanging, but only during some breakdowns in particular tracks.

I'm pro-effects. Just not the overuse of them to where it destroys the feel of the song you are playing.
            Sorry Jeff the first part was in responce to what you said the second was in responce to Jenks's comment about effects. My bad.

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

Whatever, I stand by my post, flanger whore.

Comment

• dante_k
                Addiction started
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Jenks
                Whatever, I stand by my post, flanger whore.
                I have to admit...^^That was funny!! Its cool man. Im just saying I am a fan of efx done right, eventhough I dont use them as much as I used to, I enjoy people that do.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                  Not cool enough
                  • Jun 2004

Hey no problem bro. It's all love. Keep twisting those knobs...better to see someone animated behind the decks than not.
                  My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Yao
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

I'm looking to get me a pair of CDJ800MKII's before summer as well...200's are very good, I simply want to retain some of that vinyl feel. Love to use my hands when mixing, tho I wouldn't be opposed to a pair of 200's either.
                    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• dante_k
                      Addiction started
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Yao
                      I'm looking to get me a pair of CDJ800MKII's before summer as well...200's are very good, I simply want to retain some of that vinyl feel. Love to use my hands when mixing, tho I wouldn't be opposed to a pair of 200's either.
                      Yao, in my honest opinion the 200s are much better and I would rather have them than the 800s. My favorite is the 1000s "hands down", but they are too much for my budget at the moment. I played on two 1000s and two 800s lastnight and compared to the 1000s the feel just isnt what you would expect for the $$$. The 200 are worth every penny. They are accuate, have a great looping feature wich is easy to use and have MP3 read. IMHO if you don't go CDJ 1000 don't bother with the 800.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                        Not cool enough
                        • Jun 2004

One thing I have heard about the 1000 is the durability of those things. I'd love to spin on a MK3, but so far have only messed with MK2's.
                        My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Yao
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by dante_k
                          Yao, in my honest opinion the 200s are much better and I would rather have them than the 800s. My favorite is the 1000s "hands down", but they are too much for my budget at the moment. I played on two 1000s and two 800s lastnight and compared to the 1000s the feel just isnt what you would expect for the $$$. The 200 are worth every penny. They are accuate, have a great looping feature wich is easy to use and have MP3 read. IMHO if you don't go CDJ 1000 don't bother with the 800.
                          No shit? Then the only issue here is how badly I want to cling to the vinyl handling, which has been the magic for me in DJ-ing...I'll give this a serious thought bro.
                          Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• SibuOne
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jan 2006

The more that I look at the CMX-3000 the more appealing it becomes. I'm interested in hearing reviews on this. The BPM Sync feature really sounds appealing as well as the handling of the larger wheel, which seems very durable and user friendly perhaps. I understand that for the ones that tend to scratch, the 1000 or 800 seem to perhaps be the better choice. With this being said, this seems to serve the purpose if you can?t both afford the 1000 or if you are just a DJ mixer needing something good and portable. What are your thoughts on this model?

Comment

• pr0ficient
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Apr 2006

I own the CMX-3000 and am very happy with it. It allows a minimum of .05% tempo adjustments (in increments of 6%, 10% 16%, and 100%) which is pretty good...although .02% would be better! The wave display and layout with huge play and cue buttons are also very convenient. It has master-tempo and 3 hot cues per CD, which are great features as well. And the loop functions are very easy to use and for the most part fairly precise.

The jog wheel is spectacular for cuing, beat-matching, and quickly finding a specific spot in the song. However, the scratch function is completely useless for 'real-time' scratching. The beat you are scratching too will quickly slip away if you begin to scratch slightly too fast. If you are looking for a CD player with scratching capabilities get the CDJs. The only purpose I could ever see using the scratch function for would be a spinback, which I am not a fan of anyways.

Also, I would consider the BPM sync to be a completely worthless function as well. I haven’t played around with the function a whole lot, but I can tell you that I can beat match songs a hell of a lot faster than it can, and a whole lot better. I would never ever use this function for anything! Please let me know if anyone has actually used this feature and been satisfied with the results.

Besides the scratch and BPM-sync functions being completely useless, all of the other features are top notch, especially for the price. I have owned mine going on 6 years and have had nothing but positive experience with it.

So, as long as you don't need a CD player with real-time scratching and can sync the BPMs yourself I would highly recommend this player!
                              Last edited by pr0ficient; November 30, 2007, 02:50:44 PM.

Comment

• pr0ficient
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Apr 2006

Just yesterday I began to put some serious thought into selling my cmx-3000. The .05% pitch adjustment just doesn't work for me anymore.

In long mixes, having to continuously bend the pitch or move the platter to create that small adjustment (every 45seconds -> 1:30) for a wandering track is starting to piss me off.

I'm thinking about scrapping these guys on ebay sometime later this month, and then using that money to buy 2 cdj-200s.

I can't stop reading good things about the 200s.

The only real difference between the CMX-3000 and the CDJ-200 is the lack of the scratch features and hot cues, but the addition of .02% adjustment and a few other features (effects, mp3s, etc.)

While I would miss the hot cues I could care less about the scratch feature the .02% pitch adjustment is what I really would love and it would make things so much better!

Comment

Working...