Clear All
  • fire228
    Getting Somewhere
    • Apr 2005

Wednesday Knight Sessions

What: Wednesday Knight Sessions hosted by Jeffrey Collins
    When: 8pm CST
    Where: Dimensional Radio.com

First installment of Wednesday Knight Sessions on Dimensional Radio.com!
    This is a 2hr show that features DJ/Host Jeffrey Collins for hour 1 and then a very special guest for the second half of the show. The show will air the first Wednesday of every month so make sure to tune in.

JEFFREY COLLINS:
    A musician through and through. Jeffrey Collins began studying guitar at age 16 after years of normal play. Learning all about music through his studies helped him to grow as a composer. Influenced by Jim O'Rourke, Derek Bailey and John Cage, Jeffrey began making extended technique improvisations on his guitar. Releasing 3 recordings of his extended technique improvisations, Jeffrey realized that he had said everything he had wanted to with the guitar. He eventually moved into DJing.
    His love for long songs with a great groove led him inevitably into the world of electronic music. Paul Van Dyk was his first taste of electronic dance music. The ability to make one very long groove by blending two turntables together, led to an immediate fondness for dance music.
    DJing since 2002, Jeffrey plays around the Columbus, Ohio scene. Jeffrey has been slowly moving into the world of producing dance music. Beginning with a little mash up... (Jeffrey Collins & D2 VS. Ticon - Lo-Mi-Therapy). This track was played by the likes of Pole Folder, Phil Thompson (aka, Moonface), Osamu M, Robbie Lowe and others...and slowly making his way even more into production.

Tracklist for Wednesday Knight Sessions 4-4-2007
    1. Ian Round - Eivissa (Sara Galli Party Mix)
    2. Ricky Stone - Shanghai Taxi (Disiples Of Sound & Kid Lopez Mix)
    3. Starkillers - Scream (Kobbe & Austin Leeds Remix)
    4. Roman Salzger - Lollipop Machine
    5. Shiloh - Vice (Luke Chable Mix)
    6. London Residents & Roland Clarke - Valley Of House (Ian Carey & Funkagenda Mix)
    7. Nino Anthony - Set It Off (The Nightlife) (Pumpin Mix)
    8. Tocadisco - Music Loud
    9. John Dahlback FT Andy P - Late Night Worries (King Unique No Worries Mix)
    10. Jose Gonzalez - Crosses (Stanton Warriors Mix)

Guest DJ for April 4 2007: John-Paul Sykes
    John-Paul Sykes was raised in West Yorkshire, UK, and has been obsessed with dance music ever since a friend convinced him to change his hip hop alliances and come with him to hear a certain DJ Sasha at Back to Basics in the early nineties. From that point on the N.W.A. tapes went to the back of the cupboard, and replaced by racks of early progressive house vinyl.
    Labels such as Strictly Rhythm, Limbo and Guerilla shaped his teenage years, as did weekly trips to Renaissance, Up yer Ronson and Cream to pay homage to his heroes - Sasha & Digweed. John-Paul began dj'ing in pubs in Yorkshire when he was just 16. Trying to push tracks such as 'Embracing the Future' when northern drunkards ask for "Some rave choons" was difficult going!

Tracklist for Wednesday Knight Sessions 4-4-2007
    1. Booka Shade - ?Darko (Booka?s Funk da funk mix)?
    2. Dave Robertson & Jon Gurd - ?The Rendition (Sebastian Leger?s good clock remix)
    3. Loafer - ?Dirtbike (16 bit Lolita?s remix)?
    4. Zoo Brazil - ?Make you mine (Pete Heller?s 19/7/06 mix)?
    5. Raisani & Borgesius - ?Etnosat (TC Maniak remix)?
    6. Chris Lake & Trophy Twins - ?Babaloo?
    7. Spex - ?Asteroid (Brisker & Magitman remix)?
    8. Blake Baxter & Marc Romboy - ?The Club (version 1)?
    9. Benz & MD - ?Turning the curve (Simon & Shaker remix)?
    10. Austin Leeds & Terranova - ?For the pills?
    11. Dan Mangan & Danny Bonnici - ?Periwethel?
    http://www.OriginalFriends.com
    Social Network For Friends
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

Re: Wednesday Knight Sessions

what are extended guitar techniques?

Comment

• Miroslav
      WHOA I can change this!1!
      • Apr 2006

congrats, Jeffrey...this is really cool!
      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

Hey thanks guys. I didn't really think about posting this on here. Yeah extended technique is playing the guitar in ways no one originally thought. Like shoving screwdrivers into the strings, or playing it with an electric razor. I was doing that back in 96-00 but quit to work more on my art.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the future shows. I've already got some great dj's lined up. But I'm always looking for new blood. So let me know if your interested!
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...