X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

Re: Should Imus resign?

I heard an interesting take today- and i'm still on the fence with this whole thing, while trying not to give a shit about it-

1. You hear everyone (including me) saying, "who gives a shit, this isn't a story." Overblown nonsense, shaprton and jackson agenda, etc etc. But what's pretty cool about all of this is that we've come this far- yes it's pretty trivial imo, but isn't it a GOOD thing that we're getting blown out of proportion over small insignificant racist comments? In this day, we've come this far that we won't even tolerate some douche on the radio who has said racist things for YEARS to say them anymore. Sign of progress imo, ( putting aside the two of the biggest racists in this story - Sharpton and Jackson. Can't believe those two get press...those two are still considered noteworthy, anyway, bleh.)

2. On the flipside- when we start censoring people this much we might as well be comunists.

3. i'm getting tired of hearing about it. and i'm also getting tired of it taking a week for people to be upset about stuff people say on public airwaves. Rush, Imus, Stern, etc. It's like it takes a few people to tell you you're pissed to be pissed. This story is almost two weeks old right? The heat didn't come for like 4-5 days, people had to MAKE an issue out of it. YES NOW I'M PISSED!!

Had stir fry for dinner, put WAY to many hot peppers in it...so i gotta go grow a liquid tail. L8.

Comment

• apollo_1444
      Banned
      • Oct 2006

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

I never listen to radio. Except Hearts of Space and Echoes....and that's only when I can.

This IS a freedom of speech country and the guy should be able to say whatever he want's shy of cusswords.
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• apollo_1444
          Banned
          • Oct 2006

funny.. most of the people that posted on this very thread don't have the balls to use their freedom of speech and call some random black a "nigger". i'd pay to see that.

Comment

• thesightless
            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
            • Jun 2004

wait, you moved from england to mexico?

why?!?!?

thats like moving from beverly hills to compton
            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• apollo_1444
              Banned
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by thesightless
              wait, you moved from england to mexico?

why?!?!?

thats like moving from beverly hills to compton
              no it isn't the only things you have visited are little classic towns and shit like that. i live in guadalajara do a google search before you say stuff like that.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                Not cool enough
                • Jun 2004

^^^omg!!!
                Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by apollo_1444
                  no it isn't the only things you have visited are little classic towns and shit like that. i live in Guadalajara do a google search before you say stuff like that.

Do you import drugs into the United States?

Comment

• res0nat0r
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by Jenks
                    I heard an interesting take today- and i'm still on the fence with this whole thing, while trying not to give a shit about it-

1. You hear everyone (including me) saying, "who gives a shit, this isn't a story." Overblown nonsense, shaprton and jackson agenda, etc etc. But what's pretty cool about all of this is that we've come this far- yes it's pretty trivial imo, but isn't it a GOOD thing that we're getting blown out of proportion over small insignificant racist comments? In this day, we've come this far that we won't even tolerate some douche on the radio who has said racist things for YEARS to say them anymore. Sign of progress imo, ( putting aside the two of the biggest racists in this story - Sharpton and Jackson. Can't believe those two get press...those two are still considered noteworthy, anyway, bleh.)

2. On the flipside- when we start censoring people this much we might as well be comunists.

3. i'm getting tired of hearing about it. and i'm also getting tired of it taking a week for people to be upset about stuff people say on public airwaves. Rush, Imus, Stern, etc. It's like it takes a few people to tell you you're pissed to be pissed. This story is almost two weeks old right? The heat didn't come for like 4-5 days, people had to MAKE an issue out of it. YES NOW I'M PISSED!!

Had stir fry for dinner, put WAY to many hot peppers in it...so i gotta go grow a liquid tail. L8.

very well put

Comment

• apollo_1444
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                      Do you import drugs into the United States?
                      negative.

Comment

• toasty
                        Sir Toastiness
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by apollo_1444
                        funny.. most of the people that posted on this very thread don't have the balls to use their freedom of speech and call some random black a "nigger". i'd pay to see that.
                        Why would we want to? For me, not using that word has nothing to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with respect for my fellow man. I'm not a racist, ergo that word doesn't leave my lips. Very simple.

Comment

• subterFUSE
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jenks

That was sort of what I was saying earlier.

People like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have crowned themselves the unelected emperors of black people. They make their livings off of stuff like this. They promote racism by actively moving about the country seeking out any potential issue, and then stir everyone up into a frenzy so they can be up in front, grandstanding. They use the issue to draw attention to themselves, and ultimately use that attention for personal financial gain.

Sharpton piled on top of the Duke players, too. Do you think he's going to apologize now? Of course not.

Comment

• Lorn
                            Looking for a title!
                            • Sep 2004

In response to the thread title....No. Imus shouldn't resign.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                              My dick is smaller
                              • Nov 2006

definitely liking Drudge right now.

IMUS: 'WHEN WILL SHARPTON APOLOGIZE TO DUKE PLAYERS?'
                              you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• res0nat0r
                                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                                • May 2006

^^hahah good point....

Comment

Working...