X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Windows XP WinDVD4

why the fuck wont this computer play my dvd's?
    i stick it in both drives and it doesn't even show up as having a disc in the computer.
    WinDVD4 gives me an update option everytime i open it but i looked and you have to pay for that shit.
    umm fuck that this computer plays dvd's
    i tried opening it several ways but nothing worked.

anyone got a clue for a moron?
  • Hg_addict
    Addiction started
    • Dec 2005

Re: Windows XP WinDVD4

Are you sure the computer has a DVD drive?

Comment

• dante_k
      Addiction started
      • Aug 2005

Steve it might have something to do with the fact that you dont have a MAC!

Comment

• Lorn
        Looking for a title!
        • Sep 2004

Or the computer you have is a female one.

Comment

• Shpira
          Angry Boy Child
          • Oct 2006

That happened to me before... try restarting the computer and make sure you take the dvd's out and that drive's are empty before hand. That worked for me and if that doesn't work i suggest downloading a different program?
          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Jibgolly
            Vortexuralizor
            • Jun 2004

well it says DVD ROM on it, and i used to rent movies and watch them on here when my real dvd player broke.

i will try restarting.

Comment

• lilsensa
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

use windows media player if all else fails
              RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• supaz
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Are you putting the disc in correctly? label side up, shiny side down...

Comment

• Jibgolly
                  Vortexuralizor
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lilsensa
                  use windows media player if all else fails
                  wmp gives shit quality to dvd's. i'd rather not watch them.

Originally posted by supaz
                  Are you putting the disc in correctly? label side up, shiny side down...

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

try find a different dvd player on the web. Try download.com

also didnt you re-install your system a few months back. WMP doesnt play dvds by default (not sure what version you are using). You might need to download + install DVD Codecs. Google around.
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                    Originally posted by ace_dl
                    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                      • Jun 2004

1. For licensing reasons windows XP does not come with a DVD player codec installed. This is provided in the OEM package for your DVD drive.

2. Once you have a player/codec installed, you will be able to play your DVDs in either the software in question, or in windows media player (which doesn't "give shit quality to DVDs")

3. For some strange reason, you're using a demo version of WinDVD. You would have got a fully working and fully functioning DVD playing software package with your computer. It's tied to the DVD drive and you're fully entitled to own this piece of software, in fact it's the main legitimate way to be able to play DVDs on your computer.

Check the cds you would've got when you first bought your computer, as I said they're required to give this to you as it's rightfully yours and windows can't play dvds without it.

If you were never given the cd go and hassle the guy who sold you the computer - it's your software and he's meant to give it to you. If you put the computer together yourself he's still required to give you this software when you purchase the drive.

Most of the time with these OEM players they give you the cd in a paper sleeve with the cd key for their software on the paper sleeve. Look around. You should never toss this cd.
                      "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• unkownartist
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2005

This is probably not the page you’re looking for. Sorry about that.

Comment

Working...