X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

[ms] v 4.0

In our never-ending CONQUEST at making this site a major part of your daily routine..... we are proud to announce an upcoming release of the new MercuryServer.

This is going to be a version of MS with all the features included that I have been struggling to install and with the Shepster missing for over 2 1/2 months now, we decided to make this move.

THIS MOVE WILL NOT RESULT IN LOSING ANY DATA / MEMBERS

EVERYTHING will move with the site. But firstly, I want to highlight some of the reasons we are choosing to move.

Prillian cannot be installed, the new one has prillian pre-installed in it.

Unable to install Global Announcement Mod. This will basically allow us to make an announcement in one forum and that post will appear on top of every forum as an announcement.

Updated Games Mod. This mod adds functionality to the existing games mod like you have not seen. With the ability to offer medals and such, its an amazing extension to the present section of the site.

Monitor Access to the downloads page. Since Shep was missing, we were unable to update major chunks of code for watching the downloads page have vanished in the last few moves. We now have control over this in a different way on the forums, but with the same results.

The ability to download a post or an entire topic as a text file. Will be VERY USEFUL for the cue sheets section.

The ability to create sub-categories to the main forums on the index page, this will allow us to set up a MAJOR extension to the UPCOMING EVENTS forum where we can now setup sub-forums by country so users can speficially post in those countries and see in a heartbeat whats going on and where.

The SHOUTBOX is BACK

Mini Picture Gallery with the ability to now link your avatars from there.

The Topic Notifications had stopped working on this forum. This has now been fixed in 2 GREAT WAYS. For once, it actually works on the new version. SECONDLY, there is a bookmarks mod where you can actually add a topic to your Bookmarks. These are Forum based bookmarks and are not saved in your IE favourites but are saved in the database under your user preferences. So you can switch a million computers, but still come back to the forums and see the topics that interest you.

There are SEVERAL more reasons why we're upgrading the forums but I'll let you boys and girls take a peek and decide if its worth it. For this is a community and a community it will stay.

So unless you guys vote..... the decision wont be made.

I also want to take this time and introduce to you, Matt a.k.a. MrDSL who has been fundamental behind our move. I met him on the phpbb forums when I kept searching for answers to why I couldnt install mods on here and he came over, helped me figure out a lot of shit and last but not least, offer to migrate the data for me without losing a damn thing....

Please thank him for his efforts folks.......

For now, you make check out the site at

----> http://www.mercuryserver.com/integramod/index.php <----

Please let me know your opinions and do post your problems (if you run into any on the new site).

REGISTRATIONS + POSTING IS DISABLED (except in the GYY forum), however you will be able to visit and see every corner of the site
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re:: [ms] v 4.0

EDIT

I've added a TEST USER account for those wishing to test out the posting options...

User / Pass = test / test
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Hos
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

GREAT work Matt, Tom and -e-
      black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• peloquin
        Till I Come!
        • Jun 2004

i say if its not too much trouble, go for it, you guys rock for making all these improvements. i have no qualms with the current site, but i did like prillian :P

just looked at the test site, looks very cool

Comment

• Hos
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Comment

• peloquin
            Till I Come!
            • Jun 2004

you fixed it

Comment

• Homskillet
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

You guys are absolutely amazing how much work you put into this site!! It shows how passionate you are about this whole community and I thank everyone who's put in the time to making MS what it is and will be in the future!!

I'm not to sure what prillion really is but I trust your guys' judgement on what moves to take.
              https://soundcloud.com/dahlheim/shadynasty-tres-final

Comment

• tiddles
                Encryption, Jr.
                • Jun 2004

i'm all for it as long as i don't have to re-register again

Comment

• Hos
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

there will be NO re-registering and all the topics will move over too

Comment

• peloquin
                    Till I Come!
                    • Jun 2004

Bring It On

Comment

• tiddles
                      Encryption, Jr.
                      • Jun 2004

hos gets upgraded to admin...
                      do i get to be a mod?

Comment

• peloquin
                        Till I Come!
                        • Jun 2004

^ please lord no
                        :wink: :P

Comment

• tiddles
                          Encryption, Jr.
                          • Jun 2004

:cry:

Comment

• thepariah
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

The Jones' won't have nuttin on [ms]. There is no way they could even hope to keep up. :wink:

Comment

• Hos
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
                              hos gets upgraded to admin...
                              do i get to be a mod?
                              don't fret pumpkin. i'm only checking out some features on the new board.

Comment

Working...