X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Should Imus resign?

It seems like now days that whenever anyone makes a comment that is in bad taste, could be construed as racist everyone on the other side demands that that person resign/quit/kill themselves immediately. This makes me laugh. Imus' comment wasnt anything close to the Kramer melt down a few months ago, but everyone who wants him to resign seems to think that he is James Earl Ray himself.

• billyz
    Addiction started
    • Dec 2006

Re: Should Imus resign?

I say no. I don't really listen to Imus, but people are blowing some of this stuff way out of hand. If he made a public apoligy that should be enough. Hell donate some money to the basketball team if it smooths things over, but move on. Let the first person step forward, who hasn't made a comment that wasn't in good taste or form and you will have an extremely short line!
    Billy Z
    soundcloud.com/djbillyz
    mixcloud.com/djbillyz
    twitter.com/djbillyz
    twitter.com/bluePRINTSaturo
    instagram.com/djbillyz
    djbillyz.com

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

It was a bone-headed thing to say, but I have a tough time believing it was actually intended to be mean-spirited or that he's truly racist. I say no.

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

not at all. it is overblown because that fat pig witht he big mouth got involved. imus makes fun of everyone and anyone from anywhere. funny how sharpton goes bat shit over this, but wont say a damn thing to anyone who is black when they actually say shit far worse than what imus said. sharpton is the biggest racist in this fiasco.

i have listened to imus for about 15 years now, and this isnt anything new. they say it just to provoke.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

brian williams just announced that imus is being suspended for 2 weeks.

ppl in this country need to quit being a bunch of winy pusses and quit getting upset about stupid shit

Comment

• thesightless
            • Jun 2004

only from the TV simulcast. he will still be on WFAN and its website here in NYC.

tomorrow, btw, begins the station's charity drive, for kids with cancer, and other diseases. i volunteer every year for this, and this is no different.

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

^^ahhhh thx for clearing it up, sounded like from the news he was off the air for 2 weeks

Comment

• subterFUSE
                Gold Gabber
                • Nov 2006

I have never listened to a single second of Imus, so I barely even know who he is. Frankly, I don't give a flying shit what he says. I agree that this is getting blown completely out of proportion. However, this is not at all a surprise. People like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are like vultures.... they exist for no other purpose but to sniff out the smallest potential controversy, and swoop in to scavenge for any hint of a racial connotation. Then they get to grandstand and draw attention to themselves.

Jesse Jackson is the biggest racist alive today, in my opinion. He makes his entire living off of racism. He doesn't want racism to end, because he would be without a job if tat happened. He'd be without an excuse for people to give him tons of money. He promotes racism by actively seeking to turn any issue into a racial one, and then rallies people into divided positions.

Comment

• Localizer
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jul 2004

I say yes, but I say yes because as a host, you need to watch what you say. Granted we have this freedom of speech, but his choice of words are what nailed him. Had he been a little less discreet in his message, he wouldn't be in the problem. It should be given that you just don't randomly spout off crap on the air because we live in a PC world. Can't handle the repurcussions? tough, next time avoid the situation entirely or rephrase what you're going to say so that it at least sounds like an intelligent attack.
                  Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                  -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• thesightless
                    • Jun 2004

its amazing.... it really is.

last year, a hip hop DJ asked his listeners to give him the school address of a rival DJ so he could beat down a child and kid and sharpton said nothing. imus tells an off color joke and this.... and subter is right, those two worms are the biggest racists around. and they need it, cuz without it, they wouldnt even be listened to .

i hope someone attacks al sharpton soon, a nice bullet wound to the stomach or something. it would be great retaliation to him for this.

Comment

• FM
                      Wooooooo!
                      • Jun 2004

^^^he'd call it a racist attack

Imus won't get fired...he's too big of a radio celebrity (on the realm of a Howard Stern) and too widely syndicated to get canned. Like everything else, this will blow over.
                      FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                      "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                      Facebook!
                      A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• subterFUSE
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by thesightless
                        its amazing.... it really is.

last year, a hip hop DJ asked his listeners to give him the school address of a rival DJ so he could beat down a child and kid and sharpton said nothing. imus tells an off color joke and this.... and subter is right, those two worms are the biggest racists around. and they need it, cuz without it, they wouldnt even be listened to .

i hope someone attacks al sharpton soon, a nice bullet wound to the stomach or something. it would be great retaliation to him for this.

The hip-hop DJ actually said he wanted to "pull an R-Kelly on his seed", referring to the daughter of his rival DJ. He was saying he wanted to rape his rival's daughter, and offered money to anyone providing the address of her school. Now if THAT isn't going too far, nothing is..... and you're right, Sharpton said nothing. But of course he wouldn't say anything. This wasn't a racist issue because it was a black DJ making a comment to another black DJ. No racial element there for Sharpton to milk to his advantage.

Comment

• superdave
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

I don't listen to Imus, but what he said was inappropriate. I don't think it warrants a resignation unless he has a pattern of making racist remarks.
                          Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• res0nat0r
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • May 2006

^^sure that is my point, you think howard stern should resign after every inappropriate thing he says? people blow things way outta proprortion now days. thanks to the news 80% of america is afraid to go outdoors because they think terrorists are everywhere plotting every day to kill everyone.

Comment

• geoffgulley
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by subterFUSE
                              I have never listened to a single second of Imus, so I barely even know who he is. Frankly, I don't give a flying shit what he says. I agree that this is getting blown completely out of proportion. However, this is not at all a surprise. People like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are like vultures.... they exist for no other purpose but to sniff out the smallest potential controversy, and swoop in to scavenge for any hint of a racial connotation. Then they get to grandstand and draw attention to themselves.

Jesse Jackson is the biggest racist alive today, in my opinion. He makes his entire living off of racism. He doesn't want racism to end, because he would be without a job if tat happened. He'd be without an excuse for people to give him tons of money. He promotes racism by actively seeking to turn any issue into a racial one, and then rallies people into divided positions.
                              ...Spot.Fucking.On.
                              "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

Working...