X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JK224
    Addiction started
    • Oct 2005

DJing Pioneer CDJ800 vs CDJ1000

The main difference is in price but what makes one different from the other? Anyone own any/both and willing to tell me?
  • billyz
    Addiction started
    • Dec 2006

Re: Pioneer CDJ800 vs CDJ1000

Pioneer Electronics car audio and home theater entertainment products including in-car GPS navigation, Android Auto Enabled Receivers, Apple Car Play enabled Receivers, Pioneer and Elite Receivers, headphones, iphone car stereo, car stereos, bluetooth car stereo, car radio, speakers and Blu-ray/DVD Drives

I'm sure there is alot more to it but one of the main differences is that you can use an mmc or sd cards with the 1000 to store wave data or cue points. The 800 doesn't have the slot for it. There is links to the pioneer site for your reading enjoyment!
    Billy Z
    soundcloud.com/djbillyz
    mixcloud.com/djbillyz
    twitter.com/djbillyz
    twitter.com/bluePRINTSaturo
    instagram.com/djbillyz
    djbillyz.com

Comment

• davenixdorf
      Getting warmed up
      • Oct 2006

The pitch control on the CDJ800 is only accurate to increments of 0.05 where as the CDJ1000 is accurate to 0.02

**I believe this may have been rectified with the last model of CDJ800 though**

Comment

• JK224
        Addiction started
        • Oct 2005

Just want to say thanks to the people who answered so far. The whole reason for this thread was because I have Denon 1000s and there is pitch drift because the pitch slider is in increments of 0.1 Its kind of preventing my mixing from being on point and you can hear mixes b/w tracks slip away; it kinda sucks so I'm looking to upgrade. Has anyone had pitch drift issues on the CDJ800s or has their mixing been great?

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

i've had issues with several different pairs of 800's.

one time last november i was using two 800's and one of them seemed to push the track forward even when i dragged the wheel back. very faint but during a mix it can make you sound like a nooB

more recently i used a brand new pair of 800's, the mp3 playing ones, and they were just as solid as the 1000's. i think it boils down to how you treat your gear. ffs dont let those things ride around upside down in the back of your caravan for weeks at a time while your daughters jump on them and god knows what else, and they'll probably work as they should indefinitely.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by JK224
            Just want to say thanks to the people who answered so far. The whole reason for this thread was because I have Denon 1000s and there is pitch drift because the pitch slider is in increments of 0.1 Its kind of preventing my mixing from being on point and you can hear mixes b/w tracks slip away; it kinda sucks so I'm looking to upgrade. Has anyone had pitch drift issues on the CDJ800s or has their mixing been great?
            Hey mate i have 2 1000's and i dont have that problem. i just have problems with my programming LOL

Comment

• jeffrey collins
              Not cool enough
              • Jun 2004

and if you're going to be spending that much money on them...even if your slightly sure you might take them out to a gig...Spend 200$ and get some cases for those babies. You'll thank yourself when the cd players are still like new in two years time.
              Jeffrey Collins: Painter
              My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
              My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Caley Martin
                MCast Resident DJ
                • Oct 2004

I have the MK1 800s and just recently played on the MK3 1000s... I am seriously thinking of switching to those... it makes all the difference with the platter and the .02% pitch increment!
                For your aural infusion of Caley:
                http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
                http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
                http://ultrawizardsword.net
                RA: Caley

Comment

• phil
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

I've played on the 800's (not sure which one), 1000's (all versions), and 200's and would rate them as follows:

1000 by far

If you are getting close to spending money on an 800 either go all the way and upgrade to the 1000 imo or go with the 200. If you are willing to try other lines get something like a Denon S5000 (which is one of my fave models) over the 800. I have one CDJ 1000 MK2 and one Denon S5000 and each have their pro's and cons.
                  Providing Aural Satisfaction

Comment

• cfowler
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Apr 2007

Phil could you elaborate a little on the pro's and con's between the CDJ-1000 and DNS-5000? I have a pair of DNS-5000's and I love them. No real reason to upgrade but I have had very little time on the CDJ-1000 and everyone is raving about them. I'm actually considering it but they are so much more money to boot. One thing I find on the DNS is the cd load feed doesn't always grab the disc like it should and sometimes it kinda needs a bump. Just thought I'd ask...thanks.

Chris-

Comment

• phil
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by cfowler
                      Phil could you elaborate a little on the pro's and con's between the CDJ-1000 and DNS-5000? I have a pair of DNS-5000's and I love them. No real reason to upgrade but I have had very little time on the CDJ-1000 and everyone is raving about them. I'm actually considering it but they are so much more money to boot. One thing I find on the DNS is the cd load feed doesn't always grab the disc like it should and sometimes it kinda needs a bump. Just thought I'd ask...thanks.

Chris-
                      DN S-5000 Pro's

- Pitch Bend Option
                      - Alpha Mode
                      - Jog Dial (Spins)
                      - Built Very Sturdy (Heavier than the CDJ 1000) and uses less space.
                      - Very customizable

DN S-5000 Con's

- No Wave Display (can't tell when the breakdown is going to happen).. This is my biggest gripe with the S-5000.
                      - Not a fan of the fast forward / rewind button (that toggle switch on top right corner)
                      - Lack of memory card option
                      - Really need to read the manual to make the most of the unit

CDJ 1000's

Pro's

- Universal Standard
                      - Memory Card Available
                      - Layout isn't very crammed (lots of spacing between buttons, opposed to the tight fit of the DN S-5000)
                      - Wave Display
                      - Able to customize the release/start and touch/brake in an easy manner
                      - Hot Cues

Con's

- Feels a bit flimsy
                      - No pitch bend option
                      - Jog Dial can be a pain in the ass

----

If the Dennon S-5000 had the Wave Display option and a better fast forward/rewind button and memory card, it'd trump the 1000's.

Both are great and I like mixing things up on the different styles, so I can't complain.

Comment

• cfowler
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Apr 2007

Thanks a lot. That's a HUGE help!

Comment

• Caley Martin
                          MCast Resident DJ
                          • Oct 2004

Phil are you sure the 1000s and 800s don't have pitch bend? I thought that's what the outer rim of the platter was for... slight adjustments to the pitch, forward and reverse.
                          For your aural infusion of Caley:
                          http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
                          http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
                          http://ultrawizardsword.net
                          RA: Caley

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

one for the CON list on the Denon- if you play out, you'll never see them in a club.

Comment

• phil
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Caley Martin
                              Phil are you sure the 1000s and 800s don't have pitch bend? I thought that's what the outer rim of the platter was for... slight adjustments to the pitch, forward and reverse.
                              I'm talking about pitch bend buttons.... Real quick precise adjustments. Both the CDJ and Denon have it so you can move the jog dial to speed up/slow down the platter.

Regarding Jenks comment. That's true, you won't usually see a Denon at most clubs.

Comment

Working...