X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobbyJassi
    Getting Somewhere
    • Nov 2005

DJing KRK RP8 Rokit Users.

Are they any good for DJing with? I've tried getting a demo but no joy unfortunately. Any feedback would be great. Thanks
    Last edited by BobbyJassi; March 21, 2007, 07:38:36 PM.
    I live for the look on your face....
  • NBHproduction
    Getting Somewhere
    • May 2007

Re: KRK RP8 Rokit Users.

nice speakers for that kind of money, good for DJing not best for production.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
      Not cool enough
      • Jun 2004

they are nice, but they seem to me to be a bit bottom heavy for production. Not quite as flat as one would want for music production.
      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• BobbyJassi
        Getting Somewhere
        • Nov 2005

Jeff im almost on my fourth pair mate. First pair were marked, so took them back. Second pair arrived in store and both were damaged (someone had shoved the plugs down the front of the boxes, damaging the speakers) Third pair arrived in store on wednesday, almost three months after the initial purchase. Got them out in the store and inspected them, everything looked fine... Wednesday evening i hooked them up, powered up my mixer/cdj's. Turned on one rp8, switched the second rp8 on, and bang!. Hopefully my fourth pair should arrive soon. Im done caring though.

Hope your well mate.

Comment

• BobbyJassi
          Getting Somewhere
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by NBHproduction
          nice speakers for that kind of money, good for DJing not best for production.
          Yeah im mainly using them for dj use.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
            Not cool enough
            • Jun 2004

OMG dude. You might wanna change who you are doing business with. That and e-mail KRK as they might like to know about your problems. I've got two friends that have them, and both of them...I THINK are getting slowly ripped in sound quality from their speakers. They both make music that for the most part doesn't have enough bass in there, and i think it's from the speakers themselves putting out too much extra low end. Well that and neither one of these guys has them set up properly. They are always supposed to be 6" from a wall, on some kind of stand, and in a perfect triangle between them and your head.

Sorry to hear about that Bobbi.

I'm going with Yamaha's when i get the $$.
            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...