Europe: 50 years together... and now what?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Morgan
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Europe: 50 years together... and now what?

Originally posted by KinKyJ
    So all of a sudden the UK is the thriving force behind the EU? That's a good one (Maggie Thatcher's "I want my money back" still rings in my ears).

And as for that nuke button: the French already have nukes, they don't need the EU for that. As for the hick general: Poland is seen by some as a hick country too, but they do have one of the largest armies in the union...
    The poles cannot even build a road or a leisure center due to labour shortages, i doubt they will be any help in a ruck, big army or not. Plenty of room for polish troops in Iraq.

and another thing;

WE STILL WANT OUR MONEY BACK!
    "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• 88Mariner
      My dick is smaller
      • Nov 2006

Most retarded post? You said that last time, even after I supported my conclusion with relevant information. I'm still waiting for RiseandShine to provide me some info on how the "US will go Chinese".

and Dzone, did you get the line from a movie? that's totally clever....
      you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• RiseandShine
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Sep 2006

message to 88Mariner and all of you other morons that don't know their ass from their face:

I'm not interested in answering your pieces of shit posts and I'm not going to make any efforts in answering your mentally retared questions. Sometimes, I will get down to your level and post things like the one I did above

Thanks & bon voyage
        If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is: infinite. - William Blake

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

well since it's your birfday...
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• KinKyJ
            Platinum Poser
            • Jun 2004

88Mariner, lemme rephrase what Rise wanted to point out: the chance of Europe fading under islam is less likely than having two Thursdays in one week.

Comment

• KinKyJ
              Platinum Poser
              • Jun 2004

For those who are insterested: Derk-Jan Eppink has just released a book on the European Commission (the team in charge of the "daily management" of the EU if you want) entitled "Europese mandarijnen" (European mandarins).

Eppink was assistant to two commissioners and has been a political journalist for years, so the way he describes (in a pretty satirical way) how the Commission works behind the scenes is pretty accurate and reveiling to say the least. (info on the book here, not translated in English yet as far as I know)

One of the things Eppink states in his book is that the EU is facing three threats: political leaders being too satisfied too fast, the fear of change and the fear of defining an own cultural identity. Imo that's spot on.

Comment

• RiseandShine
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Sep 2006

^^^ both thanks and fully agree. imo, the cultural identity is a real hard one. we'll see, I'm really interested to see how it develops itself.
                some of my family work for the commission, it's fun to see their perception: they tend to really believe in a much stronger Europe with some kind of culltural entity by itself but they also always say it won't happen during their lifetime...
                If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is: infinite. - William Blake

Comment

• Lorn
                  Looking for a title!
                  • Sep 2004

^^True that. It will take longer than 50 years for some kind of cultural unity to take hold.

Comment

Working...