Clear All
  • subterFUSE
    Gold Gabber
    • Nov 2006

No One Dare Criticize Hillary Clinton

Newsletter:

NO ONE DARE CRITICIZE HILLARY CLINTON!
    By DICK MORRIS & EILEEN MCGANN
    February 21, 2007 -- There?s a new mortal sin in American politics: criticizing Hillary Clinton.
    Nobody?s allowed to do it.
    Certainly none of her opponents. If they dare to, Hillary sends in one of her boys, who practically accuses them of being un-American.
    In January, without ever mentioning Hillary?s name and before she was even a candidate, John Edwards dared to express the view that silence on the Iraq War was ?betrayal.? Ignoring the substance of Edwards? speech, Clinton gun slinger Howard Wolfson immediately shot from the hip, attacking him for waging a negative campaign:
    ?In 2004, John Edwards used to constantly brag
    about running a positive campaign. Today, he
    has unfortunately chosen to operate his campaign
    with political attacks on Democrats who are fighting
    the Bush administration?s Iraq policy.?

If you like the idea of censorship of critical political speech, you?ll love Hillary Clinton as President.

To Hilary, open political discourse apparently means that her opponents and their surrogates are free to compliment her. If they do otherwise, it?s off with their heads.
    Not even supporters of Hillary?s opponents are allowed to disparage her. If they do, the wrath of Hillary surfaces and it is not a pretty sight.
    The latest sinner is Hollywood superstar David Geffen. Geffen used to be an avid supporter of the Clintons ? he raised over $18 million for them in the past. But no more. Now the Dreamworld founder is backing Obama ? and he?s not afraid to say so.
    That?s why Hillary wants him banished to political Siberia.
    Geffen gave an interview to New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd. Here?s a few tidbits from him that apparently rankled Hillary:

?? I don?t think that another incredibly polarizing figure, no matter how smart she is and no matter how ambitious she is ? and God knows, is there anybody more ambitious than Hillary Clinton? ? can bring the country together.?

?Obama is inspirational, and he?s not from the Bush royal family or the Clinton royal family. ?

?It?s not a very big thing to say, ?I made a mistake? on the war, and typical of Hillary Clinton that she can?t,?

Geffen also call Bill Clinton ?a reckless guy? who ?gave his enemies a lot of ammunition to hurt him and to distract the country.?

Hillary was outraged at what she called these ?vicious? and ?personal? attacks against her and her husband by Geffen.
    Vicious? Those comments were vicious?
    Yes, to Hillary, they were. So, the Clinton camp wasted no time in trotting out Howard Wolfson to once again defend the honor of the heiress apparent and call for Geffen?s head. This time even an apology wouldn?t be enough: Hillary demanded that Obama dump Geffen and return the $1.3 million that he raised for Obama because of Geffen?s negative comments about the frontrunner and her husband.
    That would make things a lot easier for Hillary, wouldn?t it? In the world according to Hillary, there?s no place in politics for anyone who doesn?t love her and Bill.
    Unfortunately for Hillary, Obama doesn?t seem to be shaking in his boots. In response to Hillary?s tirade, his campaign pointed out her hypocrisy and ignored her ridiculous demands. Obama?s spokesman pointedly refused to get in the middle of a Clinton- Geffen war.
    ?It is ironic that the Clintons had no problem with David Geffen when he was raising the $18 million and sleeping at their invitation in the Lincoln bedroom.
    ?It is also ironic that Senator Clinton lavished praise on Monday and is fully willing to accept today the support of South Carolina Senator Robert Ford who said if Barack Obama were to win the nomination, he would drag down the rest of the Democratic Party because he?s black.?

(Remember Ford: he?s the guy that signed a $200,000 contract with the Clinton campaign right before he endorsed Hillary)
    Hillary has never been tolerant of open political debate if that means people can legitimately criticize or publicly disagree with her. Now she?s become even more dogmatic, arrogantly believing that her frontrunner status is tantamount to a coronation. She seems to believe that it is an act of war for a fellow democrat to even challenge her for the nomination. If they disagree with her, they need to be punished and sent to their room.
    Watch for more of this imperial behavior. It?s her trademark and it will be the signature of a Hillary Clinton presidency. She learned a thing or two from Richard Nixon.
  • Lorn
    Looking for a title!
    • Sep 2004

Re: No One Dare Criticize Hillary Clinton

Off with there heads!

Comment

• subterFUSE
      Gold Gabber
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Lorn
      Off with there heads!

their

Comment

• superdave
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Hillary is upset because Obama doesn't know his place according to her. I'm glad Obama and the Democrats like Geffen are standing up to the Clintons.

