• Darvin Nokturnal
    Getting warmed up
    • Jan 2007

Progressive Breaks Mix by Darvin Knorr

ALL THESE THINGS

Mixed and Recorded: Nov 2006
    Genre: Progressive Breaks
    Length: 1:19:51

To download, you simply need to register. =)
    Description:

This mix has been in the works ever since I completed my last progressive breaks mix Muse. I realise that anyone who is big into these types of breaks may already be familiar with most or all of these tracks, but they are my favorite choice tunes that I have wanted to link together for quite awhile now. I very rarely hear these types of breaks played out, so I hope they find a few others out there who will be swept away by them as much as I am. As well, the title of this mix is a bit of a nod to LP and Shiloh for the last track on this compilation which I think is a really brilliant gem, awesome work lads!!

Tracklist:

1. Plastic Revolution - Jordan Daniel
    2. Dark Clouds Over Oslo - Aural Seduction (Rayan Papa Rmx)
    3. Almost Grey - Orchid
    4. Venus - Siberian Son
    5. Carry On - Noel Sanger
    6. Eternity - Ozur & Rouzbeh
    7. Clause 5.1 - Mortar & Pestle
    8. Hide - Brad Copeland
    9. Apricot - Blake Jarrel & Starkid (Momus with Cream Rmx)
    10. Before You Break On Me - Chale & Fernandez
    11. Cloudbrake - Phil K & Habersham
    12. All those Things - LP & Shiloh

Reviews:

OMG, awesome mix. Slapped it into my ipod today and it got me through my workout lickity split. Very smooth blending and flawless beatmatching. I haven't been listening to a lot of prog breaks sets lately, so that LP/Shiloh track is still a welcome addition to any mix. Excellent work - Maclintok

Breaks really aren't my forte, but I was pleasantly surprised. Great sense of atmosphere, very warm and euphoric; evoking to the senses. It has a comfortable underwater feel, with fizzy bubbles tickling up your legs. It's exactly what I needed, some sensitive tunes. Thank you. f*** Cafe del Mar. I've got Nokturnal! - Deedee

So I have been listening to All These Things several times over, the usual fare, listening to it late at night, sometimes twice in a row, while I work, in the car, falling asleep, etc. Everywhere. All the time. And it is incredible. Your mixing is flawless. Genius. You meld tracks together very well. Besides that, you take good care in choosing a sound that is really unified and intense.I am forced to listen, that is what I like. The closer I listen, the more I am rewarded. This is not like over-produced pop music, it is random sparks of genius where producers have created tracks from pure simple beauty, and their gems have most likely been underrated or underappreciated. When sober people who know WTF is going on come out to hear you play and find themselves inspired, energized, or even floored (as I am) it must be said... you do a fine, fine job. Only a true musician and artist could craft what you have crafted. LOVE it. keep it coming... - Joel

Super tight man! It sounds amazing, this is the crossover I have been wanting for a while. Prog breaks meets intelligent trancy. Perfect. Love it! Keep it up brotha! - Spirit
    Excellent music and perfect mixing! Very real, positive and progressive trip! Something specifically and extra! - Dj Tod

Very lush, melodic start... love this sound... the build-up towards darker sounds is very well executed. Lovely work honest. Keep it up. Will keep this one in my archive for sure. - Salva

Awesome, totally awesome!!! Luv, Jessica

NICE work! Great mix. Come down and play in Portland! - Zig Zag

Finally listened to this the other day, nice breaks mix, I enjoyed it! - Sunrunner
    I am really diggin the mix Darvin! When I seek out breaks I usually search for the chunkiest flat out stuff I can, although a lot of diverse material including chill chunes really does it for me when employing a break-based percussion structure. It is just the best beat possible I reckon. The selection of tracks you have used has a fantastic dreamy cruisey emotive kind of feel to them. Music categories are so shit sometimes so I have never looked into or known what progressive breaks are; I am sure they have developed their name separately from the psy progressive understandings, but I would liken the feel of these progressive breaks compared to breaks/dnb in a similar way as to psy progressive compared to psytrance. The progressive world is opening up to me only recently and I am really enjoying it! A friend of mine once noted that to get intensity in music you just have to have strings - that is, samples from the string section of an orchestra. And it is so true! An observation that initially seems wierd but it usually adds this emotion tugging edge to shit that rules! I noticed some of the tracks in the mix using this technique. I like the extra amounts of synth melodies compared to standard breaks too. 14 minutes into the mix literally gave me goosebumps on only the second listen! I was not focussing so much on the mixing as the tracks were more my interest at this stage, but everything seemed to flow together very well with no obvious seams. It is probably harder to mix this kinda stuff due the the lower amount of noises in the tracks therefore making changes more noticeable. Nice work dude! Thanks for opening up my music appreciation world even more! - Niium

Hiya Darvin, nice one!! I like it alot whenever I see that you have posted up a new mix, I always know it is gonna be a good one... keep up the great work! - Bindi

Wow, so pretty... I guess I like progressive breaks! (I am not good with music genres) - Snafu

That last track IS a good one! Not so crazy about the hoover bass (which has gotten too-popular in progressive lately) but I really like those pitchshift/autotune effecting on the vocals. The breakdown is really pretty. It would be nice to hear a similar mix with a little less wankery. - Kenny

It is not too bad. Much fluffier than the prog trance I have heard but it is very relaxing. I will definately have another listen later. - Gher

