X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

Zambrano

While i do hate anyone who refers to themselves in the third person, except Castanza, he does have a point. Cubs spent alllll that money and didn't secure one of the top 5 pitchers in the league. Stoooopid!!!

First time Jenks has really seen quotes from him tho, and Jenks thinks he sounds like a fucking jerkoff.
  • Bryanw24
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: Zambrano

As a Cubs fan I would be really upset with the organization if they let this guy go! He is by far the best pitcher on the team and is among the top in the league. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they let him go though.

Comment

• Jenks
      I'm kind of a big deal.
      • Jun 2004

it's probably going to take close to 100 mil to keep that guy, i just don't see how they can do it.

Comment

• Bryanw24
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

Yea neither do I. I was just scanning over the front page on ESPN.com and one of the headlines read "Watch your step: Cubs' Woods hurt in hot tub spill"

hthttp://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2767126tp://

I don't think they are ever going to have a full season with the big 3 pitches healthy all year long.

Comment

• Lrn
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jan 2005

ive been the that cubs stadium in mesa, sure the cubs fans are hardcore, but that organization is retarded. they have as much chance to win the world series as the a's do of signing their free agents

Comment

• Bryanw24
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

THANK GOD!!!!!! It looks like the Cubs have him for at least 1 more year according to the Cubs web site. I looks like to me that they are going to give Wood and Prior 1 last chance to stay healthy and pitch the way they are capable of. If they don't you can bet the house that one if not both of them are gone and then the Cubs will have plenty of money to sign him to a long term contract.

I know they have been the laughing joke of the majors but I really have a good feeling about this season.The entire staff will have to stay healthy, D Lee, A Ramirez & Soriano to have big years and they could very well be right in the running even if the Cards are in their division.

(INSERT YOUR JOKES HERE) I am used to it but for some reason I think this could be their year.

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

You were the guy who said the Cubs will win the central last year.

I'm just sayin.

really tho, they've got a good shot. You're banking on a lot of what ifs tho, especially when talking about health and pitching, two things that were not addressed, and have been one of the Cubs problems.

Comment

• Bryanw24
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

No I am the not the guy who said the Cubs would win the central, and I am not saying they are a lock this year. I'm just saying that this "could" be a good year if they get a few breaks and their pitching staff can stay healthy for any length of time. Last year I don't think they had their starting rotation all healthy at the same time at all so yes I know it's a big if. Derek Lee missing almost all of last season didn't help either. The Cards are the champs and will be the champs until somebody knocks them off. All I am saying is that if a few things go in their favor they can make some things interesting.

Comment

• Jenks
                  I'm kind of a big deal.
                  • Jun 2004

The Cubs actually beat the piss out of the Cards all last year. They just couldn't beat anyone else.

Comment

• Bryanw24
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jun 2004

Yea I can't remember what the series record was but I think the first series in STL was a sweep but I could be wrong. But like you said they couldn't beat anyone else. If I'm not mistaken it was the first year in 15-20 years that the Cubs won a regular season series against the Cards. I can't remember exactly what it was but it was something that was really hard to believe. Even in 92 with Ryno, Grace and the Hawk Andre Dawson and also Shawn ( I had a cannon for an arm) Dunston, the Cubs didn't even win a series then either. Once again I'm not 100% for sure on it but it was somewhere along those lines. Oh well we will see what happens this year. I am also making my first trip to Wrigley this year. I've seen the Cubs play but never at home. I was at game 3 against the Braves in ATL in 2003. Actually Zambrano pitched against Mike Hampton who is from the same high school I went to.

Comment

Working...