She shouldn't just be given the Presidency because she's a Clinton. I dislike her more now because her huge ego is being shown clearly. I've said before and I'll say again that we need to quit electing politicians because they have a name. No more Clinton or Bush candidates for President for a long time unless they deserve it. This is America not a monarchy of royalty where power stays in one or two families. I don't recall Clintons and Bushs being annointed to run this country.
        Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

Honestly, I don't understand Hilary's beef with Obama vis-a-vis Geffen at all. Geffen used to be a Clinton supporter. He isn't any more, and now directs his support to Obama. And Obama is obligated to return that money why? Just because someone once supported you does not entitle you to their future support, nor does it prohibit them from supporter other people. It doesn't entitle you to shit beyond the support as it exists at any one moment in time.

It seems so self-evident to me. "I had him first, so now no one can" is just such an incredibly lame argument. Honest question, is there more to the story? Seems ridiculous to me.

Comment

• subterFUSE
            Gold Gabber
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by toasty
            Honestly, I don't understand Hilary's beef with Obama vis-a-vis Geffen at all. Geffen used to be a Clinton supporter. He isn't any more, and now directs his support to Obama. And Obama is obligated to return that money why? Just because someone once supported you does not entitle you to their future support, nor does it prohibit them from supporter other people. It doesn't entitle you to shit beyond the support as it exists at any one moment in time.

It seems so self-evident to me. "I had him first, so now no one can" is just such an incredibly lame argument. Honest question, is there more to the story? Seems ridiculous to me.

The story goes like this:

David Geffen used to be a close Clinton friend, and supporter. He raised $18M for Bill Clinton over the years, hosting various fundraisers, etc.... The Clintons had Geffen stay in the White House, Lincoln bedroom. He was clearly on their good side.

Fast forward to today... Geffen now supports Obama, and he publically criticized Hillary, saying that the "Clintons lie with such ease it's troubling." and that "Hillary is such a polarizing figure" etc....

Well, Hillary got mad and said that Obama should drop Geffen, and return all the money Geffen helped him raise.

Obama has just laughed at Clinton, saying that Hillary had no problem when Geffen was on their side, and raising money for them.

I'm with Obama on this one.... good for him. Hillary is a whiney cunt.

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by subterFUSE
              Well, Hillary got mad and said that Obama should drop Geffen, and return all the money Geffen helped him raise.
              Yeah, that's pretty much what I understood, and I'm still scratching my head on why Hillary feels like she would be entitled to bitch. Her opponents have to return money given to them by people that don't like her? Where does she get the ego?

Comment

• thesightless
                Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                • Jun 2004

if the citizens had a brain, we would beg for a law where we set the budgets for these people and prevent outside media amrketing.

i.e every presidential candidate can only, and has to use say, 2 million dollars, and no swift boat groups could put up commericals or billboards. 2 million to every candidate from clinton to kuch to guiliani. no more, no less. no fundraisers, nothing. and a complete ban on outside sources. this way it becomes less about donations and the resulting interests in lobbying, and more about doind what is right.
                your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

^^ yeah, that whole first amendment thing is overrated

Comment

• thesightless
                    • Jun 2004

oh please, get over it james, our government is now a candidate of the highest bidders as opposed to quality candidates. no one said to stop ppl from doing anything under the free speech or press, but stopping ppl from buying candidates isnt a bad idea. oh wait, this time around it affects someone you are into..... why the hell do we allow outside groups to sway public opinion with half truths and outright lies. they should be equal from the start and we should be able to vote on facts, not heresay and speeches, but the real stuff is swept right under the carpet from the start,.

Comment

• toasty
                      Sir Toastiness
                      • Jun 2004

Nah, you're missing my point. I agree with your criticism of the election process, lobbyists, etc. Election/fundraising/lobbying reform is different from prohibiting people and groups from expressing their views, though.

Compare this:

Originally posted by thesightless
                      if the citizens had a brain, we would beg for a law where we set the budgets for these people and prevent outside media amrketing.

i.e every presidential candidate can only, and has to use say, 2 million dollars, and no swift boat groups could put up commericals or billboards.
                      with this:

Originally posted by thesightless
                      ono one said to stop ppl from doing anything under the free speech or press...
                      I don't like "swiftboating" as that term has now come into usage any more than you do, but a complete ban on any groups using commercials or billboards to push their message, well that is the very definition of restricting free speech, press, and expression. Can't remember the case off the top of my head, but there is a Supreme Court case out there that recognizes that political speech is protected under the first amendment. It just is. Just as it is my right to stand on my lawn and yell to the world about how much I hate President Bush, it is my right to form a group of like-minded people and buy airtime or a billboard to express that view.

In short: Reform, yes. Banning the participation of anyone other than the candidates, no.

Comment

• thesightless
                        • Jun 2004

if they can regulate things like tobacco and alchohol and adult content on tv, then they can regulate politics. you know who had the largest impact on the bush kerry election? michael moore. and if anyone thinks he did even a remotely truthful job, well, then that person should have thier right to vote revoked.

Comment

• day_for_night
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

ya clinton's actions seem a little McCarthy-esque. "If you're not with me, your not American!"

Comment

Working...