Maiz - Novatek Muzik Promo Mix (March 2007)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kalin
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2005

Novatek Muzik Promo Mix by Maiz

Info:

Life is such an interesting being. At one point I believed that I'll never be able to (or more precisely - allowed to) put a 12" piece of plastic on a turntable, spin it and mix it in. Then, after countless years of flirting with the music I love, I'm standing in front of those second-hand Technics decks I bought a couple of months ago. The two 12" pieces of plastic are spinning in sync, the music is coming out of the speakers in front of me, the beat is pulsating in the headphones hanging around my neck and blasting into my ear ... the magic is happening.

February 28 2007. Everything is ready for the first practice session for my promo. The records are selected, the decks are spinning, the faders are ready for action. The stylus touches the first record, REC is ON, push the START ... here we go. What was supposed to be a practice session turned at the end to be the real promo. I don't believe in practice sessions. I don't believe in re-recording and re-mixing things over and over again till everyting is so perfect that it's hurting. Here's the real thing, a one-off mixture that captures the spirit of the dancefloor I strive for to re-create in my home studio while I play - an exquisite blend of futuristic tech funk, hard break-beats, driving baselines and progressive moods. Enjoy!

Tracklist:

01. Luca Ricci pres. Ventunesimo Secolo - Tribute to San Francesco D'Assisi (Reprise) [Aenaria Chill 002]
    02. D-Formation - Welcome Home [BeatFreak 069]
    03. Jiva feat. Rula - Timelapse (Moonbeam pres. Glockenspiel Mix) [GlobalUnderground 029VIN]
    04. Bush II Bush - Jungle Love (Electric Cow Mix) [Saw 056]
    05. Karen Overton - Your Loving Arms (Bush II Bush RMX) [Supra 018-2]
    06. Luca Ricci pres. Ventunesimo Secolo - Tribute to San Francesco D'Assisi (Sultan Remix) [Aenaria Chill 002]
    07. Murat Uncuoglu - Shades of Groove (Original Mix) [Fokused 007]
    08. Spider & Legaz - Majorca Roots [Yo 012]
    09. Nick Warren & Jimmy Van M - One And Only (Mix 1) [Hope 064]
    10. Spider & Legaz - Psych [Yo 012]
    11. Igal Magitman - Wusak Feeling (D-Nox & Beckers Remix) [Plastic Park 008]
    12. 4Mal feat. Ani - Layered Feelings (D-Formation Remix) [Disintro 017]
    13 a. Delirium feat. Leigh Nash - Innocente (Deep Dish Gladiator Remix) [Nettwerk 33115-1]
    13 b. Luca Ricci pres. Ventunesimo Secolo - Tribute to San Francesco D'Assisi (Reprise) [Aenaria Chill 002]

-- 105 MB mp3 file
    -- 74 minutes

PS. all critique is more than welcome
    It comes from inside, just listen ...
  • BureOne
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Maiz - Novatek Muzik Promo Mix (March 2007)

Cool summary, I must donwload now and let ya know what I thought of your promo.

Comment

• kalin
      Getting warmed up
      • Jun 2005

cheers, I'll appreciate that

Comment

• BureOne
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Sorry for the late reply, been busy. I liked your promo mix. Not too bad. The mixing was good. I loved the intro and the first 2 tracks. 1st track reminded me of old skool stuff like the sasha at zen afterparty set.
        The only thing I didnt like was the track you played 3 times. I guess its a nice fit at the beginning and the end. But overall not a bad job. some nice tracks.

Comment

• kalin
          Getting warmed up
          • Jun 2005

thanx a lot for your time and your comment. I'll take note of that.

I decided to keep this one as proggy as I can (not a fan of the modern minimal style) and thought it's gonna be cool to have a main idea that's going on through the mix - popping back here and there.

once again, thanks bro.

Comment

Working...