X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

DJing Question about beginner mixers.

Hey all, been reading alot of topics under this thread and i have a question about beginner mixers. Within the next month or two i will be purchasing some CDJ's and a mixer.

Well, i have heard good things about pioneers djm-400 and i was also looking into the A&H xone32. Because the xone-32 has 3 channels, i will be able to add something else in the future if i wanted to like an effects machine or whatever right? Should i think about getting the xone32 or get the djm 400 for starters and wait and get something with more juice later on?
    Alternatively, can anyone mention any other really good beginner mixers out there that i should consider?
    Thanks all and appreciate all of the help.
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James
  • BureOne
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Question about beginner mixers.

I think they're both good start up mixers. My brother has the xone 32 and loves it. My freind just ordered the djm-400. And he's a big time biginner noOb.

I think you might have more options with the Pioneer as far as what that mixer comes with (effects) and what not.

The Xone 32 has some sort of filter effect thingamajig... Sounds cool when my brother does it and if done proper, it kicks ass. I've used it and it's ok. It's a lil too simple for me. I have the 62, but that's because I have turntable and cdjs, so I need the 4 channels.

Dont quote me, I aint an expert, just my 2 centavos dawg!

Comment

• davenixdorf
      Getting warmed up
      • Oct 2006

I'd go for the A&H over the Pioneer anyday ... after converting from a djm600 to X:ONE 62 i'd never go back!

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Oct 2005

Hey mate i have a djm 600 and yes it has 4 channels. I have turntables and 2 denon 1000's.

Do you have vinyl?? or turntables?? If no i still would save up a bit more and get atleast a 4 channel mixer. The reason i say this is cause you will find one day that you will want hmm lets say a effect unit or might bye another cd deck or something and you wont have the room to play them. I have 2 denons hooked up, 2 turntables, and i have a keyboard as well. so that i can key in my tracks. It just gives you more room to move if you know what i mean, and it actually will save you money in the long run because you WILL get more stuff later and if you try selling your budget mixer later you wont get alot of money for them. take your time and save. check ebay often, check your trading posts often and newspapers. you should be able to find a djm600 cheap.

Just thought i would let you know mate

Comment

Working...