X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Picked up my Camera today :)

Well my friend gave me a really good deal on his old SLR (Canon E0S D30) as he purchased the new Canon 30D. It came with a brand new battery, 2 older batteries for back up, 512, 256, and 16 mb memory cards, the charger, cables, and a lens (Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Zoom Lens, with the hood). He babies his gear and it looks brand new, he still even had the box!.

I debated saving up and getting a more expensive/higher quality camera, but in the end decided with this one as he gave me a good deal, the lens I got with the camera is interchangeable with other Canon Camera's, plus I don't even know if I am going to like photography again, so this will do for now, and I am super excited so far

Tomorrow afternoon I am going to take it out for its first test run so to speak and then see what I can do with the pics. I have never really used photoshop and I was just wondering if any of you use it and if so, any tips for generic use?

Also any pointers for getting back into using aperture and shutter speeds that you may have would be helpful as well
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
  • unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Picked up my Camera today

were expecting loads of pics now

p.s. there are a lot of photoshop tutorials flying around the net best place to start would be google

Comment

• DancingQueen
      AVB FanClub | President
      • Oct 2005

Yeah I found a few things, but people usually pick up little tricks, etc that make things easier or that tutorials would never cover, so I thought I would ask just incase

Oh and as for going out to take pics....it's calling for freezing rain today...go figure
      sigpic
      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• unkownartist
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

it may be better to flick through some and find little tricks yourself as it helps to learn them yourself, sometimes u find people doing video tutorials on youtube might be worth while having a little look

edit: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...oshop+tutorial

Comment

• fixxer
          Getting warmed up
          • Mar 2006

dpreview.com has loads of good tutorials and is a great place to learn.

I recently got a Digital rebel txi (400D) and have been reading alot

Happy shooting!
          Get your partyhat on!

www.binaryinstincts.com

Comment

• unkownartist
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

just thinking last night karen, dom might be a good guy to ask for that

Comment

Working...