.AUdio on Proton: Jan 18 - ROBBIE LOWE and Daniel Stubbs ....Aussie special! :-)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrantT
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

.AUdio on Proton: Jan 18 - ROBBIE LOWE and Daniel Stubbs ....Aussie special! :-)

Well, here we are at the start of 2007 and I'd imagine that you, just like me, are in the mood to party through another year! With all the internationals that feature on .AUdio, it's important to really let some AUSSIE talent take the lead for a bit. So! That's exactly what the January installment is all about.

This month is a live set double focusing on an outdoor rave called Party Under The Stars from Dec 16 that was ... well ... in the middle of nowhere. That's officially "the outback" for you Yanks - and it was even in a place Kangaroo Valley!

Now.. seriously.. I bang my drum about this guy all the time, but fuck me if Robbie Lowe isn't the finest God damn DJ in the country, and this is one of the best sets I've ever heard from him. Moving through tech house and more into bottom-heavy, crunchy techier stuff towards the end - this is Robbie at his finest. I absolutely implore anyone with a sense of tech house tastes to get on board. It's an awesome ride!

Part two from Party Under The Stars starts out in a deep house flavour and drifts brilliantly into techier vibes - and stays totally dance-friendly throughout. Daniel Stubbs is just getting known, but if he keeps up this standard it's going to be darn fast run up the ladder. Dan's tastes cover the spectrum of techno, and this is some really solid material from a guy who absolutely knows his stuff. Definitely worth your time.

So! Get on board for an Australia Day 2007 special edition of .AUdio and maybe discover someone new. Trust me - this stuff is every bit as good as any of the big international sets you hear elsewhere. Or maybe better??? You decide!

Kicking off...

New York: Jan 18, Thu 5pm
    LA: Jan 18, Thu 2pm
    London: Jan 18, Thu 10pm
    Sydney: Jan 19, Fri 9am

Only on www.protonradio.com
    Australia's best - .AUdio on www.protonradio.com
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: .AUdio on Proton: Jan 18 - ROBBIE LOWE and Daniel Stubbs ....Aussie special! :-)

Everyone raves about Robbie Lowe and I'm ashamed to say I haven't heard him yet. Looking forward to this!!
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• GrantT
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Re: .AUdio on Proton: Jan 18 - ROBBIE LOWE and Daniel Stubbs ....Aussie special! :-)

Well, now's your chance. Here's some thoughts from other people who were at the party:

Wow, what a fantastic night. Had a blast, stars were beautiful and the crowd was great.

Hope to see ya'l again next year for a bigger + better Party Under the Stars!

Fantastic outdoor fun under the stars for all!

great night, great fun.

What a great Weekend!

Fantastic day/night, really could not fault it. The sound was great, as well as the DJs, area was so beautiful, a very nice way to spend the weekend.

Had an absolute ball

Was a wicked night - great crowd and awesome tunes.

WHAT A MASSIVE NIGHT!!!

had a fantastic time!

best bush party ever!! will definately be coming along to this next year, and will bring many others along with me! such a great event!

Don't miss it.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

Two great Aussie dj's tearing it up on .audio. Looking forward to it...though I think I've already got Robbies set. He hooked me up with it...great stuff.
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• GrantT
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Started! Hit it: www.protonradio.com

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

hey grant!! was at school and missed the lowe set. really digging Daniel Stubbs. set is on fire!! cannot wait to get these in mp3. i look forward to your show every freakin month. great work as always.
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• GrantT
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

Thanks dude. I'll get some MP3 copies sorted ASAP!

Comment

• ProgAgressive_Maniac
                Addiction started
                • Oct 2006

Damn i missed it.. Althou i was there and saw it live :P i still wanted to rip it... NOT HAPPY JAN

That was a good event.. we dont get enough progressive bush parties...
                I remember that weekend man.. it was awesome.. me and my mates pitched a tent from friday midday and left sunday afternoon..

The boys did a good job.. myself and this irish dude from dublin were the last 2 left dancing at in the morning after everyone had gone to bed until a few others woke up and came back and joined us... .. Thanks to Simon and James for keeping the tunes pumping way past the sun was up....

Highlights were the young guy that played 1st at miday on saturday... dont member his name but we had a good smoke together... Tim who go on around 6pm i think [dude you needed more of a crowd] he played way to hard for the time slot but fuck it.. its a bush party no flow needed HE ROCKED. then it was pretty average in my books til Matt Rowan and Robbie hit the decks around midnight... Robbie is big.. this dude is sooooo worth the hype.. always delivers. Then James got on at 4am and his set was Massive... Really Really good tunes and he blew the mixer or speakers or somthing at 5am when he tried to play a Korn track [thats how hard he was playing].

Anyways... I"m shitty i missed it... Grant can you hook me up with mp3 pplllleeeaasssseee
                "Nobody ever bought a cd because it had a good signal to noise ratio" - 'David Moulton'

Comment

• GrantT
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

No MP3's at this point ... but here you go with the free inthemix on-demand stream versions of the same:

Part 1 - Daniel Stubbs

Part 2 - Robbie Lowe

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...