ahhhhhhh we're all fucked!!

Thank you.
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• jeffrey collins
      Not cool enough
      • Jun 2004

Re: Save Internet Radio

You don't think it would cost a lot of money to ship everything you own overseas, just to keep a free internet station alive? And no one would allow someone to take over their station just so it can live on...unless they were about to pass away.
      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• FM
        Wooooooo!
        • Jun 2004

Re: Save Internet Radio

only "large" casters would be affected by this...smaller ones got the stay until 2010.

FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
        "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
        Facebook!
        A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• jarble187
          vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
          • Sep 2004

Internet Radio Day of Silence

A good majority of the internet radio streams are down today- Was really suprised to see Proton is taking part but Frisky is not-

The future of Internet radio is in immediate danger. Royalty rates for webcasters have been drastically increased by a recent ruling and are due to go into effect on July 15 (retroactive to Jan 1, 2006!).

Internet radio may be driven out of business within weeks by the Copyright Royalty Board decision that gives record companies a royalty rate that exceeds 100% of most webcasters' total revenues.

We are taking part in the Day of Silence to protest these rates and encourage you to take action and contact your Congressional representatives.

Ensure this silence is not permanent: call your Congressional Representatives today!

Visit SaveNetRadio.org for links to a petition to Congress you can sign. Send the message directly to your Representative and Senators that you don't want to lose Internet radio!

Stay up-to-date with the latest internet radio news, visit RAIN.
          Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• frisky
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

Re: Internet Radio Day of Silence

Originally posted by jarble187
            A good majority of the internet radio streams are down today- Was really suprised to see Proton is taking part but Frisky is not-
            We did not silence friskyRadio because unlike most of the stations that fell silent yesterday, we have been involved with many others in the background to reverse these rates from the day they were announced several months ago. We *did* take part in a Day of Silence that took place back in 2002 (anyone remember that?) So this is nothing new to us, unfortunately.

We've also been playing PSAs for a few weeks now so this fight is not new to us. Having been thru one before, I took a decision earlier on that the friskyRadio community will be better served not to silence our e-waves this time around. I thought we shouldnt punish our listeners for what is a disagreement between the webcasters and the CRB.

No matter what happens, I see these new rates as a death knoll to innovation and progress that comes from proliferation of high-speed internet. Thats why these rates can not stand.

These rates are just ridiculous. They want to send us back to the dark ages with these.

f.
            frisky Radio - feelin' frisky?
            Now with 70% Less Fat :: http://www.friskyradio.com/frisky_low.m3u

Comment

• jarble187
              vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by frisky
              I thought we shouldnt punish our listeners for what is a disagreement between the webcasters and the CRB.
              I can totally appreciate that, as I did listen to your stream yesterday for a bit. Thanks for the informative post and best of luck to Frisky however the rate hike goes down.
              Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• rubyraks
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by frisky
                I thought we shouldnt punish our listeners for what is a disagreement between the webcasters and the CRB.
                It's not punishing your listeners, it's showing that your listeners and yourself stand united with the many others that were making that point yesterday. Sorry, I just disagree with your decision and feel that you were trying to take an unfair advantage over those that silenced themselves (symbolically) as a stand against the CRB. Would your listeners really have been disadvantaged as a result of shutting down for a day? Everyone has access to music regardless of internet radio (albeit much of the music in this genre is produced through internet radio shows). It would have been nice for you too to have taken that symbolic stand.

Your justification would work against every internet radio station's decision to silence themselves. What makes your station or listeners any more special?
                "Work like you don't need the money.
                Love like you've never been hurt.
                Dance like nobody's watching.
                Sing like nobody's listening.
                Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

Working...