X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

The Plot Thickens

A lawyer for the Republican National Committee told congressional staff members yesterday that the RNC is missing at least four years' worth of e-mail from White House senior adviser Karl Rove that is being sought as part of investigations into the Bush administration, according to the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

You know, I can kinda see both sides of this. On the one hand, I get why it is necessary to have separate emails for matters of a political nature that are effectively self-serving and don't really inure to the benefit of the masses at all, so I understand why not all email traffic goes through White House servers. I can further understand that the nature of email communication makes it likely that, for purely innocuous reasons, official business got mixed in with non-official business. Happens to me when I'm doing business with people that are also friends of mine outside of work. You start talking about one thing, the thread goes a different direction, and no one says, "Can we continue this thread on my gmail account?" That would be silly.

On the other hand, how does 4 years of email vanish? I'm sure they'll be able to track that stuff down eventually -- will be very interesting to see what is included therein...
  • Localizer
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2004

Re: The Plot Thickens

As a public figure, one has to get used to the fact that they're under the scrutiny of the general public. Afterall, we count on these figures to be honest in their dealings. Conducting private matters that are suddenly 'lost' essentially defeats the purpose of providing the public with all accessible information. This isn't right and unless those emails are regarded as 'classified,' there's no reason for them to not go through the white house server. We as the public have a right to know about the dealings of our politicians, for in there lies the motivations of politics.
    Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
    -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Kobe
      I wish I had an interesting User title
      • Jun 2004

Re: The Plot Thickens

I think what is means is Fawn Hall has a job in IT and e-mail is much easier to shread than hardcopy.
      Beats are my crack.

Comment

Working...