X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrantT
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

.AUdio on Proton Feb 15: Alex Smoke LIVE, Tim Culbert & DJ Trinity

Hello everyone! .AUdio is back for another killer installment, and in the theme of Valentine's I'm absolutely sure you'll fall in love with the three-part show on offer.

Och laddy! It's none other than Scotsman Alex Smoke with a supremely fresh, exclusive live set I recorded from The Laundry in Sydney on January 28 - so when I say it's fresh, I mean it! (And that's "live" as in LIVE .. not live as in DJ set!) Alex covered an absolutely stunning soundscape of sounds, riding through minimal tech and house with a smattering of well-timed live effects throughout. The dark, moody cave room was the perfect setting for Alex to get us all rocking and I'm very pleased to be able to bring you the complete live set. You just gotta have it!

Parts 2 and 3 of .AUdio are from our own home-grown stunners, with .AUdio resident Tim Culbert setting just the right tone after Alex and then we have a newcomer to the show in the form of DJ Trinity. Timmy boy has delivered a slightly different mix than his other installments, so make sure you stay on board. Tim's renowned for a quality level above the rest - just what you'd expect from .AUdio of course! Trinity's handed in a cracker of a set, and I'm really pleased to have her submission for Feb. She's made a name for herself on the Sydney circuit by way of her excellent Loose Kaboose party series and sticking to her guns - solid, quality underground music played really well. Now that sounds good to me!

Sooooooo... let's get with the times. Here we go:

New York: Feb 15, Thu 5pm
    LA: Feb 15, Thu 2pm
    London: Feb 15, Thu 10pm
    Sydney: Feb 16, Fri 9am

.AUdio - you know you want it. Thanks for listening!
    Australia's best - .AUdio on www.protonradio.com
  • rubyraks
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: .AUdio on Proton Feb 15: Alex Smoke LIVE, Tim Culbert & DJ Trinity

Grant, you consistently bring the goods and I salute you for it!

Keep em coming...
    "Work like you don't need the money.
    Love like you've never been hurt.
    Dance like nobody's watching.
    Sing like nobody's listening.
    Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• Lorn
      Looking for a title!
      • Sep 2004

Sweet. Good times!

Comment

• ddr
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

alex smoke, cannot wait. keep em comin grant!
        "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• GrantT
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Guys ... seriously ... top, top fucking set and awesome support material to boot! Check out the commentary from those who were actually there:

what a night

the Laundry was rammed & going off & so was the Cave

Alex Smoke was insane such good music

Wicked set from Mr Smoke! Loved the way he brought hints of familiar melodies into the mix at different points.

That was fuckin dope. So many times I just had to stand there with my eyes closed and get lost in how intricate it was.

fucking brilliant!!! smoke was everything i had hoped for and more1!!!! really impressed with his live performnance. most live acts go astray - a little hit and miss - but smoke hit the nail right on the head!!

awesome night.

Smoke was rad...! That last track he played was superb

Alex Smoke fucking rocks. What a champion, I really loved that set.

He makes some seriously awesome, complex, intricate & well crafted music.

Fking awesome night. Danced non stop from 12.30 till close of cave. Alex Smoke was brilliant, one of the best sets I have heard in a while. He made it look so easy too! It seemed over so fast though.

wow. that was brilliant.

Top night. Just popped in to see Smoke for a sober one and he played an awesome set.

Smoke was just what I wanted.

Smoke was wicked

Smoke - faultless. Brilliant from start to finish.

Alex Smoke was fantastic , loved every second of it

i was very impressed

Smoke killed it. Simply killed it.

Alex smoke killed it. Best set I've heard out in ages. Niceone.

Wicked night. Alex smoke was fucking off the wall!

that was wicked.

alex smoke killed it!

Wicked night, loved every minute of it! Storming tunes and a lot of variety kept me going all night.

Alex Smoke was fantastic, loved every second of his set, awesome music!

Alex Smoke fucking KILLED IT!! AMAZING. One of if not the best live act I've ever seen. His use of Ableton is completely next level - and musically he covered all bases from Vakant material to Incommunicado to Paradolia + more. Laundry was pumping, vibe was through the roof. Great club overall, the Cave in particular is tres cool. Excellent system as well. Much respect to Paul and the Laundry gang for a fantastic night!

fuckin tip top.. had a blast.. played heaps of unreleased shit

And if you want to read the full review then click here.

.AUdio - downunderground.

Comment

• GrantT
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

Show starts in just under 3 hours from now ... so get on board.

Comment

• GrantT
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

Started!

Comment

Working...