Great work! It was not what I was expecting... much more trancey... I like the latter half especially. Overall it had a very polished sound to it. The Shiloh track is getting a bit overplayed by every proggy breaks DJ I have listened too, but still a great way to climax a set - Clearvision

Shiloh - All those Things - I had never heard this before but I have fallen in love with it, thanks! - Sanchez

Well as you know from my posts on djf, this is a great mix! Very polished and smooth, songs compliment each other nicely. Starts off mellow, and gradually builds to the energy level of the titular tune. Seems like you put in some harmonic mixing, and a lot of thought into the programming. Highly recommended to anyone who likes progressive music! - Clearvision

Just wanted to let you know I really enjoy this mix. It makes me happy, yay to prog breaks. - Liam

Really well done! Very tightly put together. - Nuera

I'm liking the wide variety of drum sounds, the trancey bits, and the dark sounds that jump out about 1/3 of the way through. To me your mix is like rolling a die of EDM genres and getting a little of a bunch of sides. It also doesn't hurt that the bass bumps nicely in headphones. - 421

Totally diging your stuff man!!!! You GOTTA come to Portland/Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Doodlinggirl

Excellent selection of tracks, thank you so much for getting them out there. You are totally correct that you don't generally hear the deep, exceptionally well produced breaks tracks on big sound. We've got a large collective of jungleists here in SB, and a great core of breakbeat folks. Being one of the old guys, I have been introducing them to the really tripped out progressive, tech and glitch movements. Including Phil K/Habersham just nails it, thanks! That, and some new producers you have turned me onto... Happy 2007 to You! - Mark

Its been a long long time since I have listened to something that can literally enhance my mood. I loved the euphoric vibes coming from this set. I loved it through and through. I know that progressive breaks have been around for a while now, but I never got around to checking out the genre until now. I can picture this being played at a lounge or an after hours club where people just want to un-wind after a long night of partying. Its really good stuff I think I am going to check out more progressive breaks, maybe even buy some. - Preston Young

Stunning set. Really great. Im not usually into breaks that much but this was really good. - THE Chris

Excellent mix mate! Definately loving the proggy-breaks. Oh btw, Muse was excellent as well. - adx
    Last edited by Darvin Nokturnal; May 26, 2007, 04:04:21 PM.
    Darvin Knorr
    Director/Promoter/DJ
    www.area709.com

Nokturnal
    Zenon Records
    www.zenonrecords.com
  • BeachBum
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Re: Progressive Breaks Mix by Darvin Knorr

will give a listen , thanks.
    The man who has no imagination has no wings - Muhammad Ali

Comment

• Darvin Nokturnal
      Getting warmed up
      • Jan 2007

Hey I hope you enjoyed it. =)
      Darvin Knorr
      Director/Promoter/DJ
      www.area709.com

Nokturnal
      Zenon Records
      www.zenonrecords.com

Comment

• unkownartist
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

re check the link please

Oops we screwed up in a kind of 404 way.

Comment

• Darvin Nokturnal
          Getting warmed up
          • Jan 2007

Oops, sorry about that.

We just recently re-launched our site with a newer version so all the links have changed. Here is the new link for this mix:

http://www.area709.com/darvin/music/mix/33/

You can stream, but to download, you simply need to register for the site, then all the mixes are free to download.

Enjoy!!
          Last edited by Darvin Nokturnal; May 26, 2007, 04:03:13 PM.
          Darvin Knorr
          Director/Promoter/DJ
          www.area709.com

Nokturnal
          Zenon Records
          www.zenonrecords.com

Comment

• masam
            Addiction started
            • Apr 2006

Downloading mix now..... great tracklist.

Comment

• masam
              Addiction started
              • Apr 2006

Nice mix...great to hear some mint breaks!

Comment

• Avalanche
                Fresh Peossy
                • Dec 2006

Interesting.. downloading

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

I dont see a download link for this, only a tune in link to stream it. You think you can share it ? Tuned in so far for about 10 minutes it and digging it
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  Originally posted by ace_dl
                  Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• unkownartist
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Kamal
                    I dont see a download link for this, only a tune in link to stream it. You think you can share it ? Tuned in so far for about 10 minutes it and digging it

you have to register with the site

i cant be arsed personally

Comment

• Darvin Nokturnal
                      Getting warmed up
                      • Jan 2007

It's true, you do need to register for the site, which I know is a few extra steps that some people are not into. I used to post direct download links to my mixes, but in one month went through over 30 gigs of bandwidth so now I am ok with a reduced amount of traffic.

The people who want to hear the mixes will take a few seconds to register and become a part of our community, and besides most of my newer mixes have all been hosted on radio stations such as xtc radio, frisky radio, danceradio.gr, progressivehouse.com, and a bunch of others so I know they are great quality mixes worth the effort of registering.

Hope you enjoy the tunes =)
                      Darvin Knorr
                      Director/Promoter/DJ
                      www.area709.com

Nokturnal
                      Zenon Records
                      www.zenonrecords.com

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

Originally posted by Darvin Nokturnal
                        I used to post direct download links to my mixes, but in one month went through over 30 gigs of bandwidth so now I am ok with a reduced amount of traffic.
                        or you can host with mjwebhosting and not have to worry about BW
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                        Originally posted by ace_dl
                        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Darvin Nokturnal
                          Getting warmed up
                          • Jan 2007

Thanks for the tip!
                          Darvin Knorr
                          Director/Promoter/DJ
                          www.area709.com

Nokturnal
                          Zenon Records
                          www.zenonrecords.com