• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

state of the union preview(summized)

bush-
    "domestically, we are pretty good to be honest, not much to complain about outside SS running out.
    (pause while he re-memorizes the page)
    internationally we are fucked, but i dont care, sorry, god tells me to bring democracy tot he worlds cesspool between europe and asia. thanks, bye"

(boos and cheers)
    cut to pelosi and clinton so they can be cunts on TV, again.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

Re: state of the union preview(summized)

i find it amusing that the democrats already have a public response to the state of the union speech, and they've not even heard it yet.

Comment

• thesightless
      • Jun 2004

bush is an idiot, but the democrats are actually worse. i really cant see anything positive coming from them in the next 10 years. they ignore every bad thing to tell us how great things are. jackasses the lot of them.

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
        i find it amusing that the democrats already have a public response to the state of the union speech, and they've not even heard it yet.
        1. The substance of the speech has already been released by the Republicans -- it was all over the news this morning. They may not have heard the actual words, but the message is out there.
        2. Is there anything he could say that would be a surprise to anyone?

With that being the landscape, there's not much reason to wait for him to actually say it...

Who plans to watch it? I'd like to say I will because I try to keep up on such things, but (1) I know what he's going to say, (2) I don't believe a word out of his mouth anymore, and (3) it bums me out to watch the guy -- being reminded that this clown is actually our president is tough to take.

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

stop whining hippie. god, you really became a whiney cunt.

i cant watch. suns/wizards at 7 on NBA TV.

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty

Who plans to watch it?
            Not i. i know the state of the union, i live in it.

Besides, got an original NES for christmas, and i'm geeked to play super mario brothers again, which is leaps and bounds more important than listening to the president.

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
              stop whining hippie. god, you really became a whiney cunt.
              Not whining, just stating a fact. Our president is a moron. That doesn't inspire me to take time out of my day to watch him.

Comment

• thesightless
                • Jun 2004

cant argue there, jenks is indeed a douche.
                Last edited by thesightless; January 23, 2007, 10:55:45 PM.

Comment

• Lorn
                  Looking for a title!
                  • Sep 2004

Haven't watched one of these for the past few years.

Comment

• thesightless
                    • Jun 2004

i watched the one after 911. thats it.

hey i fully admit i like what the admin is doing in certain areas, but i cant fathom targeting iraq until the afghan mission is done. his attitude disturbs me the most on that. he could actually save face and hurt the dems if he just said to the world " our government is no longer held by a republican majority, so we are pulling out. too bad, the democrats dont care about you, you are on your own, enjoy the mehndi milita taking control sorry." then pull out of there, leave no one, not even advisors, and say "not my fault", sure its the stupid thing to do, but its what this country wants, and a decent speechwriters could flip it back on the dems, dragging them into the same light he is reagrding the sand people.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                      My dick is smaller
                      • Nov 2006

Bush and Hillary are one and the same. Except that Hillary is more ruthless.
                      you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• apollo_1444
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2006

I can't believe why did they applauded him every sentence that was a joke I thought the dems where an opposition.

Comment

• BSully828
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

That's the custom, which is exactly why I always skip the live broadcast and read the transcript.

The State of the Union is really nothing more than a pep rally, its been that way for years. Don't expect any ground breaking announcements by the President or serious political statements by the opposition. This address has more traditional value than anything and it would be in very, very bad taste for the (in this case) Democrats to pull some PR stunt to show their dissastisfaction - especially since they just regained some control/popular public opinion. Usually they wait until after the event to do that.

Basically the President's job at this speech is to stand up there and comment on three things :

1. Look at what we've done! applause applause applause
                          2. Look at what we're going to do! applause applause applause
                          3. Look at what still needs to be done! applause applause applause

Then finish with a big, "America - Fuck Yeah! God Bless, I'm out." Then all the politicos get whipped up in a froth, throw some streamers and paint on their cars and then tear down the goalposts.
                          Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;
                          a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

Comment

• Lorn
                            Looking for a title!
                            • Sep 2004

Anybody watch?

Comment

• toasty
                              Sir Toastiness
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Lorn
                              Anybody watch?
                              I ended up watching most of it. Yawn. The most interesting part was watching Cheney and Pelosi in the background to see what would draw their applause and what would not. Indeed, the crowd was a lot more entertaining to watch than the speech itself. My personal favorite moments (from CNN's broadcast):

-One Democratic Senator (whom I did not recognize) who was slumped in his chair and looked as bored as a 7 year old trying to sit through a church service. Somebody needed to give that guy a Gameboy or something.
                              -Pelosi trying to be the first person to spring up to applaud at certain moments -- she was very aware that she was in every shot and that her reaction to what Bush said would be noticed.
                              -An unfortunately ironic moment for McCain, who appeared to be winking at someone when Bush was discussing earmarks and lobbyist kickbacks. I say ironic because I gather he has a nervous condition that causes that sort of thing and he probably wasn't actually winking at anyone, but it couldn't have come at a worse time.
                              -A similarly unfortunately ironic moment for Obama, who appeared to be staring at the floor during a portion of the speech on Iraq. Note to democratic presidential hopefuls: try to look engaged when discussing national security.
                              -The bizarre, shit-eating grin Cheney had on his face while Bush was discussing energy policy. He looked like the cat that ate the canary. Again, it probably didn't have anything to do with anything, but the timing was ironic.

As for the content of the speech, no surprises. Rah, rah, sis boom bah. Same ol', same ol'...

Comment

Working...