X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Eat Me Drink Me

So Marilyn Manson has a new album coming out, who cares right? But his website was pretty interesting so I decided to give it attention, plus I discovered the band originated in Ft Lauderale, FL where the band's theatrical performances gathered a local following that eventually turned worldwide, freakish obv. any thoughts on MM (besides the obvious freakishness)?

The Official Marilyn Manson Website

gallery of shapes: http://www.marilynmanson.com/galleryofshapes.php

It was fun while it lasted...
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: Eat Me Drink Me

Manson rules
    has a wonderful perspective
    on all things including himself
    Cause were all fans of the Dope Show
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Morgan
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

I want to bone his wife.
      "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• MJ
        Here since 2002
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Morgan
        I want to bone his wife.
        They have seperated now.. I think you'd have more of a chance with Marilyn if I'm honest.
        mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• DancingQueen
          AVB FanClub | President
          • Oct 2005

Besides hi acting/looking like a freak as you say, Marilyn Manson is a genius when it comes to music. He is very talented
          sigpic
          RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
          RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Miroslav
            WHOA I can change this!1!
            • Apr 2006

I never got the guy. The whole freaky goth thing does nothing for me.
            mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Kinetic
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Meh...

I´ve been to one of his shows and he certainly delivers live, very entertaining, but musically he´s a sub-standard mix of NIN/Bowie/Bauhaus/KMFDM/Skinny Puppy. I mean, his best album (Anti-Christ Superstar) was basically written by Trent Reznor and the Puppy´s Dave Ogilvie.
              "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
              http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• KinKyJ
                Platinum Poser
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kinetic
                Meh...

I?ve been to one of his shows and he certainly delivers live, very entertaining, but musically he?s a sub-standard mix of NIN/Bowie/Bauhaus/KMFDM/Skinny Puppy. I mean, his best album (Anti-Christ Superstar) was basically written by Trent Reznor and the Puppy?s Dave Ogilvie.
                Agree on that one. I prefer a good dish of Front 242 over Manson any day of the week

Comment

• Lorn
                  Looking for a title!
                  • Sep 2004

Freak.

Comment

• Kinetic
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
                    a good dish of Front 242
                    ?Headhunter? is what industrial?s all about.
                    "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                    http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• KinKyJ
                      Platinum Poser
                      • Jun 2004

^^^ let's do the pepsi challnge, shall we?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iuve2OjY_8[/YOUTUBE]
                      vs
                      [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LUHFA_kRFM[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Lorn
                        Looking for a title!
                        • Sep 2004

Wow...I'll take that Front over Manson. Sick video.

Comment

• ShawnD64
                          Quickshot the Minute Man
                          • Jan 2005

someone needed to give him a hug when he was a child.
                          and not from a creepy uncle
                          http://soundcloud.com/scd64
                          http://www.myspace.com/scd64
                          http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• floridaorange
                            I'm merely a humble butler
                            • Dec 2005

Uh, well out of those 2 I'd go w. Manson...and when I referred to him as a freak I was really pointing to this incident in particular:

But beyond this, hiswebsite is cool I think...not all of it..

Marilyn Manson was charged with sexually assaulting a male security guard during his set at the Michigan date of OzzFest on July 30 at the DTE Energy Music Theater.
                            Oakland County, Michigan prosecutor Dave Gorcyca told LAUNCH about the incident. '[Manson is] charged with one count of criminal sexual conduct in the fourth degree, which is an unlawful touching of another person in a sexual manner and one count of assault and battery for him spitting on a security guard, who, ironically was there for his protection.'
                            Gorcyca added, 'During an act of the performance, Marilyn Manson, who was wearing a G-string, began to rub his genital area and masturbate over his clothing. As he approached the security guard, who was facing towards the audience to keep people off the stage, he then spit on him and then sat down and wrapped his legs around him in a headlock if you will, and then began to gyrate rubbing his genitals against the head and back and neck area of the security guard.'
                            The charges were filed on Friday (August 17) and there is a warrant out for Manson's (real name Brian Warner) arrest. He faces up to two years in prison for the sexual conduct felony and a 90-day prison term for the misdemeanor assault and battery charge.
                            Marilyn Manson is scheduled to play two sold-out shows in Japan over the weekend (August 18 and 19). Credit: launch.yahoo.com

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• rainman
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Dec 2005

used to love manson before they got all mainstream.

not really into the whole goth thing (my take is: how are you going to get pissed at people for looking at you being different when you are the one aking for the attention by being different. dont be pissed because other people dont go out of their way "to be different just like you and everyone else who is goth" . . . which doesnt really make you different anymore does it? ahhhhh . . . to be so self obsorbed you have to reinvent yourself and get pissed when people notice. . . and end rant.

manson, i do beleive, is a genius musically. defo funny guy tho, his brand of humor is something all together different

wrapped in plastic and lunchbox

Comment

Working...