• Show
Clear All
  • ribbario
    Underwater
    • Aug 2006

** Rotation Presents Jori Hulkkonen - 10 October 2004

I want to share this special mix -

[ REQUEST ]

** and i wonder if anyone has something else from this guy - especially sets from 2006 !!
    Mixes !!!
  • Lorn
    Looking for a title!
    • Sep 2004

Re: ** Rotation Presents Jori Hulkkonen - 10 October 2004

Never heard of the guy.

Thank for the share.

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

^^^ Scandinavian house DJ. Quite a long time since I heard that guy. Thx for the share ribbario! Ibiza blues, mmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

• Lorn
        Looking for a title!
        • Sep 2004

Scandinavian?! Awesome..

Comment

• ribbario
          Underwater
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by KinKyJ
          ^^^ Scandinavian house DJ. Quite a long time since I heard that guy. Thx for the share ribbario! Ibiza blues, mmmmmmmmmmmm

Dj & producer !!! Jori Hulkkonen (born 1973) comes from the north of Finland,
          Now, Jori is living in Helsinki, the capital of Finland, has a monthly residency in Finlands number one club, Kerma, has two radioshows on national RadioMafia radiostation, and his DJing travels have taken him from Golden Gate to Red Square, and things are just starting to warm up... Apart from a busy DJing schedule, the last year has been spent in the studio putting finishing touches for the new album on F communications. Featuring vocal contributions from Chris Udoh of The Wamdue Kids and Paul Oxley, and a collaboration with Tuomas Salmela (20:20 vision), the album sees Jori expanding his sound to a more organic direction, but still keeping faithful for the classic electronic vibe...

In 2006 Jori's been spending quite a bit of time in the studio pulling out new tricks from his infinitely long sleeve; new 12's are coming out on labels such as F... U Fcom (as Hösh!), ADLTD (as Hienostunut Sonni), Get Physical Music (collaboration with Tuomas Salmela as Discemi), and Keys Of Life (with Tuomas again, now as Boys On Tape), cool remixes for artists like Newcleus, Five Corners Quintet, Phonogenic and Spyritual.

The good response for the track "Lo-Fiction" on Jori's 2005 album Dualizm was the catalyst that resulted collaborator Jerry Valuri and Jori to record a full album on the same principle. They call themselves Processory and the selftitled debut album will be released on February 14th 2007.

one more if someone is interested

Jori Hulkkonen @ Mix Set 2003

Mixes !!!

Comment

• AntonyM
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2004

Jori is badass
            Great find
            Seen his sets here once or twice
            Deep acidic minimal, he gets around
            Worth the download
            Originally posted by Shpira
            So came back last night...
            Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
            Originally posted by Illuminate
            Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
            2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
            3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
            4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• stev0b
              Getting Somewhere
              • Apr 2007

01. ID
              02. Djinxx - In Your Heart Again
              03. Nick Holder - Magic Carpet Ride (Paradise III)
              04. José González - Crosses (Jori Holkonnen Mix)
              05. ID
              06. Astrid Suryanto & Dave Micalizzi - More & More (Ole Skool Dub)
              07. Adam Sky & Shafiq Ettienne - Larynx
              08. Undo - Mirrorball (Kiki & Silversurfer Warehouse Daze Remix)
              09. Märtini Brös - Big & Dirty (Tiga Remix)
              10. DJ T - Time Out (Acid Dub)
              11. Nathan Fake - The Sky Was Pink (Holden Remix)
              12. Jori Hulkkonen - Fermi Paradox
              13. Jesper Dahlbäck - Astridson
              14. ID

Last edited by stev0b; March 2, 2013, 03:30:38 PM.

Comment

• gsturm
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

I've been listening this mix off and on since it surfaced in 04. It's genius. Big & Dirty is one of the nastiest tracks ever made. His essential mix from a year or two before this is one of the best e mixes ever.

Comment

Working...