X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fumanchu182
    Angantyr The Ruthless
    • Jun 2004

Re: Scooter Libby Found Guilty

Fitzgerald is going to have a hard time finding a jury to prosecute everyone else if Libby does cut a deal. Whole media campaign that speculates on things in regards to Rove, etc... taints potential jury members if they watch any news broadcast that mentions such.
    The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• Jenks
      I'm kind of a big deal.
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fumanchu182
      taint

Comment

• rubyraks
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fumanchu182
        Fitzgerald is going to have a hard time finding a jury to prosecute everyone else if Libby does cut a deal. Whole media campaign that speculates on things in regards to Rove, etc... taints potential jury members if they watch any news broadcast that mentions such.
        Are you even remotely suggesting that all Americans watch and follow news? laughable at best...now unless Rove or Cheney were contestants on American Idol or Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader (unfortunately very few are) that may actually taint a jury.
        "Work like you don't need the money.
        Love like you've never been hurt.
        Dance like nobody's watching.
        Sing like nobody's listening.
        Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

yikes! just read that the jury foreman is a close neighbor of Tim Russert. Doesn't mean anything, but begs some speculation...
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rubyraks
            taint

Comment

• rubyraks
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
              I threw that one out there again just for you...glad you caught it.
              "Work like you don't need the money.
              Love like you've never been hurt.
              Dance like nobody's watching.
              Sing like nobody's listening.
              Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• subterFUSE
                Gold Gabber
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Kobe
                That's why they have shills like Libby around, amazing how calculating they are in their duplicity. Scooter now gets his pic on the wall at the Ollie North Fall Guy Hall of Fame. Good Americans who took a dick up the ass to save a crook.

Actually.... there wasn't any need for a "fall guy" because no laws were ever broken. Valerie Plame was not actually an undercover agent at the time of her supposed "outing". Fitzgerald was informed of this, and that's why he focused on Libby. There was no chance of there ever being a serious conviction of anyone for outing her.... because she wasn't in a position where being "outed" was a crime in the first place.

Comment

• Kobe
                  I wish I had an interesting User title
                  • Jun 2004

No need? They why lie? Obviously they have something they want to cover up.
                  Beats are my crack.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                    My dick is smaller
                    • Nov 2006

Libby was convicted of lying during the course of an investigation of a crime that prosecutors could never prove was actually committed. All of us ought to find that troubling.
                    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
                      Sir Toastiness
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by subterFUSE
                      Actually.... there wasn't any need for a "fall guy" because no laws were ever broken. Valerie Plame was not actually an undercover agent at the time of her supposed "outing".
                      This is a common talking point from the administration apologists, but I have yet to hear anyone actually back this up with anything concrete. Point me to something other than anecdotal evidence of this and maybe we can talk, but Fitzgerald doesn't strike me as the type of go on a witch hunt, and whether or not she was covert is such a simple question to answer, it is inconceivable to think that he would go forward with an investigation without figuring that out first. The investigation was into whether she was knowingly outed, not whether she was actually covert.

Comment

• toasty
                        Sir Toastiness
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                        Libby was convicted of lying during the course of an investigation of a crime that prosecutors could never prove was actually committed. All of us ought to find that troubling.
                        He was found guilty of lying during an investigation that, at the end of the day, didn't result in indictments. That's why they do investigations rather than just indicting people willy-nilly, and is very different from what you're suggesting.

It amazes me how cavalier people are about excusing this guy for lying to federal prosecutors. He's facing 25 years -- it isn't an insignificant charge.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                          My dick is smaller
                          • Nov 2006

did the same thing not happen in the Martha Stewart case?

anyways, Libby's 'obstruction' did what? it prevented Fitzgerald from finding out whether the 'alleged' leak violated federal law? Emphasis on 'alleged'.

the concept of 'thoughtcrime' keeps popping up into my head....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• thesightless
                            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                            • Jun 2004

who
                            the
                            fuck
                            cares
                            the
                            guy
                            is
                            guilty
                            hopefully
                            going
                            to
                            jail
                            can
                            we
                            move
                            on
                            to
                            more
                            important
                            shit
                            this
                            is
                            so
                            stupid
                            it
                            just
                            keeps
                            dragging
                            on
                            let
                            him
                            rot
                            awhile
                            and
                            let
                            GW2
                            focus
                            on
                            fixing
                            shit
                            please
                            its
                            worse
                            than
                            when
                            black
                            people
                            harping
                            on
                            slavery
                            its
                            over
                            let
                            it
                            go
                            and
                            work
                            on
                            something
                            else
                            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• toasty
                              Sir Toastiness
                              • Jun 2004

did the same thing not happen in the Martha Stewart case?
                              Yep, and she went to jail, as she should have. What's the point?

anyways, Libby's 'obstruction' did what? it prevented Fitzgerald from finding out whether the 'alleged' leak violated federal law? Emphasis on 'alleged'.
                              Aren't you planning on going to law school? Lack of concern for the truth + law license = the potential to get yourself in a load of shit. Courts take it very seriously when you aren't forthright with them. Seriously, discussing politics is one thing, but when you start suggesting that it's OK to lie to a judge, a grand jury, or a prosecutor and you're soon to be a lawyer, you're in dangerous territory.

There's a guy I went to law school with that had his bar admission rejected for fudging some things on his resume when looking for summer legal jobs. He got his degree, but he'll never get his license or practice law -- put another way, he was effectively disbarred before he even started practice. That's fucked up. It happens, though -- in all seriousness, I do hope that when you're not arguing politics, you display a healthy disapproval for liars. Tolerating that shit makes the whole profession -- of which you will soon be a member -- look bad...

Comment

• subterFUSE
                                Gold Gabber
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by toasty
                                He was found guilty of lying during an investigation that, at the end of the day, didn't result in indictments. That's why they do investigations rather than just indicting people willy-nilly, and is very different from what you're suggesting.

It amazes me how cavalier people are about excusing this guy for lying to federal prosecutors. He's facing 25 years -- it isn't an insignificant charge.
                                No more cavalier than people were about Bill Clinton lying under similar circumstances.

Hopefully Libby won't have to do any time. I mean.... they let Sandy Burger off the hook for shoving classified documents from the Archives down his pants so he could cover-up the Clinton administration's failure to get Bin Laden. I think this ranks as slightly less severe.

Comment

Working...