X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beanzncheez
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

Re: Leopard Delayed to October

^ ^ That's usually the best time. You could've partied with the dust bunnies.

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

Originally posted by toasty
      actually going to have to take care of this tonight -- by the time I got back from the game, it was pretty late/I had downed quite a few beers and I didn't think it wise to be pawing around inside a computer.
      no worries.

it looks like i'm 99% going to go ahead with the purchase this weekend
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

now that I've had it for a bit, I really like it. I think you'll be pleased.

Re Vista, though, not a fan. Constantly throwing up dialogs asking me to confirm even the most basic operations, and a complete resource hog. Sure is purty, though.

Comment

• beanzncheez
          Banned
          • Jun 2004

^ ^ I believe that you can turn those notifications off.

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

now that I've had it for a bit, I really like it. I think you'll be pleased.

Re Vista, though, not a fan. Constantly throwing up dialogs asking me to confirm even the most basic operations, and a complete resource hog. Sure is purty, though.
            I was hoping the dual core AMD with 2 gig ram would pretty much swallow nearly everything vista threw its way
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

edit: @ beanz

need to do that. Drives me batshit crazy.

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                I was hoping the dual core AMD with 2 gig ram would pretty much swallow nearly everything vista threw its way
                Well, I haven't had any performance issues, it's just interesting to look at the CPU/Ram usage meter and see how much RAM is being used when the computer is basically just idling.

Comment

• beanzncheez
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2004

I know we've side tracked a bit but wanted to mention that anyone that is near a CompUSSR, and if it's still open, check for Vista there. Some stores still have some in stock and they're going for 40 - 50% off. That's a great deal if you wanted it and you can go buy extra keys from MS for $50 each.

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

Well, I haven't had any performance issues, it's just interesting to look at the CPU/Ram usage meter and see how much RAM is being used when the computer is basically just idling.
                    That is Vista's problem to begin with and one I'm going to have to deal with.

I've reached the desperate point where we need another computing unit in our house i.e. either a PC / Notebook but since I've sworn myself to getting a Mac and the funding wont permit me until next year, I've decided to go with this run of the mill PC instead.
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• toasty
                      Sir Toastiness
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                      I've reached the desperate point where we need another computing unit in our house i.e. either a PC / Notebook but since I've sworn myself to getting a Mac and the funding wont permit me until next year, I've decided to go with this run of the mill PC instead.
                      Was in a similar situation -- planning on getting a Mac but am waiting for Leopard to do so, so I didn't want to blow my wad on a really high end system. This thing is hooked up to a big screen and is basically just for surfing the web and arcade emulators (which I really couldn't use a mac for anyway), so it just didn't make just sense to go crazy and get a bunch of shit I don't need.

MBP will be my traveling/wandering around the house computer, but I have a feeling it will quickly become my favorite...

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

yes as long as I will have my 2 button mouse, I will be a happy camper with my MBP. btw if / when you're ready to get one, let me know, i have a mate who works with Apple and I might be able to get a 15% off on it - no guarantees but I will try and see what i can do for you.
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• toasty
                          Sir Toastiness
                          • Jun 2004

^^that would be great -- thanks, man!!

Comment

Working...