DJ Topo - Black is my favourite color (newest edition of our black series)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

DJ Topo - Black is my favourite color (newest edition of our black series)

G' day

Some know how addicted I am to Progressive House from DJs from Argentina and to the few DJs left who still play that kind of Music you listen to rarely today...dark, dirty and filthy Progressive/Tribal music that fucks with your brain. I started promoting trips to darkness in 2005 by hosting the 1st mix from what people behind it call "Black series" and this is the most recent edition of it featuring another mix by DJ Topo who made the last edition as well.

I have to warn you though because this mix is extreme and I know it will be too weird for some of you because it is noisy sometimes and heading to a prog-psy direction as well. It is a nice change from 08/15 mixes and something different for sure because mixes that are released in the "Black series" have to be different and a lot of thought, time and passion are put into it.

Emil Dumitrache aka digitalcrew on this message board is the "brain" who chooses the tracks on the Black series mixes since the beginning and he gathers the best tracks over months to get a complete package of tracks that fit perfectly into each other and result in a nice musical trip. Enough talking and judge by yourself..I end this thread with a short info about Topo from Emil.

Originally posted by digitalcrew
    Panaitescu Razvan, aka Dj Topo - young romanian DJ and producer and Resident @ Pasha Club,Galati in Romania.

He is a pure afterhours DJ and plays smooth, powerful and dynamic progressive music. RPO is his favorite artist.As a producer and remixer, DJ Topo is really gifted, his productions are very complex with powerfull baselines and unique sounds. He already released some of his work @ Compusure records and Stranamente music labels; a lot more of his productions will come out soon.

www.djtopo.com

"Black Is My Favorite Color" is a trip to the dark music, a rough and underground trip. Ambient and progr.-psy based, "Black Is My Favorite Color" pushes you into catacombs and keeps you there showing you more sides and aspects of Dark music.

The credits for this set are shared with the underground community from Galati- Romania.

_viva_la_underground_
    Tracklist:

01. Juno Reactor - Conquistador Part 1
    02. Trimada - Intro
    03. Djinn - Intro
    04. Zik Matutero - Untitled
    05. Ah Cama-Sotz - El Sueno De La Hora Mas Oscura
    06. Ah Cama-Sotz-Exxtrrminate(My Way to Heresy 2005 ReMix)
    07. In.R.Voice - Russia Is Darkest Secret
    08. Procs - Gluffsing The Pop
    09. Ah Cama-Sotz - 1348
    10. Djinn - Hate
    11. Camanecroszcope II - What Comes Forth Form Obscurity
    12. Procs - Sub Glob
    13. Camanecroszcope II - Form The Gulf And Into Existence
    14. Juno Reactor - Teahouse (feat. gocoo)
    15. Juno Reactor - War Dogs
    16. Juno Reactor - Angels and Men
    17. Robert Lippok - To The Zero Movement Point
  • Lorn
    Looking for a title!
    • Sep 2004

Re: DJ Topo - Black is my favourite color (newest edition of our black series)

Damn straight. This guy is f*cking insane. Way to go.

Comment

• kethal
      Getting Somewhere
      • Dec 2006

it's a master piece in deed

every week i'm f*****d up by the music that topo plays @ pasha..totally kick ass!!!!
      best dj in romania @ the moment!
      DARK!!!
      Last edited by kethal; January 17, 2007, 06:10:06 PM.
      sigpic
      Dj Topo & Mirel J - Voice From The Underground

Comment

• Lorn
        Looking for a title!
        • Sep 2004

I just listened to this little baby. Masterpiece for sure. The sounds were awe inspiring, deep and dark. I will enjoy this for a long time to come.

Many thanks to all those who were involved in putting this together.

Do yourself a favor. Download now!

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Downloading ...

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• BSully828
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Juno Reactor - damn, I haven't heard those guys in ages. Bible of Dreams was a great album way back when.
            Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;
            a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

Comment

• Funky Dredd
              Are you Kidding me??
              • May 2005

Thank you! I still listen to the old one
              Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                Are you Kidding me??
                • May 2005

That was sick
                I'll be listening to this for a while!
                Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• Lorn
                  Looking for a title!
                  • Sep 2004

^You bet.

Comment

• SpankBot
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jun 2004

I didn't care for it. I thought Mirel Jarca had some better slammin/darkness tracks than this. Also to boot: toporas, Black Book.

Comment

• Lorn
                      Looking for a title!
                      • Sep 2004

Well I liked it.

Comment

• TomTom
                        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                        • May 2002

Topo and Toporas are the same person, he just wants to be called Topo nowadays.

Comment

• Lorn
                          Looking for a title!
                          • Sep 2004

^I knew that.

Comment

• Jbones
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Feb 2005

Where can I get the set?

Comment

• Jbones
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Feb 2005

Never mind I found it. hehe

Comment

Working...