X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fumanchu182
    Angantyr The Ruthless
    • Jun 2004

DWI and Depression, interlinked?

Okay so I am on the final leg of my suspension for my DWI and am crazy depressed because I love my car and I can't drive it. I love the fact that it can eat a vipers ass and yet still leave a funny look on that turboed b series honda car driver, like whoah I don't believe!

Nuff digression, I was seriously depressed as I paid my insurance surcharge to the DMV and well then these three tracks came up on the path train about a good 15-20 minutes later.

Audiofly X - Are We There Yet [Get Physical Music]
    Michael Johnson - Stockholm
    The Timewriter - Room Of A Million Rainbows (Extended Version) [Plastic City]
    Pascal Feos - Can't Get Enough [Level Non Zero]

I all of a sudden got fucking happy like gigly happy, my brain did like a belly flop onto hard cement and ceased to function. It was great, well here is to the all natural anti-depressant Progressive Dance Music!
    The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.
  • Lorn
    Looking for a title!
    • Sep 2004

Re: DWI and Depression, interlinked?

The music is the cure.

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Welcome to the club, here in San Diego, I literally do not know 1 person who hasn't gotten at least a DWI or DUI...costs at least $5K and yes, its very depressing, been there, feel ya!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Taylor Norris
        Platinum Poster
        • Oct 2005

thats rough bro
        music is a great remedy

Comment

• DancingQueen
          AVB FanClub | President
          • Oct 2005

OK, not to be mean or harsh, etc., but how do you go drinking and then get into a car and drive home or wherever? Do you not think that through?

You could have killed yourselves or worse, someone else. A DUI is getting off lucky, and being depressed about not being able to drive, I'm sorry but suck it up. I don't feel sorry for anyone who gets behind a wheel of a car after drinking and gets busted...not one ounce of pity. I am glad they caught you and took you off the road. I don't think a year suspension or whatever it is in your state is enough tbh.
          sigpic
          RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
          RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Kobe
            I wish I had an interesting User title
            • Jun 2004

Same here, I know dozens of people with a DWI/DUI, it's one of my biggest fears....
            Beats are my crack.

Comment

• ShawnD64
              Quickshot the Minute Man
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DancingQueen
              OK, not to be mean or harsh, etc., but how do you go drinking and then get into a car and drive home or wherever? Do you not think that through?

You could have killed yourselves or worse, someone else. A DUI is getting off lucky, and being depressed about not being able to drive, I'm sorry but suck it up. I don't feel sorry for anyone who gets behind a wheel of a car after drinking and gets busted...not one ounce of pity. I am glad they caught you and took you off the road. I don't think a year suspension or whatever it is in your state is enough tbh.
              agreed.
              http://soundcloud.com/scd64
              http://www.myspace.com/scd64
              http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

I was charged w. a WW, under the legal limit, and it was depressing...its an important lesson for sure, Btw, have you ever driven while holding a cell phone to your ear? Anybody?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Miroslav
                  WHOA I can change this!1!
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by fumanchu182
                  Okay so I am on the final leg of my suspension for my DWI and am crazy depressed because I love my car and I can't drive it. I love the fact that it can eat a vipers ass and yet still leave a funny look on that turboed b series honda car driver, like whoah I don't believe!

Nuff digression, I was seriously depressed as I paid my insurance surcharge to the DMV and well then these three tracks came up on the path train about a good 15-20 minutes later.

Audiofly X - Are We There Yet [Get Physical Music]
                  Michael Johnson - Stockholm
                  The Timewriter - Room Of A Million Rainbows (Extended Version) [Plastic City]
                  Pascal Feos - Can't Get Enough [Level Non Zero]

I all of a sudden got fucking happy like gigly happy, my brain did like a belly flop onto hard cement and ceased to function. It was great, well here is to the all natural anti-depressant Progressive Dance Music!
                  I understand it's inconvenient and even depressing not to be able to drive. You'll be able to soon enough... I hope that you've taken responsibility for your actions in your heart and know not to get behind the wheel again if you even think you're on the edge - it's just not worth risking your life or someone else's.
                  mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                    Anyone have Styx livesets?
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                    , Btw, have you ever driven while holding a cell phone to your ear? Anybody?
                    It should be banned too;
                    it doesnt make drink driving right!
                    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Lorn
                      Looking for a title!
                      • Sep 2004

Whats the difference between a DWI & DUI?

Comment

• DancingQueen
                        AVB FanClub | President
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                        It should be banned too;
                        it doesnt make drink driving right!
                        Exactly...talking on a phone while driving is also bad, but because people talk on a cell phone, doesn't excuse drinking and driving.
                        sigpic
                        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Kobe
                          I wish I had an interesting User title
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Lorn
                          Whats the difference between a DWI & DUI?
                          Driving under the influence / Driving while intoxicated, the differene being the BAC, which will vary by state, but obviously DWI is worse and carries a much heavier penalty.
                          Beats are my crack.

Comment

• KinKyJ
                            Platinum Poser
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DancingQueen
                            I don't think a year suspension or whatever it is in your state is enough tbh.
                            for life imo (your perspective kinda changes when your best friend is killed by a drunk driver)

Comment

• Lorn
                              Looking for a title!
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Kobe
                              Driving under the influence / Driving while intoxicated, the differene being the BAC, which will vary by state, but obviously DWI is worse and carries a much heavier penalty.

Gotcha...thanks.

Comment

Working...