• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: Scooter Libby Found Guilty

Originally posted by subterFUSE
    No more cavalier than people were about Bill Clinton lying under similar circumstances.

Hopefully Libby won't have to do any time. I mean.... they let Sandy Burger off the hook for shoving classified documents from the Archives down his pants so he could cover-up the Clinton administration's failure to get Bin Laden. I think this ranks as slightly less severe.
    Well, if we're going to start a pissing match over who's lies -- those of the Clinton administration or the Bush administration -- had the worst consequences, this discussion probably isn't going to end well for you. As for me, though, I was equally bothered when Clinton was pulling shit, too. I was actually a card carrying (literally) member of the Republican Party at the time so of course I thought it was wrong, but that notwithstanding, I still think I would have had a problem with it. I take that oath pretty seriously, and perhaps I'm weird that way, but that's the way I am.

Comment

• Kobe
      I wish I had an interesting User title
      • Jun 2004

And Fawn Hall shredded documents which proved Iran-Contra. Previous scandals might make us cynical about current ones, but what they don't do is make them ok.
      Beats are my crack.

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Re: Scooter Libby Found Guilty... and Sentenced

Originally posted by subterFUSE
        Hopefully Libby won't have to do any time.
        Well, he was just sentenced to 30 months and fined $250K.

Question now is whether he'll have to spend the time during his appeal in the pokey. If he can, he might be able to drag it out long enough that he'll be pardoned by Bush regardless of the outcome of the appeal, and might avoid spending any time in the clink.

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

second question is whether all these pussy ass democrats will be calling for the firing and trial of thier buddy who was indicted for bribery today.....

stupid liberals... the lot of ya.
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
            second question is whether all these pussy ass democrats will be calling for the firing and trial of thier buddy who was indicted for bribery today.....

stupid liberals... the lot of ya.
            Uh, among other damning evidence, he was caught with loads of cash in his freezer. Although there's nothing illegal about that, it isn't defensible behavior. So in answer to your question, I'm going with "Yes."

Comment

Working...