• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threehills
    I heart Lollergirl
    • Jun 2005

Re: "An Inconvenient Truth" banned in schools

Originally posted by 88Mariner
    But I read on, and I read it again. I couldn't believe it. This fvckface wants this movie banned because it doesn't show up in the BIBLE?
    Agreed, that was my whole point really in posting the article, not so much the fact that they want the movie banned, but WHY they want it banned.

Anyone read a State of Fear? Michel Creighton's recent novel dealing with this subject? He presents a lot of evidence against global warming if anyone is looking for any.
    It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• Troklo
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

I even remember that a fellow student asked the profesor about 3 months ago if there where any, cientific reports claming that global warming dosen´t exist or is just a normal earth cicle, the profesor said he was going to look for one and present it to us.
      We´re still waiting......
      Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• Localizer
        Platinum Poster
        • Jul 2004

Global Warming is not proven. It's a theory that has a significant amount of evidence supporting it. There is an insurmountable evidence that shows that we've sped up the warming process since the start of the industrial revolution. This theory is as credible as evolution is to our scientific progress.
        Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
        -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• KinKyJ
          Platinum Poser
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lilsensa
          "you" = American people? That is why I say that you are generalizing that American people are gullible and will believe anything..Because you are...And trust me, our "democracy" hasn't been functioning properly for quite some time now...
          you = people calling Al Gore and idiot for warning about Global Warming

Comment

• lilsensa
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

^^I'm only saying that I'm not a big fan of his agenda....It came at a time when it served him a purpose...but, whatever....I'm out..peace
            RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• 88Mariner
              My dick is smaller
              • Nov 2006

global warming is a fact. it's not a theory.

HOWEVER, what we're arguing about is whether it is influenced by man, or not. There is very little evidence that global warming is a result of man (see the UN Report on this), and it is not new to the modern era. Global Warming has been happening since the dawn of man, and before. If mankind is responsible for global warming, it's because we breed too much livestock, haven't stopped geothermic forces beneath the Earth, and so on....

Yes, global warming is a fact, but don't believe the context with which people assumably talk about it.....it's not man-made...

If AL GORE was so into saving the 'environment', then why did he use such flawed data in his movie? To me, if you're serious about doing something positive, you get the best reliable data there is, and make your case. I think this stinks of creating a legacy. He doesn't want to be remembered as the guy who lost the 2000 election, so what better way to create one.

ANYWAYS....
              you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Localizer
                Platinum Poster
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                global warming is a fact. it's not a theory.

HOWEVER, what we're arguing about is whether it is influenced by man, or not. There is very little evidence that global warming is a result of man (see the UN Report on this), and it is not new to the modern era. Global Warming has been happening since the dawn of man, and before. If mankind is responsible for global warming, it's because we breed too much livestock, haven't stopped geothermic forces beneath the Earth, and so on....

Yes, global warming is a fact, but don't believe the context with which people assumably talk about it.....it's not man-made...

If AL GORE was so into saving the 'environment', then why did he use such flawed data in his movie? To me, if you're serious about doing something positive, you get the best reliable data there is, and make your case. I think this stinks of creating a legacy. He doesn't want to be remembered as the guy who lost the 2000 election, so what better way to create one.

ANYWAYS....
                Um, no, it's a theory because it can't be proven. Find me a notable scientist who regards it as fact. Mankind is responsible for expediting the process. Again, there's enough evidence to show pre/post industrial revolution carbon emissions. The correlation is clear and scientists worry that the process is going faster than it should be. It's having a ripple effect on the food chain and fortunately it hasn't reached us yet.

I never saw the movie so I can't comment on what his data was.
                -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Lorn
                  Looking for a title!
                  • Sep 2004

The theory is the man part. It can't be argued against that the earth has been warming since the last ice age.

Comment

• Localizer
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Lorn
                    The theory is the man part. It can't be argued against that the earth has been warming since the last ice age.
                    true true.
                    -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• KinKyJ
                      Platinum Poser
                      • Jun 2004

Ye well instead of bullshitting about what the reason is, we'd better spend time on optimizing our energy use and find durable sources.

I bet those who're sitting back and calling global warming a hoax are the first ones to start looking for someone or something to blame when shit starts to go really bad.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                        i use to be important
                        • Jun 2004

Dear world,

If we do not stop smoking and drinking beer, we are going to cause global warming. when the smoke rises it cause the earth to get hotter. and hot is not good. also the beer does not help because when you piss outside it causes the icebergs to melt. we have to stop this now or the polar bears are going to eat us, because the ice keeps them there. they will swim over to us and eat us. all of us.

Stop the warming!
                        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• KinKyJ
                          Platinum Poser
                          • Jun 2004

^^^ and to think there was a time I actually wondered why you were thrown out of Poland

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by SyntaxTerror
                            The thing I don't get is even if you choose to believe that global warming doesn't exist, why do you put up such a defense to improving the planet anyway.

Pollution is undeniable, so are the problems we create through landfill, etc. These are the kinds of things that have to change regardless of whether global warming exists or not.

I'm no greenie by any stretch of the imagination, but environmental sustainability is a very real issue that still isn't really getting the attention it deserves.

If you can't do it for these reasons at least do it for the reason that you will have beautiful beaches to laze around on, and awesome scenic shots to snap when holidaying, or a nice harbour to look out at from your office window.

And to reiterate what DIDI said, maybe you should check Al Gore's page on Wikipedia to see how long he's been plugging away at environmental issues...
                            Totally agree !! Why fight against making the world a better place to live in. It's not a matter of depriving ourselves of anything, it's just a matter of doing things in a better way.
                            Originally posted by TheVrk
                            it IS incredible isn't it??
                            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Lorn
                              Looking for a title!
                              • Sep 2004

So many people. So little time.

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by asdf_admin
                                Dear world,

If we do not stop smoking and drinking beer, we are going to cause global warming. when the smoke rises it cause the earth to get hotter. and hot is not good. also the beer does not help because when you piss outside it causes the icebergs to melt. we have to stop this now or the polar bears are going to eat us, because the ice keeps them there. they will swim over to us and eat us. all of us.

Stop the warming!
                                Well actually Polar bears are dying off

http://online.wsj.com/public/article..._20061214.html

They are drowning!!!

Why do they quote experts speaking about global warning whose expertise is in policy???????
                                Originally posted by TheVrk
                                it IS incredible isn't it??
                                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...