X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

NY gonna blow....

...if this is any representation of how we feel about this case... and im just as guilty, those cops overreacted and the one guy is at fault, but where is line on how cops can do thier jobs? these cops were being run down... and the POS's in the car were all multiple, convicted felons. the cops here are ready to walk off the job for a day, and from what im gathering from my police clients, they are gonna essentially stop policing the areas around where the perps live. fucked up. and its not gonna get better when the police react with either a strike or a hands off approach to the ghettos.

your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

Re: NY gonna blow....

I heard of this story in November, but apart from the facts given in the article I've read back then, I don't know much about it. Bottom line, I don't know what went down in detail, so I'm not taking sides here.

That said, I think it's a good thing that these cops stand trial. It's a clear signal that the police forces aren't above the law. Imagine the reaction if they wouldn't stand trial: you'd have Rodney King riots all over the place again.

I can understand the reaction of the NYPD perfectly: cops need to do their job, basta. Completely agree with that, especially in cities like say NY, LA and what not. But there's also another side to doing that job. I mean, as a cop you have authority and power (read: a gun) and with authority comes responsability and professionalism. Like for instance knowing how to handle your gun and using the right amount of force/violence in a certain situation.

So yes, if all they did was defend themselves, it justifies the use of force and they should be alright in court. But I think it's gonna be a hard one: firing 42 shots in total... is that the amount of force you need to stop a car?

Like you said Sean: they overreacted and imo that's not acceptable at all. They're supposed to be trained to react the right way in situations like this one and to avoid endangering other civilians. I don't care about how many convictions Bell had, neither do I care about the fact that he was about to get married, that's emo bs in the margin.

Do these kind of trials happen a lot in the US? When a Belgian cop uses his gun, he'll have to justify the use of force in any case, even when he shoots a top criminal. Standard procedure and the cops here are cool with it: it's part of the responsability that comes with the job.

Comment

• miketpoto
      Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
      • Jan 2005

I thought this thread was about me

Comment

• KinKyJ
        Platinum Poser
        • Jun 2004

^^^