Anyone go?

Heard some mixed reviews.
    Forward thinking house music
  • fletcher
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2005

Re: Digweed in Fabric last saturday

It was a good night, but not the best.

Funk D'Void and Terry Francis in room 2 were very good though... twisted techno and a great atmosphere in the "dark rave tunnel" as usual.

I think my problem was that we spent 4 hours in the techno room before even attempting the main room for Digweed because it was so rammed, then it took us a while to get into the tempo.

As we entered the main room (about 4am) Digweed was just mixing in Antena - Camino Del Sol (Joakim Remix) and it looked like we were in for a treat!

However, the room was still stupidly rammed which really puts a downer on the proceedings. People barging past from every direction, and you have to do the barging too in order to get anywhere. Its stupid.

By 6am Digweed had upped the tempo and was dropping some techy beasts with some big drops, didnt recognise any of the tracks. Also, some people had started to leave so the dancefloor was getting a bit more bearable.

However, i found the music a little monotonous and lacking melody and those monster tracks you expect Digweed to drop into an extended mix. It was good music and i didnt stop dancing for the duration, but a bit too samey for too long...

By 7:30 we had had enough, and queued to get coats and negotiate the london underground. By all accounts he carried on mixing until gone 8:30, and threw in a couple of classics for those who had stuck it out (Orbital - Lush has been mentioned on the Bedrock board).

I wish i had stuck it out, but it had been a very long day (had been to Twickenham to see England beat Italy, which was also a slightly disappointing game despite the win!).

All in all a good night out, and John is still my favourite dj. I saw Saturday night as a warm-up to Bedrock in April....
    http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• fletcher
      Platinum Poster
      • Jul 2005

p.s

I also have to mention the fabric soundsystem. Its amazing in all three rooms, its not like they have scrimped on the smaller sections of the building. Room 1 is out of this world.

Photos up tonight after ive downloaded my phone. My friend took some videos, ill try and grab them off him. No sound recordings though hehe ;-)

Comment

• hashhead
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

i was there

it was bleeding marvellous

think i didnt leave the club until the back of 9

as for tracks that got played.......yeah he played a track off of northern exposure and the only other one i remember was the remix of 'Psych-out' (i think!?!?!)

and im sure he held back for most of the night.....the previous times ive seen him in heaven he has really been pounding it out, but not as full on this time

and yes, had to add that both dj's before hand were superb as well.....quigley and gerber

Comment

• KinKyJ
          Platinum Poser
          • Jun 2004

Nice review fletch. Normally I had been there too but well yeah... Next time, I swear!

Comment

• AndyH
            Platinum Poster
            • May 2005

I was disappointed with the 2 other sets to be honest. Both of them were too up and down for me, I like a nice smooth progression. Digweed more than made up for it though. About 6am there was a period of about 5 tunes in a row which were absolute,eyes rolling in the back of your head, monsters which only Digweed can string together so perfectly. Unfortunately I had a horrendus hangover and so was exhausted by 7am and had to leave

Roll on April I say!!!
            [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• Morgan
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Fabric is great if you can put up with the drunken twats and the foolish tourists.

Bedrock at Heaven is always so much better, the crowd is always great, a real proper atomsphere.

Where would you rather see Diggers Fundacion or Twilo?
              "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• fletcher
                Platinum Poster
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Morgan
                Fabric is great if you can put up with the drunken twats and the foolish tourists.
                this is usually the case, but the crowd on saturday seemed pretty clued up, not the usual idiots. The advanced tickets had sold out so i guess most people were there because of Digweed, not because they happened to be in the UK for a couple of days and wanted to go clubbing (I blame TimeOut magazine).

Really cant wait for Easter Bedrock

Comment

• funky_monkey
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2004

This was by far one of the worst Digweed sets I have heard in years. I started dull and went nowhere. Boring plodding techno all way long, the first two hours were so monotonus that I was constatntly asking myslef wtf?, few asskicking tunes, weak buildup. Seriosly Guy Gerber owned Digweed big time with his track selection that night. Needless to say I gave up and went home at 6.30 which is not sth I normally do on Diggers' gigs.

Plus tons of etards that had no fvcking clue what was going on
                  --The world is always three drinks behind--

Comment

• peloquin
                    Till I Come!
                    • Jun 2004

what time do headliners in room 1 normally go on? bout midnight?

im coming over at the end of march and going to fabric on the 30th - carl craig is playing (my all time fave producer)

Comment

• funky_monkey
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fletcher
                      Really cant wait for Easter Bedrock
                      Any details on this one available?
                      --The world is always three drinks behind--

Comment

• fletcher
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by peloquin
                        what time do headliners in room 1 normally go on? bout midnight?

im coming over at the end of march and going to fabric on the 30th - carl craig is playing (my all time fave producer)

Digweed started at 3am, but there were 2 supporting djs.

If its just Carl Craig and Craig Richards on your night, chances are Carl Craig will start about 2am, and they might even get some back to back action at the end.

Comment

• peloquin
                          Till I Come!
                          • Jun 2004

carl craig, craig richards, and rob mello

problem is i fly in 2 days before so i am worried that with jetlag i might not be able to go that late... but i definately want to see carl craig for a couple of hours at least

Comment

• fletcher
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by funky_monkey
                            Any details on this one available?
                            The home of John Digweed's Bedrock Records

Room 1
                            John Digweed
                            Jimmy Van M

Room 2
                            SOS

Room 3
                            Jonathan Lisle
                            Neil Quigley

Boyaka

Comment

• fletcher
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by peloquin
                              carl craig, craig richards, and rob mello

problem is i fly in 2 days before so i am worried that with jetlag i might not be able to go that late... but i definately want to see carl craig for a couple of hours at least
                              2 days to recover is plenty of time!

Comment

Working...