• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Health Junkies

Are there any on MS?

Personally, I used to smoke cigs, 420, and did my fair share of pharms, didn't think twice about what I ate, drank, etc...Since like 22 I changed my entire outlook on diet, viatmins, supplements, working out,etc. Anyone else?

It was fun while it lasted...
  • Lorn
    Looking for a title!
    • Sep 2004

Re: Health Junkies

Sure. I like a cold cool antioxidant.

Comment

• ShawnD64
      Quickshot the Minute Man
      • Jan 2005

i do when i can. last year when i wasnt as busy, i would eat all organic and run a couple times a week. now with work taking over, i end up running less and getting take out a lot... tho NEVER fast food. i want a life where i can enjoy my hobbies and activities and my job is not taking over my life since i am still trying to work on improving my music, exercise and eating well suffer. fuck this whole working bullshit.
      http://soundcloud.com/scd64
      http://www.myspace.com/scd64
      http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• floridaorange
        • Dec 2005

^You can have a busy career and good health though right? It's a balancing act 4sure.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lorn
        Sure. I like a cold cool antioxidant.

Green Tea? I'm looking for health tips I havent thought of yet...I have these "Potent Sea Vegetable" supplement Capsules that are great!

Comment

• ShawnD64
          Quickshot the Minute Man
          • Jan 2005

i suppose yes, but i leave the house at 7am and i am home at 6pm. if i were to run, then shower cook dinner, i am done at 8:30 leave me and hour/hour and a half to work on music... being that id be tired from work all day and then running, i would want an hour just to relax and not get any work on my music done. it usually ends up in me working on music from 6.00 to 11.00 with a quick break for dinner with some tv. i am choosing music over health i want both imo. i need my ass a 5 hr work day hahaha

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ShawnD64
            i suppose yes, but i leave the house at 7am and i am home at 6pm. if i were to run, then shower cook dinner, i am done at 8:30 leave me and hour/hour and a half to work on music... being that id be tired from work all day and then running, i would want an hour just to relax and not get any work on my music done. it usually ends up in me working on music from 6.00 to 11.00 with a quick break for dinner with some tv. i am choosing music over health i want both imo. i need my ass a 5 hr work day hahaha
            Hehe, yah thats a paradox ...because if you figured out a way to include just a 30 min run, you would be more efficient in all of the other areas imo. I dont mean a 30 min run everyday either. If your already only eating dinner by taking a "quick break" sounds to me like you could leave work, run for 30, get home shower, work on music from 8-11, and use that time more efficiently, cutting out the tv part

Comment

• Miroslav
              WHOA I can change this!1!
              • Apr 2006

I'm there as far as food is concerned, but not in the mainstream medical way... I was raised by two crazy scientist PhDs with access to a lot of research on nutrition, health, etc. So, I do crazy things now too. Some of those include:

1. eat organic where I can - or at least with stuff that avoids growth hormones, antibiotics, etc.
              2. avoid partially hydrogenated oils like the plague they are
              3. avoid aspartame and all artificial sweeteners like the plague they are
              4. take a variety of supplements - multivitamin, daily dose of minerals, daily dose of omega 3 fatty acids, etc.
              5. generally avoid candy, stuff with artificial coloring, and prepackaged stuff with a zillion artificial preservatives in it.
              6. generally avoid all soft drinks and fast food.
              7. try to get my dose of whole wheat, not just the pervasive enriched flour/riboflavin stuff.
              8. avoid OTC "treatments" for colds...I treat my occasional cold with mega doses of vitamin C.
              9. limit usage of prescription medication as much as possible. If I have to take antibiotics, I'll compensate with probiotics later.

All stuff that the FDA and the medical community would like to stop me from doing
              mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Miroslav
                • Apr 2006

what I really need to do more of is aerobic exercise and make sure I get enough sleep at night...gets tough with school

Comment

• ShawnD64
                  Quickshot the Minute Man
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by floridaorange
                  Hehe, yah thats a paradox ...because if you figured out a way to include just a 30 min run, you would be more efficient in all of the other areas imo. I dont mean a 30 min run everyday either. If your already only eating dinner by taking a "quick break" sounds to me like you could leave work, run for 30, get home shower, work on music from 8-11, and use that time more efficiently, cutting out the tv part
                  true, i want to get running at work... but often i am too busy! as far as quick break for food...usually take out or just pasta (not taking the time to cook healthy...on of the problems). and tv is usually just when eating. you are also not realizing that i am fucking lazy!

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ShawnD64
                    true, i want to get running at work... but often i am too busy! as far as quick break for food...usually take out or just pasta (not taking the time to cook healthy...on of the problems). and tv is usually just when eating. you are also not realizing that i am fucking lazy!

LMFAO

Miro-
                    ^Wow, yah I do all of those things pretty much identically, and I was raised on none of that, as my parents raised us on the traditional southern American diet, lol. Sleep is a BIG one on my list, if you can't get enough sleep during the work week, its good to catch up on the weekends. Whats the story on wheat grass, in your opinion? I need to add more vegetables in my diet I know that, lately I've been eating brocolli, etc. Also, do you have any legit input on the dangers of energy drinks, like Monster Energy Drink in the morning instead of Coffee/Diet Coke? If not, Ask your parents for me please =)

Comment

• Miroslav
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by floridaorange
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ShawnD64

LMFAO

Miro-
                      ^Wow, yah I do all of those things pretty much identically, and I was raised on none of that, as my parents raised us on the traditional southern American diet, lol. Sleep is a BIG one on my list, if you can't get enough sleep during the work week, its good to catch up on the weekends. Whats the story on wheat grass, in your opinion? I need to add more vegetables in my diet I know that, lately I've been eating brocolli, etc. Also, do you have any legit input on the dangers of energy drinks, like Monster Energy Drink in the morning instead of Coffee/Diet Coke? If not, Ask your parents for me please =)
                      cool! That makes two of us on here I actually don't know anything about wheat grass or the energy drinks... I personally stick to one small black coffee daily. I will definitely ask them...they're still active in organic chemistry fields and this kind of stuff is basically a hobby for them now. They even turned my old room into an alternative health library once I moved out

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

YAAAAAH, ask'm. The library idea is awesome. My friend was raised a Christian Scientist so he's all into alternative health methods also...this is interesting stuff, right-on!

I hear coffee provides antioxidents but dry's the addrenals, lol a small cup does neither probably, haha

Comment

• Lorn
                          Looking for a title!
                          • Sep 2004

The best probiotic on the market imo is BioK. I eat it a couple times a week to make sure all the friendly bacteria in the intestine are rocking hard and long.

Comment

• day_for_night
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
                            4. take a variety of supplements - multivitamin, daily dose of minerals, daily dose of omega 3 fatty acids, etc.
                            can you recommend some good multivitamins and supplements to take?

Comment

• Miroslav
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Lorn
                              The best probiotic on the market imo is BioK. I eat it a couple times a week to make sure all the friendly bacteria in the intestine are rocking hard and long.
                              RAWK those probiotics!!!

Comment

Working...