X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

My dog's balls

Question for you dog owners out there. About two months ago, I had my dog, Truman, neutered. He was about 6 months old at the time.

Although it calmed him down for a bit, he has since rekindled his love of leg-humping, and has also begun marking spots around the house (peeing on them), which he hasn't done for quite some time -- he is housebroken, by the way. My dog trainer thought this was odd, since that type of behavior is normally assoicated with dogs that have not been fixed.

I noticed the other day that he still has balls. When we had my last dog neutered, his balls pretty much shrank up like raisins and vanished. Truman's balls ain't big, but they're definitely there.

Anyone has enough experience with dogs to have any thoughts on whether this is normal? Is it possible that the neuter didn't work?

Thanks in advance for any input.
  • Leha
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

You want to see you dog without balls?
    why you do it? i think that is so sad to do such things with animals, especially with dogs, it's not a cat.

Comment

• ichrang
      Getting warmed up
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Leha
      why you do it? i think that is so sad to do such things with animals, especially with dogs, it's not a cat.
      You would rather see your streets littered with malnutritioned stray dogs and cats? That is more inhumane than getting them fixed.

As for your dogs balls.... thats unusual, they are usually gone after the surgery. But I have heard of dogs continuing to hump legs and mark territory because of habit.
      music at: www.djrichang.com
      add me: www.myspace.com/djrichang

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

I'm not clamoring to have a ball-less dog. I do want to be sure he was properly neutered, for a host of reasons. If he was properly neutered and the fact that his balls haven't shriveled up and he's still humping things like it's going out of style is normal, so be it. Just concerned about his health.

Comment

• Pataky P
          asdf_imo
          • Jun 2004

Re:: My dog's balls

You had a great DOG!!!

Comment

• HoneyBearKelly
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Take him to a different vet.
            Cat formerly known as Cheshire
            *cue imperial death march"

Comment

• Leha
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

or do it yorself

Comment

• ubiqe
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ichrang
                As for your dogs balls.... thats unusual, they are usually gone after the surgery. But I have heard of dogs continuing to hump legs and mark territory because of habit.
                Not if he was 6 month old when neutered - he shouldn't have had the habit yet... If I were you I would definietly see another vet. It seems that one didn't do his job properly (you can try getting your money back...)

Sorry but you're wrong. Think again.

On a lighter note, some time ago there was a discussion on one of the dog owners mailing list I'm on. There was a guy who had one female and one male dog and wanted one neutered (he had a yard so his only problem was during teh female's heat). Somehow all the male posters advised him to neuter the female. While of course teh surgery is much more risky, difficult and invasive in that case. We called that the syndrome of the holy balls...

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ichrang
                  But I have heard of dogs continuing to hump legs and mark territory because of habit.
                  My roommates dog is fixed and he still tries to hump peoples legs and other dogs every once in a while.

AHHH, what a life, walk in a pub, see a fit bird, and go for it.
                  No "hi how are you, can I buy you a drink?" and all that bollocks.

Comment

• buzztim
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Jun 2004

i'm disappointed... i clicked this thread expecting pictures...

thread title = 5/5 IMO

not following through on the thread title's promise = 0/5 IMO
                    Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you. -- Bill Hicks

Comment

• Jibgolly
                      Vortexuralizor
                      • Jun 2004

^ i was thinking the same damn thing timmah.
                      stop copying me.

Comment

• Garrick
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

haha...

actually, that happens with cats and dogs.... it doesn't work on all of them to calm them down, so i suggest some doggie zannies.
                        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• toasty
                          Sir Toastiness
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by buzztim
                          i'm disappointed... i clicked this thread expecting pictures...

thread title = 5/5 IMO

not following through on the thread title's promise = 0/5 IMO
                          Originally posted by Jibgolly
                          i was thinking the same damn thing timmah.
                          Sorry guys. I'll be sure to post a photo next time, although I'll warn you ahead of time that they aren't the most remarkable balls you'll ever see, but they are indeed balls where balls should not be.

Here's a pic of the pooch himself, though, checking out my phone...

Comment

• qwerty2222
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Re:: My dog's balls

nice dog you got there, looks kinda funny
                            about the problem you have with your dog, normaly, after the operation, there should be no balls there, maybe something that conected the balls to the rest of the organism that looks like balls, and an instinct is an instinct so, marking the teritory is something animals do, whether neutered or not

Comment

• master of puppets
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

Why you cut your dog balls, you're crazy man, it's not fair to your poor dog, let him try females he must feel sad withuot balls that's why he do it, it's his way to protest for something.
                              DIODE NOISE GENERATOR

slsk: bass_warrior

Comment

Working...