X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lorn
    Looking for a title!
    • Sep 2004

Re: Health Junkies

^good for you bro. There is so much dairy consumed in this country that I'm sure the majority of people have a food allergy to it.

Comment

• Lorn
      Looking for a title!
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
      that bio k stuff is pretty entertaining. it's hard for me to fathom putting live bacteria in my body. i didn't know there were "good kinds", but this bio k stuff looks pretty interesting. i take multivitamins and fish oil capsules daily, but thats generally all i take. i might give the bio k stuff a whirl and see how it effects my system. is it expensive?

good thread, btw. intersting topic.

Definitely try it dude. At least for a week and see if you notice a difference. The downside to the bioK is its very expensive. But its the only probiotic on the market that guarantees fully live cultures rather than freeze dried like most of the capsules on the market are.

Anyone with a highly acidic lifestyle (ie. drink soda, coffee eat fast food and sugar) should be taking a supplement like this. It helps to balance the body back towards a more alkaline state which helps the body to combat illness and disease.

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

it's not a food allergy thing. It's more based on the fact that it has many wide-ranging effects on the body.

i've been a huge dairy consumer for most of my life. and, have, I think, as a result, been a bit on the large side because of it.

anyone notice how fat people from wisconsin can be?

anyways, i stopped dairy. it was really tough cause all i could think of was that glass of milk, or that ice cream, or those nachos, or that pizza.

that first week i thought i was experienceing some form of withdrawal.

but after i got through those first three days, it became a lot easier to avoid it. i was eating pineapple, apples, grapes, tons of brocolli and boil-in-a-bag rice. doing a lot fo asian-oriented (pun intended) cooking. started using tofu as well. since i've quite doing dairy, eating healthier has become a lot easier. and i've lost some really serious weight (about two lbs a week now).

i've read tons of information on why dairy is bad for you. i've always been a skeptic of things, but for me, all that information wasn't enough to convince me. So...instead, i decided to use my body as an experiment. And i'm glad i took on this challenge because it's helped me realize how easy it is to eat healthy, how fun it is to cook clean foods, and seeing the benefits. I won't look to the science and statistics of avoiding dairy products, I just think about how much better I feel and how much better I look because of this habit i've formed...

haven't had a single sinus headache this month...
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Lorn
          Looking for a title!
          • Sep 2004

Experimenting is the key. Finding out what works for your body and what doesn't. There are so many different body types and what they respond to can vary dramatically.

Eating a lot of one particular thing can cause a food allergy. I use that term in the context that the body will react to that food as if it doesn't like it anymore ie. allergy. Not that one is naturally allergic to a particular food. I would say the same goes for wheat as it does for dairy. Wheat is in most everything people eat these days. Don't eat wheat for a month and see how you feel.

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

What would happen? I eat everything wheat, lol. Its more important how your body reacts to the food you eat, than what food you choose to eat, if that makes sense...right?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Lorn
              Looking for a title!
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
              What would happen? I eat everything wheat, lol. Its more important how your body reacts to the food you eat, than what food you choose to eat, if that makes sense...right?
              Exactly. Thats why its always a test or experiment. One should be able to feel or determine whether what one eats is good for their body or not.

Comment

• CHiEF_N
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by threehills
                Do you have any literature on this? I did a search for my own curiosity and wasn't able to find anything conclusive saying aspartame was bad for you, assuming you weren't eating it by the pound. Just curious.
                Here's some good info. on aspartame.

^Existing Extraordinarily^

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Mahatma Ghandi~

Comment

• Lorn
                  Looking for a title!
                  • Sep 2004

Acai berry juice. I would consider it one of the best sources of antioxidants to date. I drink it everyday and can tell you I am sold on its property's. Check these links out.

Comment

• Dzone
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jul 2004

I've been away from all health eating & working out for nearly a month now (due to work & travel)...feel like shit & was planing to go 2day and i got flu..so i gota wait for couple of days till i feel better..... I miss not leading a healthy life style.

But hey ..im back to it soon
                    ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• Lorn
                      Looking for a title!
                      • Sep 2004

Flu sucks. Sorry dude.

Comment

• Dzone
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jul 2004

Cheers Lorn.... bloody flu ..fuckin hate it
                        ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• CHiEF_N
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Lorn
                          Acai berry juice. I would consider it one of the best sources of antioxidants to date. I drink it everyday and can tell you I am sold on its property's. Check these links out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C3%A7a%C3%AD
                          Interesting...I'll keep my eye on further research being done.
                          ^Existing Extraordinarily^

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Mahatma Ghandi~

Comment

• floridaorange
                            I'm merely a humble butler
                            • Dec 2005

An acai smoothie would be a solid breakfast, hmmm. Thanks for the tip lorn, I'm on it.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• anonin
                              Juvenile Delinquent
                              • Oct 2005

every morning i drink this shit called "barely green" its basically the juice of young barely plants, shit is the healthiest shit you can drink. Its excellent for overall body nutrition, and great for your skin. http://allonhealth.com/barleylife-green-juice.htm

i also have these vitamin b-12 tablets that i put under my tongue every morning which gives me energy and 16,666% of the daily reccomended dose of b-12.

Comment

Working...