X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

The Genius of Strength

Not going to post this entire blog post because it is quite long, but it's a great read if you have an interest politics -- not the ideology, but the gamemanship. Check it out:

We're no longer discussing withdrawal, instead we're debating escalation. The Bush people changed the playing field by coming over the top of the Democrats.

Here's a preview of the first few paragraphs:

In the 2006 election the American people made it clear that they wanted out of Iraq. They replaced 36 Republicans with Democrats in the House and the Senate, and they didn't remove a single Democrat. Yes, there were other factors, but overall, the message was a resounding 36-0 drubbing. The Democrats are right, let's get out of Iraq. It's not working.

So, what did President Bush do? He decided to put more troops in. Genius. I'll tell you why.

Because we're no longer discussing withdrawal, instead we're debating escalation. The Bush people changed the playing field by coming over the top of the Democrats. They moved the discussion from one where they were playing defense to one where they are playing offense.

So, now the Democrats have introduced legislation to discuss, debate and challenge the escalation - and have done absolutely nothing about withdrawal.

Then, the Republicans went on the offense again -as they always do - and charged that the Democrats weren't supporting the troops since they were considering the only thing they could do to stop the war - cut off funding. And for the one billionth time in a row, the suckers fell for it again.
  • Lorn
    Looking for a title!
    • Sep 2004

Re: The Genius of Strength

Poker.

Comment

• 88Mariner
      My dick is smaller
      • Nov 2006

Can Congress withdraw troops?

or can they withdraw funding?

I would bet the Dems would do NEITHER until they have a firm hold on the white house.

If they did it before 2008, they'd not only be painted as defeatists, but they'd lose thier ONE rallying cry in the upcoming presidential elections.

If they somehow got the America Armed Forces to retreat from Iraq, they couldn't use withdrawal as a platform of thier campaign now could they?

They won't do it. And this is a strategic move.

They'll keep the troops there until it's in thier advantage to actually walk the walk.
      you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

here,. a prediction from me, write it down, cuz like last years baseball predictions, this one will be spot on as well.

we wil move out in early 2009, with a similar amoung of violence occuring. the democrats will abandon iraq completely in terms of security and military aid. chaose will ensue, and even more ppl will hate the USA than ever.

book it.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• FM
          Wooooooo!
          • Jun 2004

but people in the US will LOVE the Democrats because they pulled out of Iraq and will think that all's well in the world again. The media will stop reporting on the constant unrest and civil warfare over there, sans for a couple of stories.
          FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
          "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
          Facebook!
          A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

that's making the presumption that the Democrats can single-handedly do ALL OF THIS!

All the Dems can do at this point is cut funding. Which they won't. Again, why haven't they done this?
            you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• thesightless
              Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
              . Which they won't. Again, why haven't they done this?

do you want to be the person to tell the 19 year old from omaha that he isnt getting a protective vest, no armor on the hummer he drives? lack of medical supplies?

this is why they cannot cut funding. this is why we should just start committing war crimes and declare martial law over there, and go house to house and find out who the fuck is making all these bombs, and where the supplies are coming from.
              your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
              download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Shpira
                Angry Boy Child
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by thesightless
                do you want to be the person to tell the 19 year old from omaha that he isnt getting a protective vest, no armor on the hummer he drives? lack of medical supplies?

this is why they cannot cut funding. this is why we should just start committing war crimes and declare martial law over there, and go house to house and find out who the fuck is making all these bombs, and where the supplies are coming from.
                You seem pretty keen why don't you enlist?
                Maybe they will even make a film about your exploits... "The cleansing of Baghdad"
                The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                  that's making the presumption that the Democrats can single-handedly do ALL OF THIS!

All the Dems can do at this point is cut funding. Which they won't. Again, why haven't they done this?
                  Because they're pussies?

Comment

• Lorn
                    Looking for a title!
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                    even more ppl will hate the USA than ever.

book it.
                    That part is for sure.

Comment

• Morgan
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

The USA has long term goal in the Iraq to safeguard the big fat oil contracts awarded to Bush's mates. Any withdrawal will be small and media hyped.

The big British withdrawal is not as big as the hype suggests.
                      "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• subterFUSE
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Morgan
                        The USA has long term goal in the Iraq to safeguard the big fat oil contracts awarded to Bush's mates. Any withdrawal will be small and media hyped.

The big British withdrawal is not as big as the hype suggests.

The USA has a long term goal of ensuring uninterrupted oil flow to the country, because oil is the single most important resource for human life in the modernized world. Oil is more important for life than fresh water. Hell... Oil is basically needed to make our fresh water... and to get it to us. I keep telling you guys this.... don't underestimate the importance of oil. It is absolutely critical to our lives... each and every one of us... and it goes so far beyond powering cars. This isn't about helping a few corporations. It's much bigger than that. It's about ensuring the survival of the 300 million people and growing, in our country. And that's just the USA. The same in true around the world. Without oil, everyone in the modern world is fucked. Millions would die. That's just how it is. And every day that passes, the problem gets worse because our populations are increasing.

And the British pullout is nothing to get excited about. The British are only pulling out of areas which have been secured. Basically, they are doing exactly what Bush has said he will do.... work until the Iraqi's are trained enough to take control, and then give them control. That's all that is happening here. The liberal press might be hyping it to sound like the British are caving in and pulling out prematurely..... this is not the case.

Comment

Working...