X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threehills
    I heart Lollergirl
    • Jun 2005

Re: DWI and Depression, interlinked?

I fully agree with all the anti drunk driving comments, especially DQ's little vent. HOWEVER...in IMO, bars should be required by law to provide means for testing your BAC. Becuase honestly, here the law is a BAC of .08, but I really have no idea what that means. What does the smallest little buzz translate to in BAC levels? I have no standard of comparisons ( and thus dont' have more than two beers if driving to play it safe).
    It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• Kobe
      I wish I had an interesting User title
      • Jun 2004

I agree! ^ There are charts on-line that are APPROXIMATE guages for how many drinks an hour by hieght/weight, but still most people have no idea how that feels.

Generally speaking you don't want to go above a 1 drink/hour average.
      Beats are my crack.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
        • Jun 2004

0.08 is relatively high. As a rough guide .05 means for a male 2 drinks in the first hour and 1 drink each hour after that.

Australians have always had this information drilled in to us, we got on the don't drink and drive wagon decades ago and random breath testing has been done for at least 30 years.

Police can submit you to a breath test without any suspicion, and they can also set up road blocks and pull over as many cars as they like (this is what random breath testing is, on a busy road they will test maybe 15 cars over a 2 minute period).

You're bound to run in to random breath testing on a public holiday or even a friday or saturday night. No one kicks up a fuss about it, or cries about pirvacy concerns, as it keeps people who are only gonna kill someone off the roads. I wouldn't have it any other way.
        "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

Working...