Clear All
  • peter_k
    Getting Somewhere
    • Oct 2004

MSTRKRFT - Kiss 100 Guest DJ mix 03-03-2007

http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24032

last entry

Tom
    Last edited by TomTom; March 5, 2007, 05:09:11 AM.
  • elektrikzon
    Gold Gabber
    • May 2006

Re: MSTRKRFT - Kiss 100 Guest DJ mix 03-03-2007

thanks
    °O●● zuRReAL muSik ●●°°

Comment

• Jay Fury
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Can anyone please tell me why the hell this guy is opening for Digweed on this tour?! He SUCKS
      Mind and Body crave light, because we live in Darkness.

Comment

• blades
        Gold Gabber
        • Nov 2004

Thanks i'm seeing these guys on wed night before diggers. Should be a shizow

Comment

• blades
          Gold Gabber
          • Nov 2004

And Jay Fury, MSTRKRFT is 2 guys

Comment

• fabric8
            200mph Club
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by blades

so they both suck, maybe thats why the guest mix is only 27 minutes long, I made it through the first 5 minutes and I was ready to delete, not a proper warm-up for JD

Comment

• Jay Fury
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by blades

Great.... Then like just said, they both suck. It still doesnt answer the Question of WHY they are opening for Diggers???

Comment

• blades
                Gold Gabber
                • Nov 2004

I've liked all their sets, please give me a detailed description of why they suck. Thank You

Comment

• zan
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Nov 2006

where is the link in the page to get the set? I see the one in the forum, but when Im re directed to the other page is just not there.

Please help me out guys! Im really interested in listening to them, since they are going to be playing for Digweed in ATL
                  Elektrofied every Wednesday on www.definitivebeats.com from 8 to 10 pm US ET.

contact: elektrofied@gmail.com - http://www.myspace.com/djzankoku
                  E19 Promotions/Elektrofied.com/Definitivebeats.com/Sound System Syndicate

Comment

• anthony1014
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • May 2005

mstrkrft kicks ass in their own special . its been while since ive come across something other than just proggy or breaks or electro or whatever . you i either like their sets and style or you dont...and i like them about as much fun as watching the Chem Bros
                    ELECTRONICFRONT!

Comment

• djc200
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Sep 2006

I agree with Anthony. I just went to see them both at Vanguard in Hollywood last night. MSTRKRFT for sure has their own unique style of punk/electo/hard kind of house (at least that's how I'd categorize it). A DJ once said, if Armageddon were to happen on a dancefloor, it would be to MSTRKRFT. Granted, I haven't heard this particular Kiss 100 Guest DJ Mix, but there are a couple of others that I thought were good (as found on http://www.westoceanevents.com):

MSTRKRFT - 2006-00-00 - Live at Transmusicalles Rennes

MSTRKRFT - 2006-08-00 - Live at Pukkelpop Festival, Belgium
                      Last edited by djc200; March 5, 2007, 08:04:16 AM. Reason: link to site originally omitted
                      Global Frequencies
                      www.globalfrequencies.com

Comment

• djc200
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fabric8
                        so they both suck, maybe thats why the guest mix is only 27 minutes long, I made it through the first 5 minutes and I was ready to delete, not a proper warm-up for JD
                        to each their own. digweed is sounding differently now as well, fyi.
                        Global Frequencies
                        www.globalfrequencies.com

Comment

• norman001
                          Getting warmed up
                          • Dec 2004

MSTRKRFT - 2006-00-00 - Live at Transmusicalles Rennes

nice mix

TNX
                          "There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don?t"

Comment

• Jay Fury
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

Digweed doesnt sound that different right now. He still plays Dark Progressive House, Still has huge breakdowns, still has HUGE build ups. Digweed has NEVER ceased to impress me whenever I see him.....

Blades- as for this MSTRKRFT........ I guess to each his own. There are a few people on this board that might like this style, but I definitely DONT. You can compare them to the sound of a plane crash (which I also dont like). My Question originally was.......

Why are these guys opening up for Digweed?

It just doesnt make sense. Someone said above that digweed is sounding different nowadays..... LMFAO.... Do you people even know who John Digweed is?! Its pretty well known that Digweed constantly conforms to the times. Hes constantly playing new tunes, and is always trying new things....... But the truth remains- anyone whos seen him live can tell you that its all about the MASSIVE buildups, MASSIVE breakdowns and the MASSIVE tracks he plays. There is always a general DARK feel to his performances.

What does MSTRKRFT bring to this table? Why are they opening for such a good DJ when their style is (in my opinion) WACK?! If you honestly liked the set you heard from them, then I would assume that your in the 5% of people who are into that stuff, which is totally fine.

.......But like I said before..... THEY SUCK.... BAD! I wont be getting to the PACHA, NYC show till late (knowing that these guys are opening up). Doors open at 10, so Diggers will come on around 1:00AM, so I plan to be there @ 12:30 to see the GRAND FINALE of MSTRKRFT (which should be a mini-blinder all in itself) LOL...

I can honestly tell you this....... Nobody cares about MSTRKRFT on this tour. Its obviously all about Digweed (Like always). It would have been better off to have Jimmy or Sean do the warm up (because they are good at it). Im sorry, in case your not keen to the scene, I was talking about Jimmy Van M or Sean Cusick.

Is that a good enough answer, or should I go on??

Comment

• blades
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Nov 2004

it works, i'm seeing them wed night so i'll let you guys know.

Comment

Working...