X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Sasha in "Shindig" glass attack !

Apparently someone threw a glass at the DJ booth when Sasha played Shindig (Newcastle) in December. A witness on the scene said that "Some twat launching a glass at the DJ box / Sasha last night in Shindig? ... Luckily it didnt hit Sasha directly, mainly shattered over equipment ". The incident caused Mr Coe to abandon his set at the 1.5-hour mark and he has vowed never to return. Rumours that (i) this took place after the first 4 bars of "Cowpander" had been played, and (ii) this was revenge for the Cardiff "Ninja" incident are, as yet (and quite rightly), unsubstantiated. http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/h...castle_9_12_06
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
  • SyntaxTerror
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sasha in "Shindig" glass attack !

Why have you linked us to a thread about Fleetwood Mac?
    "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Good point - I've edited it : its some crappy north east forum ... just type "Sasha Shindig Glass" into google to access further info.
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Guess Cowpander has been played one time too many.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Morgan
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

I think Sasha needs to sit down and take a lesson from the Blues Brothers.
          "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• qwerty2222
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

some people should get a life
            i remember reading about an incident involving steve lawler being forced to play some tune and bouncers taking off the dj booth wich happend a couple of years ago, but there the management didnt like the music steve was playin
            if you dont like what he's playing, just leave, he's not there just for you and he doesnt have to play your bedroom top20tunes
            sad how some people can express themselfs, no way to treat a dj like sasha that way

Comment

• Lorn
              Looking for a title!
              • Sep 2004

Get a little substance in you and manners quickly go out the door.

Comment

• chanty
                John, John, where art thou!
                • Jun 2004

I'd have kicked the guys ass for ruining my evening. Asshat!
                Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• supaz
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Morgan
                  I think Sasha needs to sit down and take a lesson from the Blues Brothers.
                  Rawhide!

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                    • Jun 2004

If it's true that he was playing Cowpander then maybe he deserved it
                    "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• PartyInGreece
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by qwerty2222
                      some people should get a life
                      i remember reading about an incident involving steve lawler being forced to play some tune and bouncers taking off the dj booth wich happend a couple of years ago, but there the management didnt like the music steve was playin
                      if you dont like what he's playing, just leave, he's not there just for you and he doesnt have to play your bedroom top20tunes
                      sad how some people can express themselfs, no way to treat a dj like sasha that way
                      No way to treat anybody that's providing a service...

Comment

• AntonyM
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2004

Some people will do anything for attention
                        Originally posted by Shpira
                        So came back last night...
                        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                        Originally posted by Illuminate
                        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• AndyH
                          Platinum Poster
                          • May 2005

One word.... Northerners!
                          [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

Now now - Newcastles further up north than Lancashire - we appreciate good music in this part of the country ! Blame the binge-drinkers (of which Newcastle is the capital).
                            sigpicSimonR

Comment

• AndyH
                              Platinum Poster
                              • May 2005

I bet the Culprit was wearing a Newcastle football shirt and had a black eye from the night before..
                              [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

Working...